Player Leagues Competitive Round Up! March 29Th

14 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• 2,787 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

Player League Competitive Update!

Welcome to week four of MRBC! This week we'll be taking a look at the standings to date and breaking down just which teams will be taking home the prizes this season (or at least who MRBC think will take home the prizes). That's right, in case laughing at their week-to-week predictions wasn't enough for you, they doubled down with end-of-season predictions at the (barely) halfway point. In the team spotlight you can familiarize yourself with a team that you may not have (but definitely should have) heard of, and you'll also get the chance to be amazed at their miraculous prediction abilities, regaining some sense of pride after last week's horrific picks. To top it all off they'll give you a little scoop on MRBC's unofficial stance on shoutcasting matches. In case you're curious, you can find all their old reviews here.

Upcoming:
MRBC-NA S7W4 Div E1 New Texas Mercenaries vs The Monitors
Saturday 4/2 9:30pm EDT (1:30am UTC)
Casted by BanditB17

Previously:
MRBC-NA S7W3 Div B MarineMechs vs Night's Scorn Shoutcast
Casted by Poopenshire, AvatarofWhat and Paradox42 on Friday 3/25

MRBC-NA S7W3 Div B -42- Smoke Jays vs SiG Shoutcast
Casted by Poopenshire, Paradox42 and BradleyUSM on Sunday 3/27

The MercStar Invitational Charity Series have started!

Upcoming:
MercStar Charity Invitational GRAND FINALE EmpyreaL vs Steel JaguaR
Thursday 3/31 Pregame roundtable at 9:00pm EDT (1:00am UTC)
Casters will be BanditB17 and mdmzero0
They will be giving away a bunch of MC packs to viewers!

MercStar Invitational Charity 1v1 Brawlapalooza with Antonious Rex on April 2nd at 12pm to 12am EDT!
This is a fund raising charity event for Multiple Sclerosis, the Charity Donation page can be found here: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/DoItYourselfFundraising/WASDIYEvents?team_id=465396&pg=team&fr_id=27778
See here for more details: http://mwomercs.com/...-brawlapalooza/

The Blood Bowl 2 Tournament, another
MercStar Charity event!
It is held on Sunday the 3rd of April at 2pm EST!

Previously:
MercStar Charity Invitational Semi Finals Steel JaguaR vs Seraphim Rising Storm
Casted by BanditB17 and mdmzero0 on Tuesday 3/22

MercStar Charity Invitational Semi Finals EmpyreaL vs 228th IBR
Casted by TheMagician and VVonka on Thursday 3/24

The Bohemian Bash is a 2v2 Tournament reminder that the next one is going off on Friday the 1st and is open to players of all skill levels!

2v2 Pappa Cup, is a similar event but with different rules!

The Battletech Warfare Online League reminded that it is starting into its 3rd season on April 4th!

Solaris Challenge (German Community Event) powered by BWO!

Wenesday Night Warfare!
If you want to join good leaded battles- Join the DAVION WNW on the DAVION TS: ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345
Post can be found here: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/187540-wednesday-night-warfare/page__view__findpost__p__5107420

Got an Event you'd like to announce? Email your details to: community@mwomercs.com

#2 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

I am now on heavy antibiotics and should be good by Thursday! Missed you guys!

Edited by BanditB17, 29 March 2016 - 10:57 AM.

#3 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostBanditB17, on 29 March 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

Bandit, while we caught you guys last week, good luck for this week and thanks for all the hardwork you put in for shout casting so many of the matches. We are looking forward to meeting up with 228th this week. Good luck to all.

#4 Kageru Ikazuchi

• 1,190 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:11 PM

For those new to MRBC news, please remember that MRBC is global, with top-notch competitive play in Asian-Pacific, European, and North American regions each week.

#5 EGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for posting these, makes it a bit easier to keep up.

#6 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:23 PM

I really hope a lot of work is being put into the view mode with a high priority. If the streams look this bad by the time the real tournaments get here we're not going to see a single new viewer. You can't even read the names of half the players, and the scrolled out third person views are so boring it makes me contemplate uninstalling. Now if a legendary founder is contemplating uninstalling for such bad streams, imagine what people who happen upon the game for the first time will think.

#7 EGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:01 AM

They've partially copied the CS:GO shoutcasting layout: https://i.ytimg.com/...xresdefault.jpg

However, often I cannot read the text on red team until they've died and turned grey... Blue is better, a bit small, but is actually readable.

#8 Craxicus

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

Why not show all the MRBC games from the week? not just the NA bracket.

#9 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:07 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 29 March 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

For those new to MRBC news, please remember that MRBC is global, with top-notch competitive play in Asian-Pacific, European, and North American regions each week.

View PostCraxicus, on 30 March 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

Why not show all the MRBC games from the week? not just the NA bracket.

Can echo this sentiment.. ..just like how we never get AEST times for forum announcements, some love for Oceanic pls PGI.

#10 BanditB17

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:21 AM

Need more casters to step up their game in EU and AP and submit their casts to community@mwomercs.com

I can't hold everyone's hands :/

#11 BanditB17

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

View Postdemoyn, on 29 March 2016 - 11:23 PM, said:

Now if a legendary founder is contemplating uninstalling for such bad streams, imagine what people who happen upon the game for the first time will think.

To be fair, legendary founders have been threatening to uninstall for 3 years now, but yes I hope they are putting a lot of time and effort into the new spec mode. The dolly cam was a good first step.

#12 aaykeem

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:42 AM

Watching these brawls from a bird's eye view and seeing how the formations change and flow across the battlefield is fascinating.

#13 Crockdaddy

• 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:49 AM

View Postdemoyn, on 29 March 2016 - 11:23 PM, said:

I really hope a lot of work is being put into the view mode with a high priority. If the streams look this bad by the time the real tournaments get here we're not going to see a single new viewer. You can't even read the names of half the players, and the scrolled out third person views are so boring it makes me contemplate uninstalling. Now if a legendary founder is contemplating uninstalling for such bad streams, imagine what people who happen upon the game for the first time will think.

*humph* ... I've never seen a legendary founder ever whine or make an entitled post in the forums before. Nor an overreacting post. This is very unusual.

I agree with some of the criticism hear (minus the legendary founder threats to leave). Seeing the names while spectating is rough. I regularly spectate scrims and practice and it is a bit difficult to get a full flow of a match. I've never really watched CS matches and maybe I should after reading your comments just so I can have a decent comparison.

#14 Volts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:02 AM

View PostBanditB17, on 29 March 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

Night's Scorn gave Bandit HPV?

#15 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:05 AM

I will uninstall if someone does not make me a sandwich. I swear I will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users