34 replies to this topic

#21 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:40 AM

I just crept into tier 2 last night myself. Pretty tempted to go level my locusts fully and those new spiders I've not even taken out of the garage yet.

#22 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:43 AM

View PostCow And Chicken, on 10 March 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

So T2 and T1 are really bad?

T2 is better than T3 and T1 is better than T2.

You want to move higher.

Don't be a slacker! Slackers get stuck with the rest of the slackers and that's how you get bad games!

View PostVarvar86, on 10 March 2016 - 05:40 AM, said:

t2 and t1 not too bad, they are just BORING, because of majority pilots using most DPS/quirks based available builds in the game. Tier 2 is 70% of those, tier 1 is 99% of those.

Not true.

#23 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostVarvar86, on 10 March 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

Maybe that will be a surprise for you but there are enough players who buys mechs and build them not paying attention to their quirks and those players are managed to get to tier 3, because this is average player level that requires you to deal at least 300/350 damage per match and don’t die first 5 minutes and you got it pretty fast. And ... attention shock content... not all players play CW where they find out what meta is VERY fast.

I know that being a 1-st tier pilot, your eyes goanna bleed, but … prepare yourself for it…I see AC20 JM6-dd, missile bots STK -4N, AC10 DRG-5N, all ML BJ-3 and all like that pretty often. And people are doing fine. So YES there quirks exploiting skill is also present in this game, some get it from the start, some will realize it as soon as they get beaten till death by correctly build mechs, and some will never get it. Maybe I'm using incorrect word for this, well lets call it -"plyers ability to understand quirks and use them in their mech builds".

Tbh, my comment was about quirk system in general.
I'm good if quirks are used for making "bad mechs" better or for giving flavors to mechs.
BUT, sadly, pgi used quirks in a very bad way trying to balance IS -clan, and giving crazy quirks to some mechs. Which causes the phenomenon you described above.
(instead it would be far better a rebalance in weapon system.)
It's entirely true that some tryhard-boring mechwarriors pilot exclusively meta uberquirked mechs.

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 10 March 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#24 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:16 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 10 March 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

Play 3xAMS+ECM Kit Fox. You will be a great asset to the team once Archers come out in a week, and you don't even have to see the enemy in the entirety of the match! Posted Image

My dream: doing a fresh account tier 5, buying the archer package, dropping in solo que Posted Image

#25 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

How people are duped into thinking the tier system has anything to do with skill is sad. You don't even need to be told it is an XP bar once you see the trend of your scores, whether you won or lost and how the arrows or equal sign turns out.

#26 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

Essentially, if you are a casual player, you only have to worry about two things:

A. Are there consistently competitive people like MS/SROT, etc. On the other side?

B. Did I just see Jujushinobi

In both cases, your casual playing days are probably not going to keep being casual.

#27 habu86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:34 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 10 March 2016 - 08:16 AM, said:

My dream: doing a fresh account tier 5, buying the archer package, dropping in solo que Posted Image

There is a special circle of hell reserved for people who do that, Stefka.

#28 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:42 AM

Other than when I get the occasional large group of top tier players (and I mean real top tier players and units) it's not any different than any other tier for the most part. Once I got to 4 and up the only real difference I see is less solo derping and more coordination in general.

Less players QQing about being "ordered" around, more players willing to let someone drop call if they want, etc.

The builds aren't much different because a lot of new players immediately look to places like meta mechs so they can take the "best" build.

#29 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 10 March 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

How people are duped into thinking the tier system has anything to do with skill is sad. You don't even need to be told it is an XP bar once you see the trend of your scores, whether you won or lost and how the arrows or equal sign turns out.

I guess people really like to tell themselves the opposite is the case. The average skill level in MWO just is so terribly, terribly low. Tbh, i have never played a single online game with a lower average skill level. I'm pretty sure above average MWO players wouldn't be able to make it out of silver ranks in CS:GO.

A huge chunk of MWOs playersbase is just... terrible at playing videogames. I guess it's tempting to keep telling yourself you "got to the top" because of your skill when you secretly realize you are simply not very good at all.

#30 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 10 March 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

Play 3xAMS+ECM Kit Fox. You will be a great asset to the team once Archers come out in a week, and you don't even have to see the enemy in the entirety of the match! Posted Image

This my plan for the Archer release.

Kitfox with ECM and AMS (probably 2 as I hear there's a 3 AMS bug?), an AMS module and a couple of lasers.

Then Im going to roll around amongst the Heavies and Fatties like a CiWS potato, occasionally firing my lasers at targets of opportunity.

Edited by Soultraxx, 10 March 2016 - 09:09 AM.

#31 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostSoultraxx, on 10 March 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

Kitfox with ECM and AMS (probably 2 as I hear there's a 3 AMS bug?), an AMS module and a couple of lasers.

3 AMS bug? Can you tell me the specifics?

#32 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:01 PM

I saw no difference between T3 and T2. And it seems like there's only a small difference between T2 and T1.

So... I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep playing and having fun!

#33 Whipley

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:13 PM

View PostCow And Chicken, on 10 March 2016 - 03:31 AM, said:

Heya Warriors.

I have a serious issue! lol.

I am almost into tier 2 and I am Chickening out. I don't think that I am a tier 2
Chicken. I am just a "Casual" one!

I don't want to change how I play, but is there a way for me to stay in tier 3
without playing badly?
(which I do on occation but it's not intended and I will not force it...)

Regards,
Chicken.

P.S Can't wait for my Kodiak Cow!

I'm just about T2 as well. I've been playing those 'mechs that I really suck at in order to slow or reverse the bar. This way, I'll get more hours under my belt and with it, hopefully, more skills. I figure running hard mode mechs (for me) will make the ones I truly love that much better. That's logical, right? =P

Also, I have dropped with T1 and T2 people and it hasn't felt that much more harrowing than T3. At the end of the day, you've got more experienced pilots on BOTH teams. Just sit back and support them; they know what the hell they are doing (hopefully).

#34 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:11 PM

I don't worry much about the tier of the opponents I'm facing, I worry about names. If I see Pariah Devalis or YokiLin on the opposite team, I know I'm in for a thrashing Posted Image

#35 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:13 PM

Stop worrying and just have fun. Tier doesn't matter. Hell Tier 2 just means no more completely new people to play with. That's it. That's all it means.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users