#21 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:19 PM

View PostChuck Jager, on 08 March 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Does loudly complaining about prices really work for anybody?

Oh oh oh! I know the answer!

No. No it does not work. Lol.

#22 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:29 PM

This is nothing new. The early adopter bonuses in this game are offered a month. If you miss this chance it's your fault. It's not PGI's fault that you got no money left. It's not PGI's fault that you were on holidays or whatever reason you couldn't get the package within the month.
Deal with it. Who do you think you are? God? President?
The planet keeps turning with or without you.

#23 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

View PostChuck Jager, on 08 March 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Does loudly complaining about prices really work for anybody?

View PostRepasy, on 08 March 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

Oh oh oh! I know the answer!

No. No it does not work. Lol.

Actually, it does. It is why they added ala carte options to the Clan wave packs and later IS packs, and it is partly why we have this new system of individual mech packs instead of the larger mech packs we used to do. Amusingly enough they may also be doing another Clan wave pack again partly because of complaints about these one mech a month packs being less of a value than the previous larger packs if you want all of the mechs.

#24 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostHerr Vorragend, on 08 March 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

The planet keeps turning with or without you.

Not sure why this matters at all to anyone's argument.
It certainly does continue to turn as it would if they kept the early adopter rewards available up to the point of the release.

#25 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:05 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 08 March 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

Actually, it does. It is why they added ala carte options to the Clan wave packs and later IS packs, and it is partly why we have this new system of individual mech packs instead of the larger mech packs we used to do. Amusingly enough they may also be doing another Clan wave pack again partly because of complaints about these one mech a month packs being less of a value than the previous larger packs if you want all of the mechs.

Though to keep the record straight, the main argument for a la carte at the time (and the only one that really carried any weight) was very specifically people not wanting to pay 150$ just to get the Adder, or 210 just for Timber Wolves. And THAT was a very valid gripe.

But as soon as they got the change to get single mechs, what happend? More whining, of course!!! Notably "Boo hoo, a single mech is too expensive!!" and "Boo hoo, I don´t get the package bonuses if I only buy one mech"

Well no ****, all you sherlocks, that´s the difference between buying a preconfigured pack and buying a single mech.

And yet the community still had the audacity to say they´re not acting entitled... Posted Image

#26 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

I preordered and have been waiting forever for this stupid mech and then ill have to wait another eternity for the Kodiak.

#27 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:01 PM

The whole point is to encourage people to buy early. A case can be made for scaling the rewards down as it draws near. But people who paid at the last minute, shouldn't be rewarded the same as people who put their money down weeks in advance.

#28 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 08 March 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

Liar.

I was going to buy it. I just spent $80 in December on a year's premium time and extra MC and didn't want to throw more money at it until January. Come January, the pack was devalued by 20 million C-Bills. That is why I did not buy in January.

You have lost Credibility by lying about me.

You know why it's being brought up now? PGI doesn't post when they removed the Early Adoptor Rewards after they were removed. It leaves people wondering when they were removed.

Soooo... your argument here is that... because you spent your money unwisely, you couldn't afford to purchase content you were interested in during an active promotion period. And then, since you were no longer getting extra freebies with your purchase, you decided not to purchase at all because you no longer felt the value to cost ratio was at a level that interested you anymore. And since the promotion period was clearly posted from the moment the pre-order was announced, and a daily countdown to the end of the promotion was displayed front and center on the site to order this content, you feel that somehow there was a lack of clarity on the matter.

And all of this is somehow PGIs fault.

Does that sum it up?

#29 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 08 March 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Nope, it is a bad decision. The removal of early adoptor rewards takes about 20-25 million C-Bills worth of value from the packages, rendering them a "poor buy" based on this game's high prices.

I was going to buy the Archer pack in January, but they had already pulled the rewards from the pack by then, so I did not buy them. Goi g to skip those Mechs because PGI punished me for not buying g it in December. I spent $80 on stuff in December and couldn't throw another batch of cash at the game then, come January they devalued the package.

It's not Artificial Scarcity. It's a threat to buy it now, or get ripped off buying it later.

