Tier System Yada

4 replies to this topic

#1 Odin the Wanderer

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:16 PM

the tier system is terrible right now. i say YADA as in "your a dumb ***" for players playing the way they do somtimes. But for when players play well in a match and score over a 150 match score they should not be ranked down in pilot tier. everytime i play i get setup with a ****** team that doesent communicate but score over 300 match score i still get ranked down in my pilot tier. i have read that tier 5 is made for players that dont understand the game and cant pilot a mech but i sure fing can. and i understand my job with my mech. im sure that a lot of players that actually help new players are still stuck in tier 5 just because of this ****. the only way to make tier 1 is to be in a group that never looses and that is just insane with where this game is at and the randomness of matchmaking. dont get me wrong the matchmaking is good in games but it all depends if your team can communicate.. please un **** this tier system so that your indivudal pilot skill is more incorpirated into the judgeing.

#2 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

I have talked to players that do their best to help their team but do what they can to stay in tier five because of it being less stressful because no one is truly caring about rank or having to put up with higher tier egos who then b**** when things don't go their way.

to me tier five - four = casual players
tier four - three = standard players
tier two - one = ego driven oh my god I don't want to lose my rank you stupid **** and I am better than everyone else!

Yes that is how I rank the tier system and yes that is how I view almost all of the tier one and two, as the player base I run into almost all of them have such big egos I am surprised they can even fit in their chair let alone their headsets because of their egos.

hell I even talked to someone who was in tier three and is good enough to be higher in the tier system but refuses to advance higher because she plays to win but to mainly play for fun.

Edited by VinJade, 19 March 2016 - 09:50 PM.

#3 Azurhoden

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 57 posts
  • LocationWestern U.S.

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

The PSR (the ranking system used for MatchMaking) doesn't work that way. It's slanted toward progress. If you have 2 or 3 bad matches, 1 good match can mitigate that loss of rank completely. And if you have a REALLY good match, that can mitigate as many as 5 bad matches (and though most of my math on this is based on quick mental calculations done between matches, I still feel pretty confident that anyone else doing the same math would come up with approximately the same results owing to the fact that my calculations are based on what's displayed at the end of the match as well as the relative length of the Tier bar).
So as long as you have some relatively consistent victories, you will make progress on the Tier bar.

Live and Learn or You don't Live long.

#4 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

Honestly, in settings, you can "Hide Tier rating" so you dont see it.

Dont let tier get in the way of your fun- it honestly doesnt matter. Just game on bro!

#5 Firewuff

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:51 AM

get a kill or 2 and you will in most cases get = rating, not a drop in your rating....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users