197 replies to this topic

#121 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hmm, the particular group of "goons" on here I have honestly never heard of until this game and this is by far not the first game I've ever played online. Never even heard of that guy who said some other guy should commit suicide. So, I don't know about your particular brand of silliness but you seem like you have the qualifications of both "target" and "distraction" and I think we could possibly get along :huh:

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

I am a member of the United States Air Force, I am 2A5X3A AFSC, I work on C-130H2/H3s, DoD was just a nicer way of saying 'Enlisted' without trying to sound arrogant.

I just tell people I save the world. C-130H's huh? I preferred A-10A's but that's what I've been on the last several years. Unless someone with a suit and tie tells us the base is closing down again. :P

#122 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Wow, how bad was it to work on? We have APN-241 Low Power Color Radar, SOOOO much easier to work on than the APN-59 which had all those damned pressurization systems and was prone to breakdowns.

Just be glad you didn't have to work with sodium hexaflauride pressurized waveguides

#123 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostStahl Krieger, on 13 July 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

I was going to respond, and then I saw this message. Thank you, Dificeman. Your point is about as good as it comes.

And he got shot down a page or two later.
I'm glad you follow the same mindless ideal that Goons are cheating exploiting jerks but have yet to have anything to show for it. Even I Pet Goat's little pictures didn't show anything.

This thread is about cool Radars now. Go throw your mindless angry drivel at someone else.

View PostDamion Sparhawk, on 13 July 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Just be glad you didn't have to work with sodium hexaflauride pressurized waveguides

No no no no no please no no no....

View PostKaryudo ds, on 13 July 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

I just tell people I save the world. C-130H's huh? I preferred A-10A's but that's what I've been on the last several years. Unless someone with a suit and tie tells us the base is closing down again. :huh:

A-10s are awesome. Period. Hell, the company that produced the A-10 actually brought on an German ex-Stuka Ace to help them determine its requirements.

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#124 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Heh, does it really matter if people hate goons?

Don't take the game, nor the goon-haters, too seriously.

#125 Damion Sparhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostLipot, on 13 July 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Jesus, Commie, Damion. You two are almost making me wish that I was in the USAF instead of the CAF DND cadet command division I was in. I was trying to work my way into 8 Wing Air Transport in Trenton via the "baby sitting" group. They gave me my commission then told me that I was not going to be allowed to get my minimum flight time to transfer over to the reg force group. Of course if I was state side, I would of been one of those giving the messed up reports about the radar and requesting the mp3 adapter as well.

nothing against officers, the missile guys next door threw the best BBQ's tri-tip and beers all around XD (they requisitioned one of the wood grills just about every week XD)

#126 Vissar

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Sign me up for Death and Taxes!

#127 Terrorbeard

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDeklein

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

#128 Bobfrombobtown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

I got distracted after 5 seconds. What is/was the point of this thread? And why does anyone care about "the Goons"? My personal experience with "goons" is related to EVE Online. And I just find them entertaining. Also, they make good targets when found alone. So why are they feared again?

#129 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Wow, how bad was it to work on? We have APN-241 Low Power Color Radar, SOOOO much easier to work on than the APN-59 which had all those damned pressurization systems and was prone to breakdowns.

Wasn't too bad. Depended mostly on the squadron "goons" :huh: . They liked to drop stuff down ladder wells and pretty much break everything like they were trolling lol. We had the pressure stuff too and it was a pain. Shore guys were lucky cause Raytheon had permanent techs there, where us ship guys had to "figure it out" lol

#130 Lipot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostDamion Sparhawk, on 13 July 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

nothing against officers, the missile guys next door threw the best BBQ's tri-tip and beers all around XD (they requisitioned one of the wood grills just about every week XD)

I was consider the worst type of officer in the Canadian forces. Basically it was my job to hype up and attract teens into our cadet system for very basic training and some minor advance stuff. I barely had to do anything but watch kids but I also didn't get paid unless I did a course or some special training op with the infantry even though I was in the air command structure. But I used to let the kids get away with anything that wasn't illegal or going to get me tossed out.

#131 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostDamion Sparhawk, on 13 July 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

One thing I learned quick about flight officers: Be polite, and be upfront.

Every time we fixed something, I told the officers what went wrong and what we did to fix it, a little too much detail for the likes of my fellow MX coworkers, but the next time something broke, they told me MUCH more about what went wrong. Made my job so easy. I have yet to find an officer I cannot get along with.

