Forgive Button / Options

22 replies to this topic

#1 alsation

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:39 PM

There needs to be a forgive button or some forgive options.

Today in a match I ran in front of someone while I was majorly injured causing a team kill. Why can I not forgive this team kill and remove the penalties from my team mate?

#2 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:52 PM

I'd like to see this added in some form. It's pretty easy to tell if a team kill was an accident or not, and if I do a dumb I don't like that others get punished for it.

#3 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

While I do support such function, I don't think that Either score loss or c-bill/xp loss is something noticeable. Hell, you can kill 5 of your teammates, THEN have a bad game and still have positive balance.

#4 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:35 AM

View PostConfirmed Cheater, on 20 March 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

While I do support such function, I don't think that Either score loss or c-bill/xp loss is something noticeable. Hell, you can kill 5 of your teammates, THEN have a bad game and still have positive balance.

It's not about the income loss, but rather the new penalty system they have in place. Don't get me wrong, I support the penalty system when it comes to deliberate team killing or selfishness/carelessness, but if I mess up get myself killed by friendly fire I don't want teammates punished for that.

#5 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:36 AM

Yes, this would be a great addition. I had a similar situation a while back.
I was trying to flee from the enemy team in a Raven with my center torso cherry red internals by doing the only logical thing... run towards my team. When I finally reach them I round the corner to see an Atlas 5 meters behind the corner I just ran around. No time for me to adjust my course and he of course cant move out of the way either... it came as it had to come.
I run into him... pop my own torso and he gets punished for my mistake. No shots were fired. it was purely collision damage hitting the wrong component in a situation where neither of us could react fast enough. I would have immediately used a forgive feature and even willingly taken the -10000 Cbills punishment for him as it was my fault in the end Posted Image .

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 21 March 2016 - 01:37 AM.

#6 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:24 AM

I can't support this, this sug is just ridiculous. PGI hate our free time, so we surely must suffer time penalties. The more - the better. ATM we have time penalty for not rejoining game in 3 minutes, time penalty for TK/TD, time penalties by watching log screens over and over again when attempting to actually log into the gaem and getting insta crit. error for no obvious reason. We have time penalties in most game modes with "objectives" like in conquest or domination.
We can't have enough, I demand MOAR time penalties Posted Image

#7 D V Devnull

• 4,297 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:25 AM

View PostMechWarrior849305, on 21 March 2016 - 05:24 AM, said:

I can't support this, this sug is just ridiculous. PGI hate our free time, so we surely must suffer time penalties. The more - the better. ATM we have time penalty for not rejoining game in 3 minutes, time penalty for TK/TD, time penalties by watching log screens over and over again when attempting to actually log into the gaem and getting insta crit. error for no obvious reason. We have time penalties in most game modes with "objectives" like in conquest or domination.
We can't have enough, I demand MOAR time penalties Posted Image

Worst? Sarcasm?? Ever??? :o

~D. V. "Uuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh......." Devnull

BTW, I support this idea to forgive bad accidents. :)

~D. V. "Forgot to mention, so I Edited." Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 21 March 2016 - 07:43 AM.

#8 S_T_R_A_N_G_E

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:19 AM

The reason a forgive button/ option is important is it allows PGI to stick it to the griefers.

With a forgive button, you can punish/ or not someone for a team kill and lock their mech down for hours... or whatever is appropriate...

If i am cherry red and brawling away, and some LRMS's TK me... I am not going to punish. Some would and that's fine too.

#9 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

When I tked a friendly once with torrents of missiles he never held it against me at all, he said it came with the territory of being a light mech pilot and he was way to close to the Atlas which was my target at the time.

to be honest the way the system is set up it seems to mainly target and punish LRM users because I noticed that my main damage to allies has always been from them in the area of my missiles are heading.

They just need to remove the system & rework it, such as adding the forgive button & tweak it some.

I always felt they should just penalize a TK not TD.

#10 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:06 AM

just make it the other way around, everything is ok unless you explicitly say you did not like it

#11 alsation

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

View Posthappy mech, on 21 March 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

just make it the other way around, everything is ok unless you explicitly say you did not like it

Getting punished like that would just rile people up and make for a more negative experience.The whole "eff you. you deserve to be punished." negative attitude,

#12 D V Devnull

• 4,297 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:27 AM

View Posthappy mech, on 21 March 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

View Postalsation, on 21 March 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Getting punished like that would just rile people up and make for a more negative experience.The whole "eff you. you deserve to be punished." negative attitude,

You've got it right, alsation. It should be "Guilty until proven Innocent" in this situation, so that only the honest, forgivable mistakes would need to have someone indicate that it happened. It would be best for PGI to code it this way anyway, in order to signal the MatchMaker that it needed to back off. ;)

~D. V. "That's the right track." Devnull

#13 alsation

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:17 PM

You guys are so unforgiving.

#14 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:07 PM

+1, in other games it works really good

Edited by Strelok7, 14 April 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#15 D V Devnull

• 4,297 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:46 PM

View Postalsation, on 14 April 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

You guys are so unforgiving.

That, is unfortunately the state of some communities. I've heard bad things about "DOTA 2" as well. :(

And that's kinda why this "Useful 'Forgive Button' Idea" should happen. :)

~D. V. "Sad, ain't it?" Devnull

#16 alsation

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

I guess some things are just unforgivable.

#17 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:29 PM

Sounds good to me, +1

#18 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:24 PM

@DV
I heard that dota & lol are both filled with spiteful and hateful players because of the way the game is set up, what with them being seen as a 'sport*' that and a bunch of rotten people play it(The things I seen on youtube...).

Anyways; one thing we have at the moment that many steam games, dota, & lol doesn't have are players that actually can and do forgive a lot of things if they know for a fact someone didn't mean to do it.

No to forget to mention that despite my annoyance with russ and his personal vendetta against clan stuff this game thankfully is played by intelligent people and act accordingly.

so this option would help prove that.

*They are about as much of a sport as WIEs are a real clan

Edited by VinJade, 18 April 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#19 alsation

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

Still can't forgive so I can't forget.

#20 alsation

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:05 PM

Still want to be able to forgive.