Thoughts?

#2 Cifrer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fe43b09212c57ab

I might make a few changes like this. By switching the lrm-20's to 15's you can afford to throw on a couple med pulse, an active probe, and a TC-1.

From my understanding, lrm-20's are just plain bad. Hugely inefficient due to their spread. I also might recommend shifting your armor around so that you're stripping from the head instead of the CT because really, how often do headshots actually happen anyway.

Lastly I figured spreading the ammo around a bit instead of all on the one torso is a good idea. My reasoning behind this is because you have launchers on both sides, so if you lose that one side, your other 2 launchers are just dead weight because no ammo.

I could be wrong, this is just theorycrafting on my part. Hopefully some others will come give their input as well.

#3 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

Do you REALLY need 1300 damage worth of UAC10 rounds for one cannon and 1800 damage in LRMs?!?

#4 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 16 March 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

Do you REALLY need 1300 damage worth of UAC10 rounds for one cannon and 1800 damage in LRMs?!?

Well, if he held down the fire button non-stop, starting from the deployment zone, he will run out of ammo before the match is over! Since he has no energy weapons to fall back on, his dps will drop dramatically once his ammo depletes!

#5 Totem1

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:08 PM

Agree with John here... Imho.. lose 3 tons of UAC10 ammo (3.5 tons is plenty for quick play or even cw considering you are principally an lrm ship).. lose 2 tons of lrm ammo maybe even 3 as you have more than just lrms to shoot. With that 5/6 tons .. consider upping those medium pulse to something with longer range that has synergy with the uac10 and can make use of your targetting computer.

#6 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:23 PM

All the above are sound thoughts.

While I might not LRM with this assault (then again, I might), I can help you polish the build a bit.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ba6cc712b4e6f91

I started with Cifrer's suggestion above. I tightened up the build as follows:

* You will be more than fine with 3 or 4 tons of UAC10 ammo. I put in 3.5, which you can still spam all day, freely.
* I pulled out the TC, because you're not getting a bunch of benefit from it on a mixed LRM build like this. Feel free to drop one of the DHS I added, or a little ammo, or some engine size if you'd rather have it back.
* Without cooldown quirks (like the AWS-8R), and assuming you're picking your shots at all, 8 or 9 tons of LRM ammo is plenty with the lrm15 cooldown where it is roght now. If you're not camping at 700 meters, you should be able to make all those shots count. I invested that tonnage in DHS and an Artemis upgrade, for more dps, tighter spread and better locks. You can make the most of this by being close enough for line-of-sight shots, rather than strictly indirect fire.
* Don't use the lasers much until you're out of ammo on the LRMs, and/or jammed on the UAC. They're strictly backup.
* I swapped the cMPLs for cERMLs, to free up a couple tons for a JJ. That little bit of maneuverability goes a long, long way.
* I pulled a couple point of armor from the legs (literally: I grabbed one point from each) to boost the head armor to 16. Makes you dual gauss-proof, assuming no crit.
* I didn't rearrange the ammo a bunch, but I did spread it out a little more.

Have fun storming the objective!

Edited by Virlutris, 16 March 2016 - 01:32 PM.

#7 W Ventilator

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback, all.

I'll fiddle; I really like the added ER Med's for something left over, to be sure.

This was literally put together on a whim; glad to see it can be tweaked into a useful and self defending (somewhat) missile boat.

#8 Mr Ezzquizo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

Nice mech
bad torso

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users