I am upset that noone of the active forum users gets a key?

85 replies to this topic

#41 DireWolf421

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationBig D

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostQosmius, on 13 July 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

its so annoying that ppls who never looked at the forums or do anything usefull at all get the keys...i regret even finding this game a half year ago....pending pending pending pending. whole dev team are trolls

Can we say "entitlement complex" much....

Really dude you need to get over it and just wait like the rest of us here that haven't gotten in.

enuff said...

#42 Ybarra

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationThe other side of the web

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

I was going to mention something about the OP being disturbingly mad, but then I saw all of the hilarious replies and got all warm and fuzzy in knowing that I have a key.

#43 Hot Rod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

View PostYbarra, on 13 July 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

I was going to mention something about the OP being disturbingly mad, but then I saw all of the hilarious replies and got all warm and fuzzy in knowing that I have a key.

*sing*
"Anotherone bites the Dust! Yeah"

edith: i know why Skadi is playing the forum... its much more rewarding ^^

Edited by Hot Rod, 13 July 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#44 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

Posted Image

#45 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

NDA breach for a first post!!! We have a winner!!!!!

Edited by Nikol Grall, 14 July 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#46 jjuurriijj

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationLjubljana, Slovenia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

I will get stoned for this, but closed early beta tests aren't always as fun as they seem to those that aren't in them. From my experience in testing other games, they often lack content, run slowly and crash from time to time. Closed beta testers are testers, open beta testers are already players. If everyone got into closed beta, some would be disappointed and wouldn't play the game at release when it's actually finished.

Long story short, just be patient.

#47 Willpower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'm just seriously confused as to why someone would think that posting 40 times on forums could be considered useful.....

***?

Really?

Useful to the point of feeling entitled, even.

Wow. Get a grip.

#48 Moodysea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationWindsor UK

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

its so annoying that ppls who never looked at the forums or do anything usefull at all get the keys...i regret even finding this game a half year ago....pending pending pending pending. whole dev team are trolls

For heaven's sake.

Oh and why not try this?

It's a space sim, but if you like sim games, this should keep you happy, it's one of the games that I am playing:

http://blackprophecy.com/

P

Failing that:

1) Go out for a walk.
2) Volunteer at an animal charity
3) Play Skyrim if you haven't, should take you 30 years to finish
4) Treat you GF / BF to a weekend away
5) Play the Mercs4 campaign again
6) Learn computer code so you can write your own Mech game and be in the Beta
7) Start an Open University course
8) Watch more sport
9) Join a creationist vs science debate group and post humourous comments
10) Pretend you are a battlemech and go shopping

Just throwing a few ideas out there.

Currently I am playing Kingdoms of Amalur and loving it. Best game I have played for ages and not my type of thing at all usually. Maybe download the free demo on your PC or 360.

Much more to life than Mechwarrior, I actually thought that people were joking. On a serious level, there are more important things to life. It's easy to get obsessed by something so trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Moodysea, 14 July 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#49 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postjjuurriijj, on 14 July 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

I will get stoned for this, but closed early beta tests aren't always as fun as they seem to those that aren't in them. From my experience in testing other games, they often lack content, run slowly and crash from time to time. Closed beta testers are testers, open beta testers are already players. If everyone got into closed beta, some would be disappointed and wouldn't play the game at release when it's actually finished.

Don't know why you think posting something sensibly thought out would merit stoning, BUT... but... at this point of the discussion, coming in without posting a meme is considered impolite and bad etiquette.

Posted Image

#50 jjuurriijj

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationLjubljana, Slovenia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostMoodysea, on 14 July 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

For heaven's sake.

Oh and why not try this?

It's a space sim, but if you like sim games, this should keep you happy, it's one of the games that I am playing:

http://blackprophecy.com/

P

Failing that:

1) Go out for a walk.
2) Volunteer at an animal charity
3) Play Skyrim if you haven't, should take you 30 years to finish
4) Treat you GF / BF to a weekend away
5) Play the Mercs4 campaign again
6) Learn computer code so you can write your own Mech game and be in the Beta
7) Start an Open University course
8) Watch more sport
9) Join a creationist vs science debate group and post humourous comments
10) Pretend you are a battlemech and go shopping

Just throwing a few ideas out there.

Currently I am playing Kingdoms of Amalur and loving it. Best game I have played for ages and not my type of thing at all usually. Maybe download the free demo on your PC or 360.

Much more to life than Mechwarrior, I actually thought that people were joking. On a serious level, there are more important things to life. It's easy to get obsessed by something so trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Damn, didn't even know there are so many things I can do in my life! anyway, I'm waiting for a new computer myself, otherwise I would be playing Diablo III (yeah, my current one is that bad).

#51 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostBenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON, on 14 July 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

Don't know why you think posting something sensibly thought out would merit stoning, BUT... but... at this point of the discussion, coming in without posting a meme is considered impolite and bad etiquette.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 sakkaku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

Actually from my experience with testing and NDAs typically active posters have a hard time keeping things objective and have a strong need to correct misconceptions about the game. They can get called out and when the hostile community (lol tribers) finds out it is hilarious but bad for the company.

#53 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

Posted Image

#54 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Id love to be testing this game right now, but until i do and probably after i have this awesome group of crazies to hang out with *points to the urbanmech threads*

#55 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

View Postm, on 14 July 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

You have a right to know that if I'm ever too lazy to find this picture to quote for future use then I shall be stealing this.

#56 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostRychard Starheart, on 13 July 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

well, someone aint gonna get a key early, thats for sure.

I humbly adore the devs for their wisdom and far sightedness to only offer beta-keys to those who truely deserve it.
All design decisions made are unquestionably perfect, genuine and a proof of the superiour intellect of the employees at PGI.

Hail the devs!

---------------
If this does not get me a beta-key.....

#57 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostBenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON, on 14 July 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

You have a right to know that if I'm ever too lazy to find this picture to quote for future use then I shall be stealing this.

my url - http://i49.tinypic.com/sndvr7.jpg

#58 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostRed squirrel, on 14 July 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

I humbly adore the devs for their wisdom and far sightedness to only offer beta-keys to those who truely deserve it.
All design decisions made are unquestionably perfect, genuine and a proof of the superiour intellect of the employees at PGI.

Hail the devs!

---------------
If this does not get me a beta-key.....

Yes... certainly it will.... Posted Image

#59 Hellya

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCanada, Alberta

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

View Postjjuurriijj, on 14 July 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

Indeed they are not all fun. Early beta can be an absolute nightmare and because you signed up for the job means you had full intent of helping them pin point the many problems they are facing. Most sign on to a beta a forget their task at hand and think they have won a free game. Personally I think they need to kick non active members (if they exist) as I remember countless betas where people I meet one day never return to the beta. Quite often this is the first day they sign up.

Edited by Hellya, 14 July 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#60 Niknud

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Beta is not about how long you visit a forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users