Velocity Modules / Beamduration Modules?

28 replies to this topic

#21 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:14 PM

Know what I would like to see?

No weapon modules at all, or modules that have actual drawbacks so that they're not 100% power creep.

#22 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:49 PM

How about one to reduce uAC5 jam chance? I'd buy those like a flat of wasabi peas. My uACs jam like nobody's business!

#23 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:23 PM

Know what I would like to see?

No weapon modules at all, or modules that have actual drawbacks so that they're not 100% power creep.

You mean like the original weapon modules that caused the entire community to poop the bed?

#24 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

I'm not kidding around here. Making a list of names.

The existing game modules are already a huge cbill/XP sink for nothing but a stat bonus. It's like cutting content and then selling it to you as DLC. We have too many modules already. If you scruffy nerf herders get PGI to add another 30 million + to the cost a new player has to pay just to be competitive then you deserve innumerable bad things to happen to you.

I hope your pets get irritable bowel and commit atrocities on your carpets on par with what you're trying to do to MW:O with more modules.

Stop it. Go home General Discussion, you're drunk.

#25 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 10 March 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

You mean like the original weapon modules that caused the entire community to poop the bed?

Exactly. We'll call it Brown Pants Day. I'll wear my khaki's.

#26 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 10 March 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

The idea is similar of course, but not executing it like dogshit by making the modules not completely worthless would be good.

The original weapon modules had such a laughably small effect that they were not even worth considering, so of course PGI didn't realize what the problem actually was and then proceeded to massively overemphasize weapon modules by giving them very large boosts to cooldown & range wihout any drawbacks, and of course making players grind their *** off more to buy overpriced everything is always good.

#27 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:29 PM

Modules as they currently exist are cancer. I do not want any more free buffs. If you want modules to impact one stat dramatically, there needs to be a hit to other stats.

#28 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:46 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 March 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

I want to be very clear about this.

If you get PGI to make several new lines of multimillion cbill modules I need to get to stay competitive I'm going to hire NKVA to do all your children's birthday parties.

Until they are 45.

But if PGI added new modules without adding new module slots, your cost per mech would remain the same, but now with actual choices to make..

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 11 March 2016 - 02:47 AM.

#29 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:58 AM

Additional modules might require a completely new quirk overhaul. As an example, just imagine the LCT-1V with even shorter beam duration,...

I'm guessing new modules, if at some point, will probably be related to the "information warfare" TM that PGI is so eager on ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users