40 replies to this topic

#1 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

PGI put out that only 10% of the player base play FW. When PGI puts out things like that it normally means they are going to cut back on production. FW requires more mechs, bonuses from mechs and items are less than in quick play and you have increased wait time to find a match. All of these things means that quick queue requires less investment for more c-bills. Then PGI wonders why no one is playing the game mode.

Increase earnings and people will play the game mode.

#2 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:34 PM

I play it, it is a different game to quick drops. It is not for everyone.

#3 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:52 PM

Well, as Kin3ticX has mentioned in another thread, people don't buy 4-8 Topdogs for the normal queue, they'll be ok with only one. So your 10% in population may not be same 10% in money income.

And yeah, I have times faster cbill income from playing CW than QP, not to mention mechbays and mc stuff.

Edited by vocifer, 16 March 2016 - 02:28 PM.

#4 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

I agree FW produces way more c bills than quicks!

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:42 PM

I make about 1 million cbills every 30 min in FW. Plus MC, GXP, mechbays, cockpit fluff and periodically multi-million cbill awards. Since I always go to the faction TS and get in on a group I almost never drop in a group of window licking idiots and instead regularly play with excellent players and, in turn, learn to get better at the game.

QP is absolute unmitigated **** compared to FW. More pay, better teams, better overall play? Not playing FW is like people who say using a cell phone is too much of a hassle and they don't see the benefit.

LOL. Okay. How do you even respond to that. Get in TS, group up, make the minimum effort to build a viable deck, stick with your team and generally follow directions. If someone can't manage that they don't deserve nice things.

#6 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:59 PM

Well, it's not worth it if you get less than 500 damage every game. Plenty of people who do that. But that is as it should be, you should not give great rewards for severe underperforming.

#7 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

Whilst I agree that earning cbills in CW is easier for some (ie winning 12 mans) if we want to encourage people to queue up to face them (actually answer the call to arms) we need more rewards for that.

I have thought from the outset of CW that there should be some (although smaller) reward just for queuing up, win or lose. LP for a loss is a must IMO and the LP for a win is a joke as well. Getting 75 LP for a ghost drop after waiting for 15+mins is an insult.

Currently we have
Win - 200kCb + 75 LP
Lose - 0 Cb + 0 LP

I think we need at least
Win - 200kCb + 200 LP
Lose - 100kCb + 100 LP

Disco farming could become a thing with these results but just tie it to a minimum match score of say 50 to make sure people do something.

In game rewards for the most part are ok, but I would like to see some reward for damage to objectives and turrets. You get a reward for killing a turret but that's it. If I am spending ammo on turrets or gens I would expect to be paid for that damage the same as if shooting a mech. Currently unless we are explicitly trying to dunk an objective I will only expend ammo on mechs, even though a 4 UAC5 King Crab or Mauler is a really good way of killing these targets quickly.

#8 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:05 PM

they already increased it like ~200k per win

The thing is you have to put out numbers to get the greenbacks

CW pays fairly well but just not for anyone

#9 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:47 PM

Give people a reason to care about what happens in CW and more would play.
  • Successfully help attack a planet that is subsequently conquered and get 5,000 C-Bills each attack phase for 90 days or until planet is lost or you change factions
  • Successfully defend a planet that remain unconquered at the end of attack phase and get 5,000 C-Bills each attack phase for 90 days or until planet is lost or you change factions

or something along those lines. As it stands, even with the Phase 3 proposed changes, why would I care what happens in CW if I can never capture a planet on my own or with my unit?

Increasing payouts just encourages people to drop into CW to try farm C-Bills. There are already enough incentives to just drop to farm i.e. Loyalty Points for Faction Rewards.

There is zero incentive to care what happens in CW other than RP

#10 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

I like having 7 Top Dogs

#11 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

View Postfbj, on 16 March 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

I like having 7 Top Dogs

Posted Image

#12 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:05 PM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 16 March 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

Give people a reason to care about what happens in CW and more would play.
  • Successfully help attack a planet that is subsequently conquered and get 5,000 C-Bills each attack phase for 90 days or until planet is lost or you change factions
  • Successfully defend a planet that remain unconquered at the end of attack phase and get 5,000 C-Bills each attack phase for 90 days or until planet is lost or you change factions
or something along those lines. As it stands, even with the Phase 3 proposed changes, why would I care what happens in CW if I can never capture a planet on my own or with my unit?

Increasing payouts just encourages people to drop into CW to try farm C-Bills. There are already enough incentives to just drop to farm i.e. Loyalty Points for Faction Rewards.

There is zero incentive to care what happens in CW other than RP

I agree with this 100%. There is currently no reason for me to play CW. Give me some benefit or reason to want to join a team and secure a planet. Either c-bills, XP or discounts to Mechs or equipment manufactured on that world. Something. As it stands right now, it is just not worth the hassle.

#13 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:30 PM

View PostRampage, on 16 March 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

I agree with this 100%. There is currently no reason for me to play CW. Give me some benefit or reason to want to join a team and secure a planet. Either c-bills, XP or discounts to Mechs or equipment manufactured on that world. Something. As it stands right now, it is just not worth the hassle.

Finishing up a mechbay tour, got 20 new mechbays for free. Dropped in TS with a lot of excellent teams and significantly improved my skill in the game. Earning about 2 million cbills an hour in CW. Most of my games are played with a team full of good people.

