New Thought On Cheaters

28 replies to this topic

#21 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:41 AM

View Postkesmai, on 08 March 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

Only 1% are cheaters, according to russ. So no problem as you Will meet one in roughly every 4th game you drop.

oh, wAit every 4th game... hmmm.

a drop in cw consists of 96 mechs. Does that also mean, if i take 1%, that in every cw drop there is a cheater?
but as russ said no real problem...
i have To stop here. +where's that fugging banwave?

Erm, what?

24 PLAYERS in a CW match. 96 mechs, yes, but individual mechs dont cheat, players do that..

#22 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:43 AM

Damn, you got me. Now i have to drop at least 4 times in cw to meet one of that 1%. I see, no problem.

that 1% though. How is that determined? Active players? Over all registered players? Hey russ, tell me.

Edited by kesmai, 08 March 2016 - 02:45 AM.

#23 Kaisha

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:46 AM

View Post1453 R, on 07 March 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

Rush: every time Piranha does one of those public ban waves the forum likes so much, they weaken their ability to detect and deal with other cheaters.

The cheaters themselves are incidental - the real fight is against the cheat writers, who're constantly looking for information on Piranha's systems to try and find a way to make their cheats harder to detect. Every piece of information the cheat writers get makes their job easier and Piranha's harder. On top of that, monitoring known cheats to get a better sense of the cheat software being used makes it easier for Piranha to find cheaters in the future. Keeping a very small handful of lab rats makes sense from an overall game-cleaning standpoint. Do rest assured that the lab rats in question are compromised and will not be allowed to 'make good' on their cheats. The boot is simply hovering for a while before it drops.

Public name-and-shame banning is great for player morale but bad for actually keeping the game as clean as possible. Gotta pick one, and I know which one I'm rooting for.

MWO isn't large enough for the coders to care. They're either in it for the fame or the cash (usually a bit of both), and that requires a larger player base. The MWO aim bots are just aim bots for other cry-engine based games patched over. Also PGI isn't helping or hindering the coders with their actions, I guarantee they know more about the inner workings of the cry-engine than any dev at PGI.

#24 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:47 AM

View Postkesmai, on 08 March 2016 - 02:43 AM, said:

Damn, you got me. Now i have to drop at least 4 times in cw to meet one of that 1%. I see, no problem.

Don't get me wrong, i HATE cheaters in online games and think they should have their PC destroyed in punishment. However, ive played badly hacked games in the past, and this aint that. There are cheats, there are idiots using them, but they are far from prevalent from what i can see.. they do get banned (ive reported people and they have been banned). Id 'like' a public name and shame, for popcorn eating reasons, but im not super bothered about that.

#25 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:48 AM

Well. I guess a flash based overlay isn't rocket science to hack...

@widowmaker1981. I want the banwave for beer and popcorn and to get rid of all that vagueness, accusations and stupidity that is in every tenth forumpost at the moment. The momentary paranoia and ******* habitry (that a word?) that's going right Now hurts the game way more than that presumed 1%.

Edited by kesmai, 08 March 2016 - 02:54 AM.

#26 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:56 AM

Yeah. "New" though. Posted Image

View Postkesmai, on 08 March 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

a drop in cw consists of 96 mechs. Does that also mean, if i take 1%, that in every cw drop there is a cheater?

Yeah, all 24 players fielding four 'Mechs each will obviously increase your chance to run into a cheater.

Posted Image

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 08 March 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

However, ive played badly hacked games in the past, and this aint that. There are cheats, there are idiots using them, but they are far from prevalent from what i can see..

The number of cheaters, whether the "1%" figure is accurate or not, just doesn't warrant massive action, I assume. Banning people on an individual basis, following some investigation after a report, just seems way more feasible than going for huge ban waves.

Anyway, I agree, MWO isn't quite the hackfest some people make it out to be. I used to play Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide a few months back. That had a lot of cheaters. Probably because nobody cares as long as it's not PvP Posted Image

#27 Jenovah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:40 AM

MWO doesn't have near the problem of cheating as many other games; that being said, there is no way to completely eliminate it. People get bored, know how to code, and take it as a challenge when a game system updates its anti hacks. Some make money off of it. Sometimes it's good money. The key is to keep it down to a minimum and hit people in their pocket books.

I wont cheat in MWO not because of some sense of "honor in a pixelated game" but because I have invested money in these pixels and want to use them.

#28 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

"TinFoil Hats for Sale!, TinFoil Hats for Sale!" "Cheap!"

#29 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:21 AM

Hey everyone, I'm sorry for doing this but I have to lock this thread. Discussing Hacking/Cheating/Exploiting is against the CoC, which is why some threads on this subject have disappeared/locked.

I'm asking you right now, PLEASE stop making discussions on this, we don't want to start warning/banning(temp) people from the forums here because of this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users