192 replies to this topic

#21 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:16 AM

View PostBaelfire, on 21 March 2016 - 05:04 AM, said:

We probably don't play the same game then. I have seen people getting threatened when they were still fighting or even trying to win the game. I remember one guy who called me a coward because i wasn't crawling to the enemy for execution in my legged Panther... on conquest, with our team leading 700:320 with 3 blue caps. Some people are just like that.

I call BS on that as well. Every time anyone has been called in in my 5k matches deserved it.

#22 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:20 AM

Play the way you want bro..if the other team doesnt like it and they in that much of a hurry then i say LET THEM suicide.
you play hit n run and takeum all out!..make it a win worthy of hall of fame =)

#23 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:23 AM

Lights that drag the game on against a mass (Average 4 or more) should just bite the bullet, wasting peoples time otherwise, no if and, or butts about it, 8+ minutes of holding people up for your 'chance' kill one maybe two more before one gausses you in the face, not worth a ten minute holdout for my next game in that Mech.

#24 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:34 AM

It's all in the CoC. http://mwomercs.com/conduct
there is a whole section on nonparticipation.

for example "Running out the clock, or needlessly extending the duration of the match, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory."

#25 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:35 AM

If you want people to stop crying that you're wasting their time then you should stop wasting their time.

#26 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:37 AM

Peeps will have a mech stuck in match and they'll hate you for it. But you are in your right as long as you trade some fire and not go power down somewhere till the timer runs out. If the others don't like it. Bad luck for them.

#27 MrMadguy

• 2,212 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:39 AM

View PostCatho Sharn, on 21 March 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

Sorry, that's bull. Victory isn't a right, it's a goal. A light pilot using cover and sniping is under no obligation to stand in the open or charge the enemy to give them an easy win.

Is it annoying to wait? Yes, sometimes. Go get a drink or stretch your legs if you can't stand watching.

Read rules before posting anything:

The primary benefit to shutting down your ‘Mech is that it will no longer appear on enemy radar. In the deciding moments of a close match with few ‘Mechs left standing on the battlefield, effective use of the shutdown mechanic and/or evasion tactics has the potential to provide you with the following benefits:
  • Evading detection long enough to secure a timer expiration win when you have superior numbers, in circumstances where you may be too critically damaged to otherwise risk a direct engagement with the enemy
There are situations that do not fall within the scope of what the shutdown mechanic or evasion tactics are intended for. The use of the shutdown mechanic or avoiding contact with the enemy under the following situations may be classed as an act of non-participation, subject to evaluation and moderation actions by Support services:
  • Running out the clock, or needlessly extending the duration of the match, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory.

Avoiding engagement is allowed ONLY if it allows you to secure your victory. If you are losing - you're dragging out the match.

Edited by MrMadguy, 21 March 2016 - 05:42 AM.

#28 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 887 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:39 AM

I've won games by doing solo hit and run attacks against the slower remaining mechs, they're just saying that stuff out of frustration.

Edited by Will Hawker, 21 March 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#29 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:44 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 21 March 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

It's all in the CoC. http://mwomercs.com/conduct
there is a whole section on nonparticipation.

for example "Running out the clock, or needlessly extending the duration of the match, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory."

First of there is a might in front of the paragrah in the coc. So the coc is a rubber paragraph. And needlessly is nothing and anything, if you can secure kills or at least make damage. Since the game has a PSR and every damage contributes to the value of holding even in a match or maybe go up.

In the end all the complainers of someone who is the last man standing and may not win the game are just jerks in those moments. (Count me in, complained about a Shadowcat too a some dozen games back) But the ultimate jerks or better to say are the douchebags that think because of the coc they are in the right to tell the enemy positions.

#30 MrMadguy

• 2,212 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:56 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 21 March 2016 - 05:44 AM, said:

But the ultimate jerks or better to say are the douchebags that think because of the coc they are in the right to tell the enemy positions.

Giving away position of player, who drags out match - is measure, that was implemented by players in order to compensate lack of proper anti-non-participation mechanic in Skirmish, cuz PGI is too lazy or incompetent to implement it. Other modes have capping as such mechanic. When game developer refuses to develop his own game properly - players have to take management in their hands. At the end developer can't do anything against majority of players, cuz banning majority of players - is nonsense. Engagement timer should be implemented as such mechanic for Skirmish. Till that moment players are entitled to report position of players, who violates COC.

Edited by MrMadguy, 21 March 2016 - 05:59 AM.

#31 Doman Hugin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:00 AM

But MrMadguy, who are you to say whether someone is dragging out the match or attempting a heroic comeback?

How can you tell?

Is killing only 5 of the 6 remaining mechs before dieing dragging out the match? he did not secure the win so you should report him.

At what point before the last mech dies do you dicide?

#32 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 887 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:01 AM

Giving away a persons position can see you reported, even if said guy is afk I've seen it happen.

#33 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:03 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 21 March 2016 - 05:39 AM, said:

Avoiding engagement is allowed ONLY if it allows you to secure your victory. If you are losing - you're dragging out the match.

Your very narrow definition of "securing victory" essentially rules out the concept of a Last Man Standing being able to do anything. Based on this comment, even if it is 2 to 1, you should not engage, because you are "losing" and therefore any attempt to do anything.

