Mouse Unbound To Game...............

5 replies to this topic

#1 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:00 PM

The other day I complained, that the game steals the mouse focus when it displays a loading screen. You fixed that, great!
However the way you fixed it completely sucks. I mean, now the game doesn't grab the mouse at all. When I play with two screens in full window mode, the mouse occasionally lands into the second screen when turning the torso and when I click to fire my weapons in hot fight I click some **** in teamspeak or my browser and my mech stops moving. I have to click into the game again and click twice to activate it also have to push the WASD keys again to get my mech moving. I already died once because of that (standing in a light or medium not moving while under heavy fire is not the best thing to do in Mechwarrior).
Who thought this would be a good idea respectively did you even test the latest patch with two screens in full window mode?

#2 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:57 PM

pls fix that asap thx

#3 Ulris Ventis

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

Well, what exactly do you expect? Full window is not fullscreen. It's close to Windowed mode.
I remember I had same problem with 2 screens in some shooters as well, but then I switched to Fullscreen.

Edited by Ulris Ventis, 18 March 2016 - 03:22 PM.

#4 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:50 PM

No, the problem did not exist before the patch. I always played in full window for years, so I can switch between both monitors when I wait for CW matches and when building mechs. With fullscreen mode you have to minimize the game (alt-tab and the game minimizes so you see your desktop) to operate a window on second monitor.

The game can just claim the mouse when its needed (first person in mech) and release it when the mouse arrow is visible. It worked always this way until last patch. The only thing that happened was that the game claimed mouse focus on loading and connecting screens (the mouse pointer disappeared in second screen while you been working there and you had to alt-tab out of the game to get the mouse back) which was rather annoying. Now the mouse is always free and that mode is even worse because the mouse lands somewhere outside the game and when you click you hit something in another window and the game loses focus of keyboard and mouse completely.

Edited by maniacos, 18 March 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#5 m2wester

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:29 AM

I have this problem as well since the last patch.

SETUP: Windows 7 with 2 Monitors. MWO is on the right monitor in full window mode.

PROBLEM: When the game starts, something on the left monitor is focussed (usually the browser). I then tab into the game. When I turn my Mech left via mous-movement, the mouse arrow appears on the left Monitor. When I click now, whatever is on top on the left monitor gets focussed and I need to tab back into the game. This only happens the first time, the second time I tab into the game, everything is fine.

WORKAROUND: When the game starts, tab into it, tab out, and tab into it again.

Please fix anyway, it's pretty annoying to tab out of the game in a brawl, which happened quite a few times to me until I found the workaround...

Edited by m2wester, 20 March 2016 - 03:31 AM.

#6 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 05:57 AM

It gets fixed when you tab back second time? I have not noticed that yet, thanks I will test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users