Robot Ninjutsu: Kidney Punch Technique

8 replies to this topic

#1 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:11 AM

I would like to introduce you all to one of Mercstar's most popular and longest running tactics: The Sulferous Rift Kidney Punch.

https://www.twitch.t...r325/v/53577788

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:20 AM

Trust me, Marik learned that one back when you guys were doing it with near all cheetahs. First couple of times it caught us with our pants down. Then we realized, "They're in lights, we're in assaults, plant your feet and turn around" and watched the wave melt as we only lose 1-2 mechs :P

#3 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:39 PM

Man how will i ever be able to recreate this technique without years of Mercstar Fu?

Posted Image

#4 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostRevis Volek, on 10 March 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

Man how will i ever be able to recreate this technique without years of Mercstar Fu?

Posted Image

It's ok you'll get there eventually, just make sure you take the time to meditate under waterfalls to enhance your focus when performing this dangerous maneuver.

#5 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:16 AM

View PostRevis Volek, on 10 March 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

You must seek train from the Ancient Masters of Comstar.

#6 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:36 AM

Find it funny that they were talking about the Rotary AC's which come in at 3062, yet we are tech limited to 3053. Also IS doesn't have access to the rest of the Ultra class Autocannons nor the rest of the LB class cannons as well.

#7 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:51 AM

The heyday of the kidney punch was before the map revisions that moved the defensive spawn farther back on the map. Back then, alpha gate was the undisputed best attack lane and you could just about guarantee that you'd catch them when you came over the pass. Also, with the closer starting point, you would mostly catch a team just as it was walking by the pass as opposed to catching that last, really slow mauler.

Also, only really works when playing clan on counterattack defense. IS moves too slow to get to the pass in time (yes, we tried). Oh, and no DWF's or other slow assaults allowed.

So, there is a little Fu that goes with it, but its utility has really diminished since most attacks these days go gamma.

View PostSandpit, on 10 March 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

Trust me, Marik learned that one back when you guys were doing it with near all cheetahs. First couple of times it caught us with our pants down. Then we realized, "They're in lights, we're in assaults, plant your feet and turn around" and watched the wave melt as we only lose 1-2 mechs Posted Image

We technically called that one the "light brawl" and its use wasn't limited to sulphurous.

And imma let you finish, but I can't remember ever running it where we didn't get at least 6 mechs and win the tonnage trade before going down. I'm sure a screenshot will materialize shortly that will make me eat my words. Posted Image

Edited by Khereg, 11 March 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#8 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:17 PM

I had to rewatch the Mauler getting donkey punched twice because I was laughing so hard.

Poor guy must have had stock armor because he didn't lose anything despite taking three alphas to the back of the head.

#9 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:25 PM

Good sound battle tactics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users