More pay, more rewards, better experience. Not sure what that's missing.

#14 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:30 PM

I think PGI got the rewards backwards. Contract payout should have the same base win or lose, with performance bonuses (being useful in a match) as the additional reward.

Mercs sign a contract to fight in exchange for C-Bills (and LP). If they do well they get the nice bonus from all the damage, kills, etc. If they don't do well the house still needs to pay the contract. The team that wins the 48 - 18 fight will get more C-Bills, but the team that loses can still earn a meaningful amount of C-Bills just from playing. Players that use 320k in consumables but still don't break 500 damage should at least break even.

A lot of the better players already play CW regularly. I think it's mostly everyone else that needs encouragement to play. The ones that tried CW, lost regularly for little reward, then went back to QP. Payout on a loss and PGI's planned CW derp Rambo queue are both ways to encourage those that have been beaten down by a matchmaker-free environment. Increase the contract pay substantially, decreasing performance rewards somewhat to compensate, and paying out the contract whether someone wins or loses would encourage more people to play CW.

I could be wrong about the general ability levels of people that only QP compared to those that mostly play CW, but the premade boogieman and I've been rolled threads coupled with PGI's plan to split CW queues makes me think it's unlikely.

Also, I imagine there's a portion that just don't like the CW modes, so they'll never come unless it resembles QP matches.

Edited by Divine Retribution, 16 March 2016 - 07:35 PM.

#15 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:02 PM

If you are halfway decent (~250 damage per mech, 1 kill accounted for), CW will reward around 500K per match.

Then if you don't dink around in the match - no hiding at the gates, no screwing around at end of match (just finish it up rook) - to keep the matches in the ~15 minute range you will vastly outgain quick play win or lose.

Finish your attacks on the first push and that 200/300k bonus is going to stack up fast - you'll basically end up with a quick play match + double that up (or triple in some of your cases) in less amount of time. -- this right here should make all you pugs out there actually want to learn how to work as a team and go out of your way to learn how to do so.

#16 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

View PostZolaz, on 16 March 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

Increase earnings and people will play the game mode.

CBill earnings have nothing to do with it, from my perspective. I refuse to play Community Warfare simply because PGI is forcing us to join a faction in order to play. There is nothing for the lone wolf, or merc unit that does not wish to join a faction, it's that simple in my case. I'm not speaking for the community as a whole, but that is the simplest of reasons for me personally.

Edited by Dirk Le Daring, 16 March 2016 - 08:05 PM.

#17 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 March 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

Finishing up a mechbay tour, got 20 new mechbays for free. Dropped in TS with a lot of excellent teams and significantly improved my skill in the game. Earning about 2 million cbills an hour in CW. Most of my games are played with a team full of good people.

More pay, more rewards, better experience. Not sure what that's missing.

A reason to go out and fight over dots on a map.

I will admit to being a bit of a BT nerd. I was not always like that. It started when I began studying BT while being involved in the MWLL alpha. Now, I find the "Mechbay tour" to be dezgra. I find Clans using Merc units to fight for them to be the same. I find Clans switching to IS to be the same.

With all that, I need a reason to play CW. I want to see a benefit for me and my team for winning a world, defending a world and holding a world for long periods of time. I want some level of immersion. Without something to entice me and make CW rewarding on a level besides free mechbays, I would just as soon continue to play QP.

By PGI's own admission 90% of the players seem to share that feeling.

Edited by Rampage, 16 March 2016 - 08:19 PM.

#18 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:46 PM

I would say the best option is to have the reward payout be player by player and totally unrelated to the unit tag.

So if got dropped 20 times on a given world and it flipped and 15 of your 20 drops were wins you get (world conquest world reward) * (total wins) + (smaller loss reward value * total lost match drops) = flat reward injection for every consecutive 7 days your faction holds the world.

With a kicker bonus for flipping district capitals.

Also with a reward for defended worlds.

This would reward people for playing, not just belonging to a unit that wins a lot.

#19 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:49 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 March 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

I would say the best option is to have the reward payout be player by player and totally unrelated to the unit tag.

So if got dropped 20 times on a given world and it flipped and 15 of your 20 drops were wins you get (world conquest world reward) * (total wins) + (smaller loss reward value * total lost match drops) = flat reward injection for every consecutive 7 days your faction holds the world.

With a kicker bonus for flipping district capitals.

Also with a reward for defended worlds.

This would reward people for playing, not just belonging to a unit that wins a lot.

See? Now, you are talking and i like what I hear you saying!!

#20 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:54 PM

No disrespect but I think you're missing the point that Rampage and I are trying to get across.

I cannot speak for Rampage but I play CW when I want a change of pace. If I can find a group of people I can drop with, which on Oceanic is pretty hit or miss, I drop with them. Otherwise I just click on the Faction Play button once in a while to see if there is a queue with 1 slot open and drop there.

If neither of those conditions exist, I just go back to Quick Play.

We just have no vested interest in CW or the state of the Inner Sphere map. There is zero reason to queue up on a planet waiting for others to turn up, which may or may not happen.

is it actually possible to get 20 CW drops in one attack phase?

Just FYI but I only managed to get 1 Faction Play game done for Pot of Gold throughout the entire period. Not because I was not looking but waiting in queue to get one Faction Play match when I could just do a couple of Quick Play matches seemed counter-productive event wise.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 16 March 2016 - 09:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users