La Malinche Problems

2 replies to this topic

#1 Remillard

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

So I've been working on Banshees lately. Snagged the mastery pack as I had some MC available. Now, I'm almost done, but the La Malinche build I had been using (http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f69217328b9421a from Metamechs) just is super aggravating to use. The AC/10, LPL, and Medium laser in the side and center torsos is really tough to layout weapon groups for. I tend to make sure I group left and right sides separately for side poking, but the torso frequently gets all fired at once, which feels awkward and the cooldowns are all different and messed up.

So, I was pondering an alternative and see if I could get some conventional wisdom on it. I think I will probably gang the left arm and side torso LPLs together, the right arm LPL on a single key, and then keep something for missiles. I don't know that the LRMs have any more synergy with the LPLs than the AC/10 but with as low slung as the AC/10 is (about waist level) I figured maybe the LRMs would offer an alternative damage method while working on the best way to get some face time for the pulse lasers.

My alternative is: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=143&l=83aaaa67de3dc1b4a2b018fbb574277493862f3a

Is it a dumb idea? I can see why this mech got its reputation as being difficult to work with. There is just little to no hardpoint synergy at all.

Alternative notion, could eliminate the center MPL for another ton of LRMs if it's not a totally halfbaked idea.

EDIT: Nevermind. Suffered through my last little bit of XP and got the chassis mastered. Stripped and mothballed the La Malinche.

Edited by Remillard, 08 March 2016 - 06:38 AM.

#2 Jorunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:36 PM

Here's my build, I group the Right Arm LPL on Mouse 2, Left Arm and Left Torso LPL and ML on Mouse 1 (left click right click firing each side with Left side having the heavy hit, right side for poking). AC10 is on Mouse 3, Alpha Strike on Mouse 4.

One of my favorite mechs and a damn good money maker. Took me a while to get used to it but at 70 kph it moves damn fast for an assault and packs crazy firepower, tremendous torso twist, heavy armor... Watch how it's played:
One build (not quite what's in the video): LA MALINCHE

6 Kills, 970 Damage

5 Kills 714 Damage

#3 Remillard

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

I appreciate it. I did end up finishing up the XP tree with it, and if it had really truly sucked, it would have taken even longer, so there was some good in there.

I think I largely just started to ignore the medium laser because it's the one oddball that doesn't fit and I don't like firing weapons that don't fit in the same group. For instance the the LPL's go together but the ML and the LPL do not, and just going to raise heat and only tickle when might have been better not to fire it at all. I think I did finally map a button to it but I did most of my damage with the AC and LPLs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users