I Appreciate This Community

34 replies to this topic

#1 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:00 PM

MWO is a really small niche game. It doesn't have the numbers nor will it ever be anything where we've got 10k people, let alone WoW's population, playing at any one point in time. With the game having been out for 4 years, give or take, there have been countless ***** posts, both for good and bad reasons. For those of us that were here from the beginning, we've seen a lot of changes and quite a bit that have made us scratch our heads in collective "HUH?" But, I can say with utmost certainty and honesty that it still puts a smile on my face, not only playing this game, but dropping into a game to see a fellow forum warrior on either side. It is the small things like that which keep me going and bring enjoyment. So, /salute fellow Warriors and keep on dropping - I hope to see you soon.

Traug

#2 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:24 PM

Your welcome. Posted Image

#3 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:27 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 05 March 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

MWO is a really small niche game. It doesn't have the numbers nor will it ever be anything where we've got 10k people, let alone WoW's population, playing at any one point in time. With the game having been out for 4 years, give or take, there have been countless ***** posts, both for good and bad reasons. For those of us that were here from the beginning, we've seen a lot of changes and quite a bit that have made us scratch our heads in collective "HUH?" But, I can say with utmost certainty and honesty that it still puts a smile on my face, not only playing this game, but dropping into a game to see a fellow forum warrior on either side. It is the small things like that which keep me going and bring enjoyment. So, /salute fellow Warriors and keep on dropping - I hope to see you soon.

Traug

Very nice. One of the most positive-minded things I've seen around here in a while. Salute.

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

Your welcome.

*You're

:-p

#5 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 05 March 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

*You're

:-p

My old English teacher would have hit me and made me write "you ARE" welcome but then I am really old school.

#6 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostEric Wulfen, on 05 March 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

My old English teacher would have hit me and made me write "you ARE" welcome but then I am really old school.

Thou art.

Posted Image

#7 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

Wow, another thread like this? Do we really need to post this kind of stuff every day? Jesus Christ. So sick of reading these threads. Just use the search function next time, dude.

Spoiler

#8 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:51 PM

Reported for spoiler abuse.

I like this place.

#9 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:26 PM

This community is older than me on average (21 Years old), which is really nice because people tend to b*tch less about everything.

I played my fair share of Halo 2-5 on Xbox, Dota 2 and Counter Strike, so I know that I can appreciate this community.

#10 Alakan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

You loyal.

Put this MC in your account. Buy your unit leader a Mechbay. Buy your whole unit some mechbays.

This next part of the post is for when you trying to up your Tier or you grinding XP.

Another one.

Another one.

And another one.

And another one.

#11 Kaisha

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

Funny, I found it no different than the LoL and worse than the WoW community.

#12 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:40 PM

View PostKaisha, on 05 March 2016 - 04:04 PM, said:

Funny, I found it no different than the LoL and worse than the WoW community.

Depends on where you are tier wise really.

Lower tier has more trolls and rage a holics because they haven't screwed up enough to get banned yet.

That is much less the case once you hit tiers 1 and 2.

#13 Kaisha

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 05 March 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

Depends on where you are tier wise really.

Lower tier has more trolls and rage a holics because they haven't screwed up enough to get banned yet.

That is much less the case once you hit tiers 1 and 2.

I was more referring to these forums in general. Case in point http://mwomercs.com/...ower-speed-cap/ the vast majority of the posts are of the form 'git gud'/'you are bad' responses. That's exactly what I would expect from the LOL community. its funny because one of the longest standing bugs in LOL is that some champ models don't follow the hit boxes, so hitting some champs with skill shots requires firing off center. Been in the game since day 1, trivially reproducable, and yet every time its brought up there are an endless stream of idiots that feel the need to bleat out 'you iz bad' or something similar.

I found people in lower tiers just didn't talk at all. In my experience its the T1 and T2 guys that think they are all that and rage any time someone say anything that doesn't fit with their limited worldview.

#14 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 05 March 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

Traug

Posted Image

#15 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

Why do we play?
Posted Image

#16 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:05 PM

View PostKaisha, on 05 March 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

I was more referring to these forums in general. Case in point http://mwomercs.com/...ower-speed-cap/ the vast majority of the posts are of the form 'git gud'/'you are bad' responses. That's exactly what I would expect from the LOL community. its funny because one of the longest standing bugs in LOL is that some champ models don't follow the hit boxes, so hitting some champs with skill shots requires firing off center. Been in the game since day 1, trivially reproducable, and yet every time its brought up there are an endless stream of idiots that feel the need to bleat out 'you iz bad' or something similar.

I found people in lower tiers just didn't talk at all. In my experience its the T1 and T2 guys that think they are all that and rage any time someone say anything that doesn't fit with their limited worldview.

Oh right... uh... I mostly ignore them and focus on making sarcastic and snarky comments while I'm waiting to drop.

#17 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:55 PM

The vocal community is extremely negative, posters who do nothing but trash the game and PGI like spoiled children constantly throwing temper tandrums, but then there are those in any gaming forums and non gaming forums. There is little discussion and instead are filled with rage-posters that try and brow-beat people into submission, and MWO is no exception.

nor will it ever be anything where we've got 10k people

There is no way you can know this unless you are from the future or know the future...

I appreciate the game, PGI, those in my unit and those I recognize from past Mechwarrior games, and a few nice people that ended up on my friend's list, but i don't appreciate those units that flood the public and CW que with 8-12 mans and that spawn camp teams in Faction Play, and those individuals who curse or belittle others on VOIP or chat, shoot teammates, or see how demeaning they can make posts on the forums with no constructive element at all.

#18 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:02 PM

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

Your welcome. Posted Image

This is what I get for being in a rush to snark! Posted Image

#19 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:11 PM

View PostKaisha, on 05 March 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

9 replies out of 47 were of a "git gud" nature, that's far from the majority. Now you will get poked fun at from me and a few others if you decide to use math incorrectly to prove something ;)

OP, I've said for years that the community we have here is very welcoming and helpful overall. That's even doubly so when you consider that the vast majority of help and assistance players get are from one another as opposed to PGI taking an active hand in helping the community here.

Trust me when I say that this is one of the milder and tamer communities when it comes to online gaming

#20 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:51 AM

Meh, I take the good and the bad, Sandy. I was here when we had 4 mechs, I was here when having only 1 JJ made you a freaking Olympic gold medal god, etc. etc. Games ebb and flow and so has MWO. But, the long standing players have remained. My friends list is a cornucopia of the originals and sometimes, you've got to tip your hat to those that have endured the test of time. Hell, I left for almost 2 years and almost everyone is still around. All of that for big stompy robots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users