14 replies to this topic

#1 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

This may not be the most appropriate place for this topic or maybe it is. I feel in general discussion there will be more of a chance. Long story short.

I have never really been a part of a real team in MWO. I have been in a clan before but I didn't have time to commit until recently. I am currently in a "Clan" now which is rather large. 300 plus pilots. But as far as communication goes among the pilots it's just not right for me. Too many Pilots who think they are better than everyone. Now this doesn't mean that I don't listen to orders of commands during battle. I'm talking off of the battlefront. Not going to get into it.

I am looking for a friendly determined team of pilots who love this game and love playing it. Who like to get better and like to discuss tactics, new strategies , communication...etc. Just a fun group. I am no pro but I can hold my own. If anyone has a spot open message me. I usually play every morning and afternoon if I'm not working. I am best in Ebon Jags among others. Let me know. I look forward to meeting some new pilots.
I am in NC. Eastern Time Zone
-Nate J

#2 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

My advice is to hop on comstar, meet random people, and see who you like playing with, then play with their clan a bit and see if you like playing with them.

#3 man du

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts
  • LocationIn my LCT-1V, chewing on your ankles!

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:10 AM

Check out http://praetorian-le....enjin.com/home. We take pilots of all skill levels and elitism is heavily frowned upon. We treat each other and our opponents with honor and respect and don't feed trolls; we let our guns do the talking.

I've been with the Legion now for almost 4 months and I've never met a more fun-loving, but serious 'Mech stomping group of teammates.

Either way, good luck to your in your search for a different gaming community.

#4 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:16 AM

I signed up on the legion website. How do I apply

#5 man du

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts
  • LocationIn my LCT-1V, chewing on your ankles!

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

On the website, click on recruitment, there should be an application and a list of Musts, describing what we're looking for in pilots. Posted Image

#6 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:51 AM

Word of advice... just as it's a not a good idea to bad-mouth your current employer in a job interview, the same applies to any organization you might belong to in life while you're actively trying to find another. It'd be enough to say you simply don't feel your current organization fits you well, and you're looking for one that suits you better. Any grievances you may have against your current organization should be dealt with that organization in private, and off the forums.

It's just good form.

#7 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:44 PM

Scarecrow. Lol. First of all there is no grievances. Lmao...it's funny how people nose into things they know nothing about. Lemme explain real fast for you. Im looking for a more involved clan. Maybe smaller. That's all. I'm actually on good terms with everyone. Lmao

If you were really concerned you would of asked why I wanted to leave. Lol this guy

#8 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostNathaniel Johns, on 12 March 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

I have never really been a part of a real team in MWO. I have been in a clan before but I didn't have time to commit until recently. I am currently in a "Clan" now which is rather large. 300 plus pilots. But as far as communication goes among the pilots it's just not right for me. Too many Pilots who think they are better than everyone. Now this doesn't mean that I don't listen to orders of commands during battle. I'm talking off of the battlefront. Not going to get into it.

These sound like grievances - especially the highlighted section - and you're calling out your current unit-mates in a public forum. If you were truly not looking to get into it, I'd suggest, as I already did, that you not call out your current unit and state simply that you're looking for something that fits you better.

Basic etiquette. I'm just warning you that you're making a bad showing to other potential units, and would be burning bridges with your current one. It's just not very smart to do.

#9 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 12 March 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

Word of advice... just as it's a not a good idea to bad-mouth your current employer in a job interview, the same applies to any organization you might belong to in life while you're actively trying to find another. It'd be enough to say you simply don't feel your current organization fits you well, and you're looking for one that suits you better. Any grievances you may have against your current organization should be dealt with that organization in private, and off the forums.

It's just good form.

AAH, I remember a time, long ago when dinosurats still roamed the Pentagon Worlds, where, regardless of which gameyou were playing, stiill being in a unit /clan /guild while searching for a new one would universally have exactly one specific result: immediate expulsion from the old unit, being automatically declined by the new one, and blacklisting by any unit that caught wind of it.

The point was that if you´re unhappy with your current unit, you should just air your grievances with them in private(if at all), leave the unit, and only then search for a new one. Becasue everythignelse was regarded as "Oh, this player is just trying to get as far as possible as fast as possible with no thought given to those that were essential in helping him get there.".

