Black Screen Bug

2 replies to this topic

#1 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:33 AM

I never started a topic and I don't discuss often in the MWO-Forum. But I play a lot.

I think everybody knows the bug. Your waiting time for your FactionPlay/CW drop will be long, or sometimes for your QuickPlay, so you tab out of the game, to read some interesting articles in the internet, or watch some funny pictures, with cats and mechs. But then your game starts your MWO-icon is flashing and you want to tab back into the game, but then you end up in a black screen, you can hear the sounds of the game but can see only black.

I think I read somewhere, that this only happens in fullscreen mode, but I refuse to use Windowed Mode. I should be able to use every Window-Mode PGI offers whithout any restrictions. And if there are any known bugs, they should fix it in some weeks or months.
But this bug exists since years. And now is the point I can't tolerate it anymore.

So here is my question.

When will you fix it?

#2 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:28 AM

Full window mode is the answer. I had the same issue until I did that. The game looks the same, and while you're browsing you can see what is going on with voting, chat, countdown timer, whatever.

Let go of full-screen. I was told that Windows handles the memory differently for full screen vs. full window.

#3 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:40 AM

I changed the HPET settings on my PC and that basically sorted that out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users