Team Drop Decks For Unit Queue.

2 replies to this topic

#1 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

We should have Team Drop Decks instead of individual decks.

By this I mean, when I join CW, I am allowed a weight limit, along with everyone else on my team.
I am encouraged to fill out as much weight as possible.

So say I take 3 heavies and a medium... but really, I would be more comfortable in 4 mediums.
I should be allowed to take 4 mediums, and that extra weight would be distributed to my teammates, so they can take more Assaults, for example.

I believe this would lead to more Role-Play.
I personally don't care to pilot an Assault. I have friends in my unit to prefer to pilot Assaults.
I have friends who prefer to pilot Lights.

As a Unit, we should be able to assign Roles for each of us to play, for how we play best, and what mechs we have maxed out with modules and ready to drop.

Why force people to pilot a heavier mech that they aren't comfortable with just to enforce an artificial weight limit? Why force people to downgrade their 3rd or 4th drop when they have teammates who would prefer to be piloting in that weight class?

#2 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:25 AM

One valid reason is because it fits the needs of the drop commander - it is easier for the commander to control the troops when they are outfitted in a similar manner.

Even so, there are certainly situations where having a scout mech is a definite advantage - scouts do have a role to play, as do other mechs as well.

Personally, I also agree that certain players are more effective overall when they are in their preferred mechs - and that forcing players into platforms where they are less skilled may effectively remove the value of their contribution - I myself am a poor light mech pilot - and when we do light rushes as a team, my contribution is basically armor sharing. I just die quickly:) Such are the sacrifices made for the team - like being first on the big push.

That all said, I see nothing wrong with your suggestion, the idea is not an unreasonable one, my only concern would be getting it all implemented correctly in the code - I am fairly certain it is not high on PGI's list of must do items, if it is on their radar at all.

#3 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

I drop in all mediums. Only issue thus far is slightly less damage, but that's mostly due to me leveling mechs I don't want to play in quick launch - when I was running quirked up meds I was still pulling 1700-1800 a match. Un-quirked is 1100-1500, still tolerable given they are the crappiest variants in their lines.|

Would be nice for my team if I could give away that weight, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter because I enjoy playing in medium and light mechs unless I get the itch to drop in a Mauler and shell the field up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users