It's the same exact technique used by the Penguin insulated winow salesmen that came to my house when I wanted a bid quote on new vinyl windows. They said "you can buy it right now, this instant, at this price, or if you wait until tomorrow them we'll have to charge this [much higher] price.".

When I had them verify that he wasn't joking, I told him to get out of my house immediately.

I was on the fence about getting the package now but with this, I'm definitely going to wait for the cbill versions now. I could have gotten it in December but was unhappy with some of the things I was seeing done (or not done) in the game. Now I see some improvement and I was seriously considering picking it up now but with the removal of a great deal of its value, it looks like I'm going to pass. If the extras were still available, it'd be in my preorder list right now. Guess I'm SoL until they're available for cbills.

#30 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:25 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 08 March 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

Soooo... your argument here is that... because you spent your money unwisely, you couldn't afford to purchase content you were interested in during an active promotion period. And then, since you were no longer getting extra freebies with your purchase, you decided not to purchase at all because you no longer felt the value to cost ratio was at a level that interested you anymore. And since the promotion period was clearly posted from the moment the pre-order was announced, and a daily countdown to the end of the promotion was displayed front and center on the site to order this content, you feel that somehow there was a lack of clarity on the matter.

And all of this is somehow PGIs fault.

Does that sum it up?

I would say the point is that PGI is costing themselves money in the long run by making the early adopter rewards a huge part of the pack's value. They are losing out on sales after those rewards expire because they are a big part of what makes the packs worth the money.

#31 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:39 PM

View PostLostdragon, on 08 March 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

I would say the point is that PGI is costing themselves money in the long run by making the early adopter rewards a huge part of the pack's value. They are losing out on sales after those rewards expire because they are a big part of what makes the packs worth the money.

Early adopters (who essentially are the ones funding the actual production time to make the mech) get the most rewards because their investment is by far the most beneficial to PGI. Those who simply pre-order also get a few extra bucks worth of solid value from ordering the pack in advance of release - a full month of premium time and 3 cockpit items is pretty good value on top of a $20 pack. That's what... 50% extra value? And that 50% is available right up until release. So it's not like those who JUST pre-order are getting shafted here.

It all sounds a bit entitled. If a person wanted the rewards, he/she should have plunked down cash when they were available. If you lost out on the promotion because you were broke... well... that's life. Sales never last forever.

#32 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 08 March 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

Early adopters (who essentially are the ones funding the actual production time to make the mech) get the most rewards because their investment is by far the most beneficial to PGI. Those who simply pre-order also get a few extra bucks worth of solid value from ordering the pack in advance of release - a full month of premium time and 3 cockpit items is pretty good value on top of a $20 pack. That's what... 50% extra value? And that 50% is available right up until release. So it's not like those who JUST pre-order are getting shafted here.

It all sounds a bit entitled. If a person wanted the rewards, he/she should have plunked down cash when they were available. If you lost out on the promotion because you were broke... well... that's life. Sales never last forever.

Do you think PGI would rather have no money for the Origins pack from me or some money for it? I missed the early adopter rewards for many reasons, including concerns about whether the mechs would even be good, but I eventually decided I would probably at least enjoy the Jenners and Hunchbacks but two of the versions I really wanted were early adopter rewards only. So because the value was not there I spent no money and just bought the mechs with Cbills.

It is fine to have nice early adopter rewards, but having mechs for them is probably not the best idea. The pack still needs to have significant value on its own without the early adopter rewards. Excluding some of the better variants from the pack just makes spending money on it seem silly.

#33 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 08 March 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

The whole point is to encourage people to buy early. A case can be made for scaling the rewards down as it draws near. But people who paid at the last minute, shouldn't be rewarded the same as people who put their money down weeks in advance.

Yea exactly. Keep in mind that when PGI issues these early adopter sales, the product isn't even finished yet. They have to have some way to thank the people who purchase far in advance, because those early adopter funds get fed directly to the products development. "Thank you for purchasing our product based simply on the concept, here is a token of gratitude." There's nothing shady going on here guys, just people bumbling excuses for their own procrastination or brokeface.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users