15 Pp Fld Clam Erppc A Possibility With Ghost Heat Mk.2, Russ Via Twitter

99 replies to this topic

#81 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:28 PM

View PostPjwned, on 10 March 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

If clans get 15 PPFLD ER PPCs then IS gauss (not Clan gauss in this case) should have its cooldown reverted back to 4 seconds.

Lol, why? It will still be a 15 dmg 1 heat weapon. The CERPPC is still 15 heat. Then, if they are actually considering even putting the CERPPC at 15, that must mean this new system is going to be VERY limiting, so, somehow, in the end, I dont think its going to be as amazing as it sounds.

#82 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:40 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 10 March 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

Lol, why? It will still be a 15 dmg 1 heat weapon. The CERPPC is still 15 heat. Then, if they are actually considering even putting the CERPPC at 15, that must mean this new system is going to be VERY limiting, so, somehow, in the end, I dont think its going to be as amazing as it sounds.

Unless C-ER PPC is drastically more limited by the new system than ER PPC is (which is a pretty bad way of balancing it...) then it destroys the premise of clan weapons not being outright superior in every way and that's important to maintain for this game.

(Not that C-ER PPC isn't already outright superior in every way, but that should be fixed by buffing ER PPC velocity and then buffing C-ER PPC velocity as well except to a reasonably lesser extent.)

Edited by Pjwned, 10 March 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#83 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:07 PM

A Warhawk with a TC Mk. V gets a 45% bonus (+quirks) to ERPPC projectile speed. If all of this becomes a reality, then the Warhawk may finally become what it's supposed to be.... one of the Clan's best ERPPC Mech.

Edited by Hit the Deck, 10 March 2016 - 09:07 PM.

#84 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,644 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:12 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 10 March 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

one of the Clan's best ERPPC Mech.

I wouldn't go that far, the Warhawk was always better with other loadouts than the ERPPC one (when counting BV). The Marauder IIC was actually pretty nice for PPCs. Then further down the timeline you have the Hellstar.

#85 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:18 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 10 March 2016 - 09:12 PM, said:

I wouldn't go that far, the Warhawk was always better with other loadouts than the ERPPC one (when counting BV). The Marauder IIC was actually pretty nice for PPCs. Then further down the timeline you have the Hellstar.

Yeah, I know about those two Mechs but we haven't got them yet. I mean the Warhawk doesn't have "superfluous" Jump Jets or MASC so it can dedicate its empty pod space to DHS. What could go wrong? It's also always depicted with ERPPCs in all of the games.

#86 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,644 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:29 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 10 March 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

It's also always depicted with ERPPCs in all of the games.

Similar problem could be said with the Nova, doesn't really mean it was good with it, just sayin. Just like the Adder which has 2 ERPPCs that it can't adequately cool at all (though the Cougar with 2 ERPPCs can).

#87 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:32 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 10 March 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

Similar problem could be said with the Nova, doesn't really mean it was good with it, just sayin. Just like the Adder which has 2 ERPPCs that it can't adequately cool at all (though the Cougar with 2 ERPPCs can).

I mean I'd love it if the depiction becomes a reality. With this new "power draw" alpha limiting system combined with 15 PPFLD cERPPC, the future is bright for the Prime WHK!

#88 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:02 PM

Easy mode confirmed.

#89 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:14 PM

View PostSpr1ggan, on 10 March 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

You're pretty fortunate then. I've had PPC/ERPPC shots go through Dires and Atlases while doing no damage before.

I just had 50 shots (no joke) of UAC 5 go through a nova at point blank. Inner Sphere UAC 5. Good thing the nova only had machine guns left...

I wish I had it on video so the unbelievers would stop the nonsense.

#90 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:19 PM

Wishful thinking mode: though it would take forever and a half, create a power supply stat for each individual mech based in the stock build, based mostly around the engine. Ballistics take the least drain(except gauss, which would be highest drain items imo, if not then up there with erppc/lpl for drain), missiles being medium (lrms lowest, srm medium low, ssrm more then equivalent srm but not by a huge amount), energy obviously the most (s,m,l/ppc, with pulse/er taking the highest drain in this category). The stock build for each mech should be able to, in any situation be able to handle the full stock setup alpha once every 10 seconds. Adjustments with quirks as needed. Once the power supply system stat is set for each stock mech, adjust based on stock engine (movement rate, not size, a 64kph medium would have the same as a 64kph assault) and quirk up and down power supply as needed. Either
1) Keep it static (which would make certain mechs considered doa/useless due to low power supply but still perfectly fine if you volley fire instead of lol alphawarrior with say a 2lpl+3ml on a mech designed for 1ac10 and LL, forcing alpha actions to stay closer to stock) or
2) Make power supply stats scale with engine power(similar to movement speed based off engine rating/mech tonnage.
Also, working heat scale instead of riding the red line all day. Would go a long way to removing the power supply antics or ghost anything.