View PostLonestar1771, on 13 July 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Wasn't too bad. Depended mostly on the squadron "goons" :huh: . They liked to drop stuff down ladder wells and pretty much break everything like they were trolling lol. We had the pressure stuff too and it was a pain. Shore guys were lucky cause Raytheon had permanent techs there, where us ship guys had to "figure it out" lol

Worst I've had is a plane come back from assault landing training i.e. they land on a rock and dirt strip, and they'd politely come by and tell us all the blade antennas on the belly were now gone.

Fun times. Every single L-band antenna was either shattered or completely ripped off the belly of the aircraft.

Oh, another good one: Aircraft gets sent to depot for a complete overhaul. But of course, the USAF uses minimum bid contractors to do this.

We get the Aircraft back, nothing out of the ordinary, until we attempt to test UHF. Cannot receive or transmit. Swap radios. Its in the same spot, so we cycle the antenna selector switch from top to bottom. It works.

Turns out, the contractors had broken a foamflex line that runs under the floorboards in the cargo bay. Foamflex is a straight up EVIL thing. Its basically hollow coax inside a somewhat bendable metal shield with hard plastic around the conductor.

It is a PITA to bend that crap, and we had to replace the ENTIRE length running from the 245 wall (right behind the flight deck) to just behind the upper antenna.

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#132 Grey Weasel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationToledo,OH

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostCommieGIR, on 13 July 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

They do this because you react to it. Remember what your mom told you in high school about kids you didn't like? Yeah, its like that.

Of course I react to it. I laugh. Good gravy, don't people have a sense of humor, anymore?

#133 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

12 Jenners till conquer a planet and then next wave and then next,next,next till no players left on server to defend.
No thanks lets ban them on sight

#134 Skyefox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorthern California, Terra

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostBluey, on 13 July 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

12 Jenners till conquer a planet and then next wave and then next,next,next till no players left on server to defend.

While we're at it, we should ban all German and Japanese players too, since they're really good at the world domination game, right?

Side note: OMG Goons and Norms talkin and conversin like it's ok! The madness! The approachable non offensive madness!

#135 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostBluey, on 13 July 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

This, but unironically.

#136 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

goons are misunderstood creatures

hating them to be hip or edgy because HURR GOONZ is just silly. Hating them because you made the wrong people mad and you couldnt keep them away from your stuff is entirely reasonable, although still your fault.

In my extensive experience with the goons, outside of their established agenda, they are entirely harmless until provoked. So if you're going to act like a butthead don't cry when they force feed you your own medicine, and if you take the internet too seriously and treat others poorly because of it, don't be surprised when you get harassed for a reaction.

such is life in the zone..

Edited by Battlecruiser, 13 July 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#137 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

No offence but about goons I think they are bunch of idiots got hyped*given motivational speech, we are a clan and a family lie* by a smart leader*evil plotter* turned them into small money makers and then after turning all that virtual money into real paper.He cleaned his ... with them like TP threw them away.2 Guys got rich and ran away and still those so called goons protecting their clan values.Your boses on a boat with hot young .....s

In early 2010, a GoonSwarm director and leader of Goonfleet named karttoon bored with his position kicked all corporations of GoonSwarm except for the wallet holding corp and holding corp, and transferred the alliance and Goonfleet funds that he had access to, totalling upwards of 150 billion ISK in cash and around 300 billion ISK in assets into his own wallet.

#138 CommieGIR

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCheyenne, WY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostBluey, on 13 July 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

No offence but about goons I think they are bunch of idiots got hyped*given motivational speech, we are a clan and a family lie* by a smart leader*evil plotter* turned them into small money makers and then after turning all that virtual money into real paper.He cleaned his ... with them like TP threw them away.2 Guys got rich and ran away and still those so called goons protecting their clan values.Your boses on a boat with hot young .....s

We've seen this once already. to be fair, please stop spamming the thread with the same stuff.

And we don't care. Considering Goonswarm is doing a-ok right now on EvE, this really didn't do much except for the exact same thing we did to BoB.

Back to Radars, Aircraft, and Crazy Enlisted and Officers yammering away about our past.

Edited by CommieGIR, 13 July 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#139 Bobfrombobtown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Just because:

enjoy.

EDIT: CLICK IT SO YOU KNOW...
I'M NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP...

Edited by Bobfrombobtown, 13 July 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#140 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Why did you post the same post twice.

Bluey, is this all a cry for attention? You don't need to do this, we're always here for you. Posted Image

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users