It was a beautiful demonstration of what happens when the leader of the new unit contacts the leader of the old one, and it reminded people that EVERYONE has internet Posted Image

And it was glorious, it kept the people that constantly needed to be carried and still complained about everyone else being crap publicly at bay, to a degree most people can´t imagine today. It also served as a deterrent to badmounting a unit and later trying to join it, something that astoundingly many people seen to get away with these days... Posted Image

Edited by Zerberus, 12 March 2016 - 03:19 PM.

#10 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

I'd suggest checking out some of the units out there. there are plenty willing to take and help new players. Check the Community Warfare section, they're often units recruiting there. You might even find one in your clan you like!

~Leone.

#11 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

the biggest thing you want is Team Speak3. with that you can then go looking. Most groups have a TS server. Some factions like FRR have a TS hub.

#12 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:38 PM

View PostZerberus, on 12 March 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

AAH, I remember a time, long ago when dinosurats still roamed the Pentagon Worlds, where, regardless of which gameyou were playing, stiill being in a unit /clan /guild while searching for a new one would universally have exactly one specific result: immediate expulsion from the old unit, being automatically declined by the new one, and blacklisting by any unit that caught wind of it.

The point was that if you´re unhappy with your current unit, you should just air your grievances with them in private(if at all), leave the unit, and only then search for a new one. Becasue everythignelse was regarded as "Oh, this player is just trying to get as far as possible as fast as possible with no thought given to those that were essential in helping him get there.".

It was a beautiful demonstration of what happens when the leader of the new unit contacts the leader of the old one, and it reminded people that EVERYONE has internet Posted Image

And it was glorious, it kept the people that constantly needed to be carried and still complained about everyone else being crap publicly at bay, to a degree most people can´t imagine today. It also served as a deterrent to badmounting a unit and later trying to join it, something that astoundingly many people seen to get away with these days... Posted Image

It works this way in real life too. Bad-mouthing your current employer while interviewing with a prospective employer is the fastest way to find yourself unemployed from both. In my industry - it's relatively small, with relatively high turn-over, and quite a high skill bar - employees are likely to work with several of the top 3 companies at some point in their career. Whatever you say in an interview about your current or former employment situations WILL be verified. And trust me, there's no easier way to tank your relationship with your current employer than telling a prospective employer all the nasty things that make you not happy with them. Not only do employers not want to hire whiners, but they also won't want to risk hiring someone that will just bad-mouth THEM the next time a change of employer is due.

#13 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

Yeah I got teamspeak 3. Just looking for a clan that I can be part of. As some people jump to the conclusion I should settle my differences with the clan the thing is there is no differences. It's just a huge clan. People will continue to read this post and just start saying settle it with your clan. There is nothing to settle. It's actually a great clan. I'm just looking for something different. As for o was invited to this clan by someone I didn't know. And have not been in it for long. There is been no arguments with anyone. No bad beef. Nothing. I am simply looking for just a team of people who like to play and have a good time. I will just go ComStar because posting I'm GD was a bad idea. You get all the people who jump to conclusions. This is what I should of said " hey I'm looking for a clan". That's it. Lmao. Ohh the forums never cease to amuse me

It's very simple. Like I cannot explain how simple it is. I like to play MWO. Alot. Having people to strategize with is awesome.

#14 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostNathaniel Johns, on 12 March 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

This is what I should of said " hey I'm looking for a clan". That's it. Lmao.

Yes... that's what you should have done. This is a small game. Many units are very close. Leadership in most units co-mingle on a regular basis. The units that have an "application process" will look into your old unit activity. They'll look harder if they have any reason to think your time with your current unit is less than stellar.

Look, it's not to say you're not amicable with your current unit... but you DID put at least some of them on blast in your OP. They types of units you want to join? The smaller, more active ones? They'll be turned off by that sort of thing.

#15 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:59 PM

I apologize if I came off a little rash. But whenever someone assumes something different than what I am trying to say at the start then it's like "why". But I do apologize. Just looking for some good fun pilots. I'm going to jump in a mech. Thanks for the input guys. I'll check all of it out. There are actually alot of places to apply

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users