Counterpoint: Fantastic Tuesday wins a 5 v 1 in an ACH with ECM: https://youtu.be/wAQOEDT72Y8

View Postmarsas, on 21 March 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

so my question is - if you left last man standing you should just scream "banzai" ant atack them straight into face?, people seems to love stupid meatgrinding in the midle of map but if you use tacticks and strategy then they start crying that you waist they time .
what your opinion on that?

As long as you are attempting to secure victory, and you think your actions are defensible (that is, if you were to be censured, you could email support with your side of the story), then go for it. The only time I've ever reported a LMS for non-participation was a Zues who was LMS against something like 6+ on Alpine. He was just running for the Out-of-Bounds marker (at that point still a click a way) rather than engaging with us.

#34 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:07 AM

View Postmarsas, on 21 March 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

hi all, today was left alone from all team , enemy had about 8 mechs left , it was on grim map and i was using raven l with ecm, was runing aroud hiding and shooting enemy trying to hit damaged mechs , enemy was starting to complain that im not participating in game and said they gona report me.

so my question is - if you left last man standing you should just scream "banzai" ant atack them straight into face?, people seems to love stupid meatgrinding in the midle of map but if you use tacticks and strategy then they start crying that you waist they time .
what your opinion on that?

p.s. was playing mwll on weekend , thats the game and comunity to learn from if we want real mech simulator.
( had some matches before when i was in raven l and alone and managed to kill the rest of team and brought victory to my team so whats wrong with people these days? i understand if one man complaining but when all team crying they gona report you for not dieing easy - thats just crazy or mabe they have special club for special people i was lucky to find them )

Keep doing it! First, it is good punishment for the morons who always choose skirmish. Second, it is a great way to learn how to play a hit-and-move raven 3L. Eventually you will get good enough that you can score a couple of kills or even win the match. Don't let them bother you There have been many, many times where I have scored 5 or more kills in that exact situation to win the match. Granted not all of them but enough to make them the most exciting games I have in the PUB arena.

The people complaining are just being selfish.... they had their fun charging into the middle and getting killed but they don't want you to have your fun playing your style.

Edited by nehebkau, 21 March 2016 - 06:08 AM.

#35 MrMadguy

• 2,212 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:07 AM

View PostDoman Hugin, on 21 March 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

But MrMadguy, who are you to say whether someone is dragging out the match or attempting a heroic comeback?

How can you tell?

Is killing only 5 of the 6 remaining mechs before dieing dragging out the match? he did not secure the win so you should report him.

View PostJables McBarty, on 21 March 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

Your very narrow definition of "securing victory" essentially rules out the concept of a Last Man Standing being able to do anything. Based on this comment, even if it is 2 to 1, you should not engage, because you are "losing" and therefore any attempt to do anything.

You can solely kill 5 'Mechs only via using starvation tactic. This tactic is possible only if enemies accept your Hide'n'Seek game. They are not obligated to do it, but you hold them as hostages, wasting their time, literally forcing them to do it. If they won't pursue you - you will not be able to perform your "heroic comeback" - you will simply be dragging the match out. This is wrong and should be fixed. Do your "heroic comeback", but use valid tactics to do it.

Edited by MrMadguy, 21 March 2016 - 06:09 AM.

#36 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:10 AM

View PostDoman Hugin, on 21 March 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

How can you tell?

The most clear way is when the team mates of the player dragging the match out also gets annoyed Posted Image

#37 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:11 AM

For me, it always depends on how my team did. If it was a good fight, my team worked well, but we got beat by a better team, then I won't hold my team up if I realize I have no chance of winning.

However... if half my team yolo'd and no one responded to my attempts of communicating, if everyone just played single player mode and then started whining and blaming each other after they realized we had already lost?

In that case, I don't care if they're bored and they want to move on to the next match. Guess what, you played like a silly sausage, and now you have to watch me do whatever I want until the time runs out. I'm not going to suicide to be nice to people who ignore any attempt at teamwork.

#38 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

Even if it is 8v1 you still have the right to farm as much damage on them as you can to raise your match score and c-bill payout. If that means running from one sniping spot to another and taking potshots at them then that is what you should do. You are under no obligation to brawl with them because that is how they chose to play the game. If 8 of them cannot hunt you down and kill you in fairly short order then that is their problem. They will still win but you can up your score while they ineffectively rage at you for not making it easy for them.ll

If you are still fighting then let them go ahead and report you. See what that gets them. Posted Image

#39 MrMadguy

• 2,212 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 21 March 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

For me, it always depends on how my team did. If it was a good fight, my team worked well, but we got beat by a better team, then I won't hold my team up if I realize I have no chance of winning.

However... if half my team yolo'd and no one responded to my attempts of communicating, if everyone just played single player mode and then started whining and blaming each other after they realized we had already lost?

In that case, I don't care if they're bored and they want to move on to the next match. Guess what, you played like a silly sausage, and now you have to watch me do whatever I want until the time runs out. I'm not going to suicide to be nice to people who ignore any attempt at teamwork.

You don't have a right to judge other players. You're nobody here. In most cases it's terrible matchmaker, that is the cause of stomp. So you admit, that you actually grief other players? Then why do you wonder, when they give your position? Do you know, that encouraging other players to violate COC - is griefing and also against COC?

GRIEFING

Engaging in any of the following actions while using PGI services is forbidden:
  • Taunting, baiting, or otherwise encouraging players to violate the Code of Conduct.

Edited by MrMadguy, 21 March 2016 - 06:23 AM.

#40 DarkMetalBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:22 AM

& people are scratching their heads wondering why nobody plays light mechs in this game...

102 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 102 guests, 0 anonymous users