Freaking smilies, gettin all up in my list

Edited by Frosty Brand, 10 March 2016 - 11:22 PM.

#91 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:21 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 10 March 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

A Warhawk with a TC Mk. V gets a 45% bonus (+quirks) to ERPPC projectile speed. If all of this becomes a reality, then the Warhawk may finally become what it's supposed to be.... one of the Clan's best ERPPC Mech.

I would love that. I would love the 4x CERPPC Warhawk to be a true monster that feels punchy when its used...when I blast a Light in the fact with a chain fired 4 CERPPC and the thing actually changes color, and hte velocity actually feels good, rather then like im firing a mortar.

#92 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 10 March 2016 - 10:14 PM, said:

I just had 50 shots (no joke) of UAC 5 go through a nova at point blank. Inner Sphere UAC 5. Good thing the nova only had machine guns left...

I wish I had it on video so the unbelievers would stop the nonsense.

I believe you.

#93 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:17 AM

View PostFrosty Brand, on 10 March 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

Wishful thinking mode: though it would take forever and a half, create a power supply stat for each individual mech based in the stock build, based mostly around the engine. Ballistics take the least drain(except gauss, which would be highest drain items imo, if not then up there with erppc/lpl for drain), missiles being medium (lrms lowest, srm medium low, ssrm more then equivalent srm but not by a huge amount), energy obviously the most (s,m,l/ppc, with pulse/er taking the highest drain in this category). The stock build for each mech should be able to, in any situation be able to handle the full stock setup alpha once every 10 seconds. Adjustments with quirks as needed. Once the power supply system stat is set for each stock mech, adjust based on stock engine (movement rate, not size, a 64kph medium would have the same as a 64kph assault) and quirk up and down power supply as needed. Either
1) Keep it static (which would make certain mechs considered doa/useless due to low power supply but still perfectly fine if you volley fire instead of lol alphawarrior with say a 2lpl+3ml on a mech designed for 1ac10 and LL, forcing alpha actions to stay closer to stock) or
2) Make power supply stats scale with engine power(similar to movement speed based off engine rating/mech tonnage.
Also, working heat scale instead of riding the red line all day. Would go a long way to removing the power supply antics or ghost anything.

Freaking smilies, gettin all up in my list

PGI is already going to do something like this. We've also already dubbed it Ghost Power.

#94 brroleg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 245 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:30 AM

View Postcazidin, on 11 March 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

PGI is already going to do something like this.

I doubt. This http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5071253 sounds awesome. And all awesome things is bad for businesses, they not moneymaking (otherwise all highest profit games on market would be awesome, which is not (look how disgusting is todays Call of Duty games))

Edited by brroleg, 11 March 2016 - 08:38 AM.

#95 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:34 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 09 March 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

I read this as "We have no idea how to achieve balance and never will so stay tuned for some sweeping changes. Oh ya buy more mechs"

LOL!!!!!!

Posted Image

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 10 March 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

Because the cougar is an 86 kph 35 ton mech with an even smaller engine than the adder...

#96 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,644 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

View PostGyrok, on 11 March 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

Because the cougar is an 86 kph 35 ton mech with an even smaller engine than the adder...

In this game the disparity wouldn't actually be near as bad, I'm just saying, just because it has them stock and is the most noteworthy variant, doesn't mean it ran them well. After all, we all know how well the 12 ERML Nova worked out.

#97 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 11 March 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

In this game the disparity wouldn't actually be near as bad, I'm just saying, just because it has them stock and is the most noteworthy variant, doesn't mean it ran them well. After all, we all know how well the 12 ERML Nova worked out.

Just one shot.

#98 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 11 March 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

True...but I think most of that stems from:

A.) Higher than TT heat values for most of the smaller lasers

B.) Additional DHS are not "truedubs"

Those 2 factors combine to mean that making a heat neutral mech is a lot more difficult now...

#99 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,644 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostGyrok, on 11 March 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

True...but I think most of that stems from:

PGI wanted to make heat management an actual mechanic rather than something that was to be avoided

FTFY, because that is the reason many heat neutral mechs are no longer so. It just had the unintended consequence of making already hot loadouts even hotter (like the PPC Adder/Warhawk and 12 ERML Nova).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 11 March 2016 - 09:48 AM.

#100 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:49 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 11 March 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

FTFY, because that is the reason many heat neutral mechs are no longer so.

Well, the driving logic behind it is what it is...but the mechanics in game that screw over heat neutral mechs are still the same 2 I posted.

Reality is though, yes, PGI wanted everything to run hot...and yet...it is confusing because it is inconsistent in many ways...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users