Mfb

3 replies to this topic

#1 Spellsinger38

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

I was watching the town hall about the changes to the game types. and during the part about assult games. and something was said about mybe haveing to set a respawn type for that.

what i would like to know is, has MWO ever thought about putting the mobil field bases into the game again. they had them in mw3. the way they worked for thoes of you that did not play back then. the MFB's were an option in the game that could be turned on or off. when on it would place 1 or 2 points on the map that a MFB would be. during the match you could go to them and repair an refill ammo.but lost arms would not be replaced. and while shutdown for said repairs you are very vunarable. and you could make it so that destroied wepons would not be fixed, just armor and amo refill.

well it was just a thought and i did wonder if it had ever been brought up. you could even make it that you have to control the point were they are in order to use it. if this has been thought of and dissmissed then i am sorry for wasting your time. but it could do alot for gameplay

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:49 AM

Nope, in-game real time repairs wouldn't fit this game very well, being a multiplayer-only, mostly non-arcadey style game.

It worked for Mechwarrior 3 and 4 because they were also single player games, and MW4 had arcadey respawn gamplay to go with it anyway.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 11 March 2016 - 10:50 AM.

#3 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:05 AM

Ehhhh no.

Maybe for single player when PVE comes out, but for now no.

#4 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:16 AM

In the coming PvE campaign? Sure, why not.

In the current PvP gamemodes? Let´s not and say we did :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users