#21 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,619 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

View PostOmaha, on 18 March 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

I can understand the rewards thing, for solo players at least, but all you unit guys. Isnt pride enough of a reward, seeing your name everywhere?

I'm just "Poking" fun at your guys =P

Nah, it grows pretty thin. I mean, it was great fun being basically the reason Marik survived the first part of Beta 1, but we know that every so often the map will reset, and the unit tags are just... tags. The pride of a good unit is internalized, and there's only so much that superficial bragging rights can do for us.

#22 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

Right now it's just very repetitive, and there's no real long-term goal in it to keep you playing. The only persistent thing you gain (which you couldn't gain elsewhere) is loyalty points, and that's not much.

Right now I basically regard FP as one more game mode on top of Skirmish, Assault etc. It's actually fun for what it is, so I'll play it a couple times a week, but not more than that.

#23 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

Sorry gents, shoulda been more specific about the 4v4.
I have no official source at all, just a rumor I have heard more than a few times in the past month or so.
I meant to bring it up to see it anybody had any official news (I dont do the Tweets).

That said, PGI has a track record of over promising and under delivering.

#24 Chaplin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

So I am at the point where I have a handful of mechs to my name, but need mech bays. It seems doing the "CW tour" (play every faction to rank 2 or 6) is the best way to do this. I have mostly IS mechs at this point, so I picked what I expected was a large house with DC. After sitting in a queue with a full list of pilots registered for drop or whatever on the right hand panel for 15 minutes the client crashed. I then went in and waited another 10 and the pilot roster didn't even fill halfway. Both times I picked planets with a high defend/attack number. This was prime time on a Tuesday. In frustration I went to quick match and had nearly zero wait all night.

Did I have a bad experiences? Is CW dead? Did I pick a bad faction (I thought if any Davion and Combine would be popular)? What should I be doing?

#25 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:31 AM

I'm still a Marik loyalist, but joining a unit is off the plate for now. Because of that, CW is out of the equation since pugs in CW often put others at a disadvantage. I don't want to be "that guy."

Phase 1 was awesome. People cared a lot more but after map resets and people lost their planetary trophies, it really didn't matter anymore. Maybe phase 3 will breathe new life into it.

I'd love to be able to rock a FWLM paint job. I hope it's included.

#26 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

Just looking which planets are high populated isn't enough. E.g. if you enlist on a planet with 74 Attackers and 99+ Defenders as a defender, you will have high waittimes (as more than 2 full groups of players are already waiting to get a game in front of you).

Have a look for planets where the attack/defender numbers are quite similar. Maybe even a planet where are just a few more players needed to get a multiple of 12.

And, of course, you could always use the faction chat to ask which planets are open with low waiting time :)

#27 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:04 AM

View PostChaplin, on 30 March 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

Did I have a bad experiences? Is CW dead? Did I pick a bad faction (I thought if any Davion and Combine would be popular)? What should I be doing?

Sounds like you just had a run of bad luck, Also, right now the IS players tend to outnumber the Clan players. Keep at it, there's ten easy mechbays out there an another ten that are still fun an relatively quick to get to.

I pretty much only play CW, and I'm still around, so it can't be that bad.

~Leone.

#28 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

Wait times were terrible again last night; two out of three drops were ghost drops, and that was even going on attack.
It got bad a couple weeks ago when the Archer came out, which sort of makes sense with everyone trying out and tuning up their new mech in the public queue, but I thought it'd recovered last week.

#29 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:09 AM

View PostLeone, on 30 March 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

Sounds like you just had a run of bad luck, Also, right now the IS players tend to outnumber the Clan players. Keep at it, there's ten easy mechbays out there an another ten that are still fun an relatively quick to get to.

I pretty much only play CW, and I'm still around, so it can't be that bad.

~Leone.
Same mostly play CW and my unit is mostly CW orientated.

#30 MechWarrior25592

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostRampage, on 18 March 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

There really is simply no good reason to play FP/CW. There are no incentives. Winning or losing means nothing. There is no permanent loyalty to either Clan or IS so therefore no pride or bragging from either side. Conquering, defending and holding a world gives no benefit and means nothing. There is a big time and c-bill investment in fielding a proper deck. Some of the teammates and opponents are a$$hats.

That said, I will be interested to see what the new CW phase 3 brings to the game.

I mean, there's no incentive to do quickplay, either, but...at least quickplay is, you know...quick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users