Thunderbolt
Blackjack
Raven

Got 2 kills, 21 assists, 1100dmg on a counter-attack and was on my last mech
Payout with win (not bonus) - was 680k C-Bills and 1024LP

Now I am Loyalist - deck
x4 Thunderbolts

Got 5 kills - 19 assists, 1500+ dmg on a defend and used 2 mechs
Payout with win (not bonus) - was 350k C-Bills (and with a hero mech) and a mere 527LP

So why such a massive difference?

#2 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:08 AM

What you are not taking into account is the added bonuses; kills most damage, component destructions, "teamwork" bonuses (sticking close to your lance, defending damaged teammates, etc.) and scouting bonuses for being the 1st to target an enemy. Some of these can rack up huge rewards over the course of a 30 minute game, especially the KMDD and components.

#3 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 09 March 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

What you are not taking into account is the added bonuses; kills most damage, component destructions, "teamwork" bonuses (sticking close to your lance, defending damaged teammates, etc.) and scouting bonuses for being the 1st to target an enemy. Some of these can rack up huge rewards over the course of a 30 minute game, especially the KMDD and components.

Yeah, there are huge variations based on things other than kills and damage. Still seems a little weird in your case but if anything, I'd say you were grossly overpaid for the 2 kill 1100 damage performance so nothing to complain about at least.

Was there premium time involved in the first match but not the second?

#4 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:22 AM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 09 March 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

Was there premium time involved in the first match but not the second?

Good point, Premium Time could also explain it.

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostReemusX, on 09 March 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

So, when I was on a 2 week contract with my faction I ran my deck
KGC
Thunderbolt
Blackjack
Raven

Got 2 kills, 21 assists, 1100dmg on a counter-attack and was on my last mech
Payout with win (not bonus) - was 680k C-Bills and 1024LP

Now I am Loyalist - deck
x4 Thunderbolts

Got 5 kills - 19 assists, 1500+ dmg on a defend and used 2 mechs
Payout with win (not bonus) - was 350k C-Bills (and with a hero mech) and a mere 527LP

So why such a massive difference?

you're also not taking into account the 300k bonus for a win as a loyalist

#6 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:29 AM

Premium time is always on. The bonuses were left out.... Just the match scores minus the bonuses as mentioned.

I was wondering if there is a bump more for not using all of your drop tonnage or something.

I can see the most dmg dealt with the KGC.... It wrecks a lot but always seemed to lose the kill. Assists are where the real money is I guess....but still the numbers have been quite different since I went loyalist...and not in a good way. I was making more and more LP by match with 2 week deals than now.

Edited by ReemusX, 09 March 2016 - 09:31 AM.

#7 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

The match score is inflated but the CBill reward isn't affected by not using all 'Mechs, unless that has been snuck in.

I just reread your post. So those figures are the match total before your bonuses, taken from the breakdown screen post match?

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 09 March 2016 - 09:34 AM.

#8 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

Scouting, components destroyed (this can be huge, espec if you blow off torsos which becomes a destroyed torso, destroyed arm, and all the destroyed weapons), formation, counter ECM (UAV's are great money makers in CW if you can pop them near a bunch of enemy mechs), etc.

As for your kills, if you got the kill shot, but not solo kill or kill most damage in your second game, that's worth nowhere near as much as your first game where you almost certainly did pick up KMD's and prolly solo kills as well.

#9 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 09 March 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

The match score is inflated but the CBill reward isn't affected by not using all 'Mechs, unless that has been snuck in.

I just reread your post. So those figures are the match total before your bonuses, taken from the breakdown screen post match?

Yes those are the numbers at end of match pre-bonus. Add 300k and 120LP to the 2nd match and 200k and 90LP to the first.

I am doing much better with my dream team but since I went loyalist I have not had a match over 500k or 1000LP since....no matter how well I do... That's why I was wondering if something changes when going to loyal...I thought I would make more...not less. Going to run my old setup and see what happens.

#10 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 09 March 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Honestly, this likely accounts for most of the difference. Your Raven gets "Protected Light" bonuses every time it's near a friendly that is both in a larger weight class and is "engaged" (so either taking fire from or firing on the enemy). The Blackjack gets "Protected Medium" bonuses, which work the same way. These bonuses are worth 500 CB apiece and can keep racking up during the course of a prolonged engagement.

And given the speed of both of those, I'm guessing you got some scouting bonuses, possibly some spotting assists. If you popped a well-placed UAV in that Raven, you'll get scouting, UAV counter-ecm, and if anybody brought LRMs to CW, you'll get UAV damage bonuses too.

You're probably also getting "hit and run" boosts in those lighter 'mechs, which are much easier to get in fast-moving mechs than a KGC or even a TDR.

I've noticed the payout difference myself in QuickPlay. If I want to grind Cbills, I'll usually jump in a Jenner--usually make 80-100K more than in an assault or heavy just off these.

#11 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:01 AM

Hmm...yea that could explain a lot of it...now that I am running 4 thunderbolts. I need to go back to shooting legs again anyways.

#12 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

Used 2 mechs - I bet that far more of that 1500 damage was playing peek-a-boo stripping off armor, where the 1100 damage was destroying components.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users