Doin It Rite?

Achievements Gameplay

26 replies to this topic

#21 Deathswarrior

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:14 PM

Well done, It's always good to see new players enjoying some stompy robot fun time.

#22 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostGeoFalke, on 08 March 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Been a MechWarrior going on what, a week now, and this is one of my best matches yet.

video might not have registered the trim yet, so if it starts in the mechlab just skip to 1:50 or so.

Looking good but I have only a couple of observations.

You need to target more. Even when you can not yet see the enemy overall you do well with this just do more.

Also be slightly more aware of team mates and their positions and capabilities.You are not a navagational hazard so don't sweat it much but, there were a few instances where you could have manuvered better.

In particular at about 5min 50 sec on the vid you passed a pair of Kingcrabs as you moved to engage an enemy Jager. At 5:55 if you juked left and used your jets to clear the short drop the Kingcrabs whould have had their fire lane clear.

Not a big deal at that point in that particular match since it was only the Jager and the Timber left but,be ever mindful of friendly fire lanes especially when it's a pair of 100 ton assaults that could easily accidently core you from behind.

Otherwise you seem to be a quick learner and well on your way to more successful matches like this one.

#23 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

GG

#24 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostPjwned, on 08 March 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

Not to rain on your parade but I definitely saw a number of mistakes made in the video, and if the enemy team had played smarter you probably would've ate the ground halfway through rather than surviving until the end. I'll just make a brief summary of some mistakes I saw.

-At 1:30, carelessly chasing a light mech with tunnel vision and not checking to your left to see if enemy mechs were there and ready to fire at you, or if you had looked over maybe you could've gotten an extra shot in at them with your large laser (if they were there) or at least locked a target briefly to give your team radar info.

-At 2:25, getting baited away from your team by an ECM mech into a more open area while most of your weapons are short range, and then rushing out of cover to do ineffective damage to 1 mech even though you were clearly spotted and indeed took a bunch of damage as a result while retreating. This is a pretty bad play for multiple reasons, and if the enemy team was a bit more aggressive towards the 1 lone Nova that probably would've been the end of the round for you.

-At 3:55, jumping out of cover for some reason and being exposed for multiple seconds to enemy fire for no real reason at all, resulting in unnecessary damage from enemy LRMs. Not a huge mistake or anything, but it was pretty pointless to do that considering what your weapons are and what kind of position you & the enemy were at.

There's some other nitpicks I could point out I guess, but that's what stood out to me the most. Still did a decent job and got a nice match score though, especially for a relatively new player so that's cool, but I did want to point out some mistakes I saw.

This was my exact feedback, good job.

The way you played early would've gotten you killed fast against better players

4 words, repeat after me: NEVER. CHASE. THE. SQUIRRELS. Doing so got you way out of position from the rest of your team, and almost killed.

Also, turn off arm lock!

Edited by LT. HARDCASE, 09 March 2016 - 03:17 PM.

#25 GeoFalke

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 09 March 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

This was my exact feedback, good job.

The way you played early would've gotten you killed fast against better players

4 words, repeat after me: NEVER. CHASE. THE. SQUIRRELS. Doing so got you way out of position from the rest of your team, and almost killed.

Also, turn off arm lock!

I have arm lock set to toggle and I do use it when there's a target either too high or too low, but I'm still trying to get a super solid grip on the general controls before I get into the more advanced controls.

thanks for the input though :D

#26 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:43 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 08 March 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

Yeah, I've got a far more expensive computer and I still can't get MWO to run at a steady 60+ FPS
4790k, 970 GTX, 8GB Ram....

You got something wrong there... I have the same CPU but different GPU and I get 100+ fps.

#27 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:47 PM

View PostDjPush, on 09 March 2016 - 08:43 PM, said:

You got something wrong there... I have the same CPU but different GPU and I get 100+ fps.

Yeah I really don't get it and it pisses me off. I am running triple monitors, but I also run pretty much anything else without any drama.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users