Gameplay

192 replies to this topic

#81 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostCybrid 0x0t2md2w, on 21 March 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

as others have said, last man alive dies fighting, even if it's run and pot shots. But don't run too long without engaging. if the enemy complains because they are all slow heavies and they can't shoot you enough, that's a shame for them. Keep pot shotting to the end or until they get you or leg you.

This is a random pug drop, not a competitive match for prize money.

Just get in there and end it.

#82 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:12 PM

Kinda depends on how long you are repositioning between shots. 8 enemies, unless all red CT, are going to take a while to kill with one or two ER Larges (or whatever you might have had). If you are taking 30 second to a minute to run around huge pillars and attack from a different side for one shot then run off again you really are not pursuing a strategy that can win within the remaining time on the clock and instead wasting everyone else's time.

#83 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

View PostMrMadguy, on 21 March 2016 - 03:01 AM, said:

There are several rules, that you should take into account:
1) Dying at the end of match - isn't suicide. Suicide - is dying fast right after beginning of match to quit map/mode you don't like without any contribution towards victory. If you already contributed - it isn't suicide. Otherwise any attack on enemy 'Mechs will be considered suicide, which is nonsense. Being weaker than enemies, outnumbered, having small chances to succeed or being damaged - aren't valid excuses for avoiding engagement. The only valid excuse - being completely weaponless.
2) Avoiding engaging with enemy 'Mechs is against COC
3) Needlessly dragging match out is against COC
4) Enemies have right to secure their win - they're not obligated to chase you or search for you. So, it's up to you to engage with them.

So. You can use tactical hiding ("short term hiding") - i.e. hide at place, enemies know, that you're at, pass enemies by, ambush them. But you should never hide at places, enemies don't know - it's treated as "avoiding engaging". "Setting up ambush at the corner of the map" - isn't valid tactic. Remember? They aren't obligated to search for you. You can keep some distance between you and enemies in order to increase chances of successive attacks. But you can't play "survival squirrel" - i.e. just run around map, keeping safe distance only to drag the match out.

I really hope, Skirmish will be fixed soon, so players will have limited engage timer, so they won't be able to hide for 10 minutes. 75 second in my example. This timer expires - you automatically lose. Every mode has conditions, that prevent players from playing way too passively and using unfair starvation tactics. Except Skirmish. You can't run away and hide at Assault, Conquest and Domination. You hide - you lose. Hiding is against intended spirit of Skirmish. And Skirmish should be fixed.

A shot clock? Wouldn't that be better in a Solaris mode?

#84 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:26 PM

correct me if I am wrong, but if you leave early I seem to remember you don't get all the rewards that happen after you leave ie you have to watch to the end to get all the assists, KMDD and salvage and so forth. Which everyone who says you can "just leave the match" conveniently forgets to mention.

#85 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:30 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 21 March 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

correct me if I am wrong, but if you leave early I seem to remember you don't get all the rewards that happen after you leave ie you have to watch to the end to get all the assists, KMDD and salvage and so forth. Which everyone who says you can "just leave the match" conveniently forgets to mention.

No. If you're dead - you can leave without losing any rewards.

Dead players - aren't problem here. Problem with players, who are still alive. Cuz if after 5 minutes of match you've formally won, cuz it's 8 vs 1 situation, but last 'Mech standing runs away, hides, shuts down, quits and his team refuses to give his position - you can't leave the match, cuz in this case you WILL LOSE your rewards. Even if he doesn't quit - if you stick together and take a good position to secure your win - he will have 0 chances to win and won't engage anyway. So, in both cases he simply holds you as hostages. And this have to be stopped. Engage timer should be implemented. When all your team mates dead - you have only 75 seconds, that tick, if you don't attack enemies. Timer expires - you lose. There will be no need to kill DCers, hidden AFKers and time waste griefers.

Edited by MrMadguy, 21 March 2016 - 11:32 PM.

#86 WatDo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killin' your d00ds

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:44 PM

If he was actually attacking then he did nothing wrong. I'm gonna guess this was skirmish and if thats the case, then yeah, waiting and having a light "Drag it out" sucks, but get over it. You be last man standing next time. THEY survived, you didn't. They get to decide the fate of the match. And if it's in an objective based match like conquest, if they decide they want to sit back and live, that should be their choice aswell. Sitting and hiding in skirmish is lame though, but that's well beyond the point right now.

And to those complaining, gtfover yourself, exit the match and drop in another mech. You can even take equipment and modules off your still-in-match mech to put on another.

#87 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:45 PM

This, Mrmadguy, was not the situation this topic was about. The topic is not about a shut down mech running down the clock.

Edited by kesmai, 21 March 2016 - 11:46 PM.

#88 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:46 PM

There is no, and I mean NO honor in a pointless death. I run an assault mech with 2 (two) Clan Ultra Class Autocanon 10's with a massive 1560 TOTAL rounds and I feel 0 obligation to needlessly stat feed when it is so obvious I would die if I engaged a group while I was the lone survivor that a BLIND man standing on PLUTO could see that obviousness on MERCURY.

Look, only the foolish would fight a lost cause. Discretion is the better part of valor after all.

It's usually the people who completely fail to understand the idea that people will not pointlessly die just so impatient people can die faster who ***** at the smart folks who can read the situation correctly and do the CORRECT tactical thing and hide that make me laugh. They also seem to be the ones who see speed limit signs and add 30 to them and wonder why the cops ticket them.

Edited by Rejarial Galatan, 21 March 2016 - 11:53 PM.

#89 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:45 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 21 March 2016 - 02:27 AM, said:

I'll tell you what pretty much everyone will tell you. If you're the last mech standing because you're in an ECM light, and you're just running away at the end of the match and not engaging at all, then you're against TOS.

If you're engaging you're technically in the right, but keep in mind, you ARE holding up everyone else's mechs for the remainder of the match. