More Mech Mobility

11 replies to this topic

#1 Storm Khan

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:06 AM

Just a suggestion for the devs to enhance the game and I'm not sure if this was attempted during the beta days or not but...

How about adding the ability for mechs to crouch? Stand still and crouch lower and stand up again.
Gives hill humping a different meaning, stand shoot and crouch again. Also makes a mech more vulnerable since they have to stand up before moving again. Crouch jumping? What would that mean?

Another limb mobility feature would be to raise and straighten the arms (individually). The mechanic here would be to raise the arm and it would lower again after a short period of time or when the pilot says to. Only works for mechs with lower arm actuators of course.

Thoughts?

#2 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:18 AM

I was thinking recently that crouching might be a good idea. Although it would almost certainly lead to some sad jerks doing teabagging maneuvers...

p.s. Suggestions section of the forum is thataway -->

#3 Belacose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 539 posts
  • LocationArlington Texas

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:32 AM

View PostDogstar, on 26 May 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

doing teabagging maneuvers...

I'd be ok with that as long as there was an achievement along with a title for performing said act upon a downed opponent 1,000 times.

Edited by Belacose, 26 May 2016 - 12:32 AM.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:39 AM

I just want better JJs right now. That's the only part I think simple enough even for PGI to do.

#5 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 May 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

I just want better JJs right now. That's the only part I think simple enough even for PGI to do.

Looking at the heat ramp - ehm NO

Horizontal Thrust Rating / Mech Weight /heat and weight of Jet

The issue is - it should be the same rating for every jet. But with the current system + the FASAnomics JJ weight, you will create some "thrust" inflation causing Highlanders to fly and Wolverines to hover.

So you need another system. Rather than heat ramp, a fuel ramp
The heat has to be constant. Using of JJ cause 3 heat per second of use. Doesn't matter how many jets you use - if you use 5 you pay 3 heat per second, if you use 1 you pay 3 heat per second.

The difference the number of fuel saved in each jet. A Class I would not grant you more thrust per mech weight but it will grant you more fuel. So you may need 5sec to jump a distance a Spider would jump in 1sec.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 26 May 2016 - 12:52 AM.

#6 Brandarr Gunnarson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 847 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:14 AM

I like the idea of crouching. Straightening arms is not so straightforward, but I'd be ok with it.

However, I'm also in the camp of "fix things first"; so, JJs that are meaningful, pls!

#7 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:32 AM

Just died laughing imagining an Atlas teabagging a dead locust. Anybody remember when people figured out the Mantis from Halo 3 could crouch? There was no real tactical reason for it, but the devs put it in the game just because they knew people would teabag with a giant metal death machine, and it would be hilarious:

I especially love the ridiculous robotic humping sounds. Posted Image

Edited by Mcchuggernaut, 26 May 2016 - 03:35 AM.

#8 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:07 AM

View PostMcchuggernaut, on 26 May 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

Just died laughing imagining an Atlas teabagging a dead locust. Anybody remember when people figured out the Mantis from Halo 3 could crouch? There was no real tactical reason for it, but the devs put it in the game just because they knew people would teabag with a giant metal death machine, and it would be hilarious:

I especially love the ridiculous robotic humping sounds. Posted Image

It's not even a teabag, the crouch doesn't take it anywhere near the ground Posted Image

#9 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:18 AM

Yeah, more mobility all round would be nice.
  • Crouching
  • Straightening arms
  • Multiple jump jet controls (a la MW2 or MW:LL)
These 3 things alone would breathe a lot of new life into gameplay, without really being too complicated. Alas, we cannot have nice things.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 26 May 2016 - 06:18 AM.

#10 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:30 AM

You know.. Every once in awhile I hit my "Crouch" button, only to remember that this isn't MW 3-4.. lol.. Would love to see crouching added to MWO... would also like to see Melee combat which PGI has stated is something they want to do, but not really something they're working on ATM. Sad too as I'd love to see the Hatchetman and Axeman (among a few others) brought into MWO and would add more depth to matches.. also would help deter face tanking by lights and fast mediums. :)

#11 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:19 AM

>would help deter face tanking by lights and fast mediums

Yeah a swift kick from an assault mech would soon swat those pesky critters

#12 The Amazing Spider Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

INB4 nerf crouching with screenshake. JJs are my teabag, and need to be fixed so terrain bugs don't cause unnecessary leg damage/immobility first IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users