#21 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 01 June 2016 - 02:21 PM, said:

I second this build. Try to play like a giant Medium - you're just barely and Assault, and you're going to get blasted pretty hard if you're the first one they see, so be the second guy they see and bully the enemy's Heavies and Mediums.

Do not take streaks. Streaks are for Assault pilots who don't know how to drive, or who picked too small of an engine.

IS streaks are for nobody. Worthless.

#22 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,962 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:42 PM

Sure, but that's not the thread. I remember when Medium streakboats were the annoying bane of Lights everywhere, though...

#23 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:45 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 01 June 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

Sure, but that's not the thread. I remember when Medium streakboats were the annoying bane of Lights everywhere, though...

Yeah, and Streak-10 was scary... :)

#24 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 01 June 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

[grumpyoldman]
In my day, Catapult A1 Streakboats where called OP. A massive 12 tubes of tracking missiles, dealing a crushing 24 points of damage that almost always hit!
[/grumpyoldman]

lol.

#25 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostRaeSyngKane, on 10 March 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

Hi all, trying to learn how best to build a mech and more importantly, what not to do. I've been using builds from meta mechs website for the most part but I would like to build something on my own for once and am trying to figure out what that entails. With that idea in mind here is a mech I have put together.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ba681497a93303f

I chose the AWS-8T as I am currently trying to elite the awesome line of mechs and I would also like a LPL brawler. I generally prefer a std engine and am okay with the speed.

Things I want to know:
Are streak srms worth anything on this build? (also where should I use them, if at all)
Just how bad is the heat on this thing
What I should know in future.

Thanks for yalls time

you should only have 3 LPL, in my opinion. and some back up weapons

or a lot of backup weapons. preferably.

3LPL is good enough on its own and cooldown is fast enough that u can alpha that pretty quickly.
in my build i add the 3LPL + missiles, large laser and even a medlas on the head. and it's saved me so many times and i also still have something when my arms are gone

#26 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:15 PM

with 4 large pulse you get excessive ghost heat and you could do better by giving you one gun to shoot further too IMO

the difficult part for you would be to manage the weapon groups here. i just dealt with it and manage 6 weapon groups with the keyboard with buttons 1-6

remember that the medlas on the head is a free sure shot every time cause the arms get blocked often by invisible geometry. so normally i shoot with 1 arm and the head laser so i can my mech pop back into cover quickly by twisting left and backpedal.

this is my current build

Posted Image
(you would think the srm2's are useless but they are not. they become main weapons when the arm is gone, and can be used as a low heat shot when lasers would shut you down)
also remember never to go up against either a kodiak or an srms archer with this mech.
if you find something like that maybe press the alpha button if you run out of options
or just use srms and hope u can walk back to a safe dist to use hot lasers on your victim

if you lose a sidetorso with this build you are still golden because you still have a ton of weapons, enough to kill a heavy. all they did was to make you heat efficient.

oh and never use streaks. locks are for suckers. rely on weapons that you know will shoot look on the 2nd video around 1:16 mark that last srm salvo i give the dire wolf let him cored and with tomato red internals. you want to use your srms when the opponent has a big mech. against light mechs shoot 1erll+medlas to their legs like in the 1st video minute 5:57. (pulses tend to go between the legs and they are hard to mantain on target. its better to rely on the non-pulses to shoot fast mechs in the legs) you don't want to use streaks to kill lighter mechs because those dont work vs ecm raven or cheetah or kitfox or cicada or commando etc... many mechs have ecm now. - just shoot em in the legs with the long burn erll+medlas and u can also shoot one of the LPL along with the ERLL so you can use the guidance of the ERLL to deliver the damage of LPL like a guiding shot- ERLL+LPL+MEDLAS shots really legs light mechs quickly if you can trace their movement and spare the heat.
just dont panic, make sure you get your back to the wall and shoot their leg with your lasers

this is one of my best mechs

edit: those videos were old, i noticed i didn't have much footage from 8t. i recorded a match a couple of hours ago with some kodiaks so you can see how the srm2 version does in the current state of affairs

Edited by Mazzyplz, 02 June 2016 - 01:00 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users