Machine Gun Fires Once Per Mouse Click?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Attendant

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

Howdy, I just started playing MWO and when I play in a mech with machine guns, when I fire them I get one shot unless I keep clicking the mouse, which doesn't seem right.

Am I right to assume that if I hold the mouse button, the mg should keep firing? Is there a setting for this or is it perhaps my mouse?

Thanks,

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,737 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

You have to keep the button pressed for continuous firing. Other options is to setup a macro on your mouse, or use Autokey or evilC modified Autokey called Fire Control

http://mwomercs.com/...c-306-16th-jul/

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:47 AM

the Machine Gun should continue firing as long as the mouse button is held down,
I suspect you have it set to chain fire.

to manage weapon groups in game use the arrow keys to select the group, press backspace to set the group to fire all at once or chain fire (fire the weapons 1 at a time, every half second if you hold the mouse down or once per click if you click and release) use right control to add or remove a weapon from the fire group, this can also be set in the Mechlab for an owned Mech.

I recommend setting the Machine Guns to their own group, as MGs generate no heat, so you can keep firing until you run out of ammo without overheating regardless of how hot your Mech is.

Machine Guns do little damage against armor but a group of 3 or more are very effective against internal structure when the armor is removed.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 12 March 2016 - 08:53 AM.

#4 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostAttendant, on 12 March 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

Howdy, I just started playing MWO and when I play in a mech with machine guns, when I fire them I get one shot unless I keep clicking the mouse, which doesn't seem right.

Am I right to assume that if I hold the mouse button, the mg should keep firing? Is there a setting for this or is it perhaps my mouse?

Thanks,

MGs should keep firing whether you have enabled chain fire or not. There is no option for your problem (you may have clicked by accident) in the control settings so that should be a problem on your side.

Edited by Exard3k, 12 March 2016 - 09:25 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users