Archer Quirks: Underwhelming To Outright Puzzling?

283 replies to this topic

#281 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 12 March 2016 - 06:05 AM, said:

I don't agree with this.
A dev team should have its own design, its own ideas and planning.
Listening to community is good, but its own project comes first.

Go to see hbs forum. There is a forum section in which you can post your suggestion, ask dev for stuff, and Mitch answers there.
No twitter.
And it is very clear they have their own plan/design, 'cause they listen, and also answer "NOPE" if something doesn't go with thier plan.
https://community.ba...s/categories/25

Also, I couldn't find any trolling on forum, or ppl going nuts.

One dev team knows what they want to do and how to do it, the other doesn't.
(Which is the main reason I decided not to be a founder, back in the days.... meanwhile, I'm a first day minute backer with BT-hbs)

edit: "The players are their own worst enemy." it all depends on pgi.

View PostNavid A1, on 12 March 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

Well, there are some differences between PGI and HBS

PGI acquired the IP and began developing a genre they had ZERO experience with (I even think that they bought the pre-written code from someone else). They tried to learn and experienced at the cost of player frustrations.
Players started to give feedback on the forums and the devs often responded to those feedbacks.

The problem was that they had set the end goal on an un-realistically high level. They had a great vision for MWO, yet they did not know that they are not capable of making those visions a reality (Zero experience played the part here). As time went by, players were asking about the promised features and stuff while PGI was just trying to learn the ropes.

As a result, forums became salty and toxic and there was a mass dev exodus from the forums.
Lack of experience and not having a distinct goal lead to russ being the only communicating figure. I think he is concerned that some of his employees might say something that will be held against the development cycle.

Regarding HBS, i'd say we should give it time. We should wait until a playable version is made available. its too soon to compare. PGI was once as communicative as HBS, if not more.

and add into it that virtually everything that players complain about, including GH (or a permutation thereof)started as ideas on the forums......

And yeah.

We might not have the game we want, but we probably got the one this community deserved. (Not the current community, but the toxic cesspool that existed at the end of 2012,-early 2014)

#282 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:59 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 March 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

and add into it that virtually everything that players complain about, including GH (or a permutation thereof)started as ideas on the forums......

Which is why a dev team should have thier own idea and follow their plan.

Anyway if they started without basic knowledge about BT/MW as Navid said, after 5 years, pgi should have and must have an idea of what BT and MW is about.
So, I really cannot explain stuff like archer quirks, sent out and then, forum/twitter whine, ops, it was a mistake.....

I don't know what to say, I'm disappoint..... but I know hbs will give us BT.
In one year.

#283 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 12 March 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

Which is why a dev team should have thier own idea and follow their plan.

Anyway if they started without basic knowledge about BT/MW as Navid said, after 5 years, pgi should have and must have an idea of what BT and MW is about.
So, I really cannot explain stuff like archer quirks, sent out and then, forum/twitter whine, ops, it was a mistake.....

I don't know what to say, I'm disappoint..... but I know hbs will give us BT.
In one year.

We can hope.

#284 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

We can hope.

Hey, Bishop, not to go off topic but can you please remind Russ about the Command Console? It was supposed to be buffed in the patch before this one... was then pushed back to this one... and now... nothing.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users