#1 Ron Kramer

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGrand rapids

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:44 AM

I have GTX980 - I don't know why but I had 130FPS when I started playing back in December.
On same machine I'm now at around 48-60 fps. I like SMOOTH frame rates and as such have a 144hz monitor.

I mentioned wanting another 980 for SLI speed and someone said MWO doesn't support SLI?
Later I found a older post that says It does?

I had considered selling my new 980 to upgrade to a Titan X. But I see reports that the Titan X isn't that much faster in games and I'd get more improvement with two 980 SLI.

What stinks is my CPU never goes over 12% when playing. So it's not CPU heavy. Seems more GPU heavy. Reducing options helps a little, but I can't compromise.

Also why the performance hit over the past couple mo?

Ron Kramer

#2 Ron Kramer

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGrand rapids

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

Seems after reading - I should try force DX9. Not auto.
Will try as I can only assume tht decresed frame rates.

#3 GreenHell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationGrandmas House

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:51 AM

My 7990 manages 60 frames, but performance is down a bit.

#4 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:54 AM

I forget where it is now but there was a post talking about how certain Advanced Graphic settings affect performance and listing which ones were the important ones.

#5 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

You running 3 monitors or something? 980 gtx should be screaming. Maybe something happen to your main board drivers or BIOS setting is off for the pcie port. Run a video card monitor see how much load is being put on the card. Maybe the card is over heating? Fans on these go bad.

Run a standwrd videocard benchmark make sure your video card is putting out the correct power for the size. If it's not then try to find out why. I would think it would have to be 50% slower than the average to see these fps.

As for the CPU the percentage is hard to compare because this game doesn't like to use all the cores. If you're running a older 8 core CPU this might be an issue.

I have a gtx 960 and higher end i5 with Max settings max 1980x 1200 ish res. I will pull 90fps

Your gtx 980 is about 40% faster.than my card.

As for sli i m not 100% sure as I don't run one but last I saw it was working but was not supported. So you're kind of on your own if you try it.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 05 March 2016 - 08:39 AM.

#6 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

wicked vid:
https://youtu.be/w-lzkBlIyz0

with an i7 4790 / GTX970 1920x1080 i get 100-140 fps with object detail, texturing, and environment on max, everything else minimum. dunno how SLI would affect fps, but you'd *think* it'd help a fair amount

i tried shadows on medium for a week once and lost 40fps so small adjustments like that can drastically affect your fps

for all i know having an SSD boot drive can help fps too since windows/MWO might access the HDD for certain things - i got one and i'm usually first one loaded into a match

Edited by JagdFlanker, 05 March 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#7 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:24 AM

GeForce gtx 960 i54690 everything at medium setting (easier to play with simple shapes).
I stay over 100fps at all times, but I only have a browser window in the background and pay close attention to any other apps that may be running.

You may want to try go back to restore your computer before some updates and installs. "Stuff" can gum up how the "pieces" play together. This is also a good step for trouble shooting.

Also check your hardware for known recent issues. I had a first gen MB that got a placeholder chip and the updates were always "iffy".

#8 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:39 AM

What kind of CPU is it?

#9 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:13 PM

My Nvidia 660Ti gets me about between 25 and 40 fps.

I am so jealous of the OP...

#10 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

theres a problem with the particle effects on lasers hitting stuff close up that even wrecks the fps of 980ti inl SLI

#11 Celtic Warrior IS

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 70 posts
  • LocationOperation Bulldog - Tranquil - HI

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:31 PM

I'm running a R9 390 with an 8350 CPU all settings are on high and I'm getting anywhere from 60 to 70 fps all the time.

#12 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

This game is running on a hacked demo model of cryengine... It isn't your hardware brah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users