Mech Build Sites- Such As Smurfy

12 replies to this topic

#1 Jenovah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:13 AM

Is smurfy's the only one? I mean, its the only one I have ever bothered to find. If so, anyone have an idea when it will be updated with the archer? I know right now the quirk's are apparently in the air but slots, max engine, etc is already out, and I'd love to start tinkering with it.

I don't know what all info the creator needs, but I'd be willing to donate to them again to get mech packs put on as soon as the data is released.

Just a general thought I had this morning. Not in the mood to shoot at people, just want to tinker with builds.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

For Android devices, there's AweMech.

There is also Li Song mechlab, which is a Java app that is far more advanced than smurfy's and will show you much more involved data included calculated stuff from quirks. It's a bit more fiddly to use though.

There where a couple other web based mech labs too, but I don't know their current status. Oosiks mechlab was one.

#3 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:23 AM

There's Li Song Mechlab, which is a program that runs from your computer and pulls data directly from the game files. It also displays far more info than Smurfy does, such as time to overheat, time to cooldown, damage and time to empty all your ammo for a given weapon, etc. It even allows you to pull builds from Smurfy.

http://emilybjoerk.github.io/lsml/

Then if you want something that lets you make builds for unintroduced mechs and technology there's Skunkworks, which is a Table Top mech builder. There's limits to it though, like only allowing certain engine sizes for a given mech weight, so you won't get the precise engine you might want, although you can just do the math and gauge the extra weight you'll need.

http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/

Edited by Gentleman Reaper, 13 March 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#4 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostJenovah, on 13 March 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

Is smurfy's the only one? I mean, its the only one I have ever bothered to find. If so, anyone have an idea when it will be updated with the archer? I know right now the quirk's are apparently in the air but slots, max engine, etc is already out, and I'd love to start tinkering with it.

I don't know what all info the creator needs, but I'd be willing to donate to them again to get mech packs put on as soon as the data is released.

Just a general thought I had this morning. Not in the mood to shoot at people, just want to tinker with builds.

I believe the guy that runs Smurfy doesn't update it with new stuff till they are out in game. As we've seen with the quirks getting redone on the Archer right before it is out, the mech isn't finalized till it hits the game servers.

#5 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:10 AM

I think smurfy pulls its information from the game files themselves. At any rate, the archer will probably be up shortly after the patch goes live.

Edited by Rouken Vordermark, 13 March 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#6 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

I fav is Li Song, because quirks are considered in mechs data, so you can have the esact dps, time to overheat, etc.

#7 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 13 March 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

I fav is Li Song, because quirks are considered in mechs data, so you can have the esact dps, time to overheat, etc.

You get time to overheat and all that in smurfies, but it doesn't include quirk data, so depending on the situation can be incorrect.

Li Song is by far the best, but it's less newbie friendly and depending on your machine/java version installed can be sketchy (I tend to have UI corruption issues with it, no matter what I do).

#8 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:06 PM

I just wish Smurfy let us theorycraft by picking any tonnage, any number of hardpoints in any component, any engine cap, etc.

It sucks that I have to use the Blackjack and Vindicator to look for potential builds for the Phoenix Hawk, for example.

#9 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:20 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 13 March 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

I just wish Smurfy let us theorycraft by picking any tonnage, any number of hardpoints in any component, any engine cap, etc.

It sucks that I have to use the Blackjack and Vindicator to look for potential builds for the Phoenix Hawk, for example.

yea... I had to calculate engine tons and add/remove it by myself when theoricrafting my Phoenix, while using the BJ chassis.....

#10 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:31 PM

Yeah I really wish one of the MWO build programs/sites let you build future mechs. Or add something like Solaris Skunk Werks has and just theorycraft by setting all the limits of the mech yourself. Its annoying having to do maths on my own Posted Image

Or you know...Maybe if we could just get this built into this site with a import to game feature.....

Edited by dario03, 13 March 2016 - 01:35 PM.

#11 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:03 PM

Skunkworks for Windows Phone is an amazing mech building App...

#12 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:38 PM

Li-Song doesn't run on my system for some reason. ='[

#13 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

View PostCoolant, on 13 March 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

Skunkworks for Windows Phone is an amazing mech building App...

Mechwerks is the only Windows Phone app I found. It's pretty decent, actually, but not always correct. For instance, it thinks the MAD-5D can't mount jump-jets and has an extra E hard-point in the right torso.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users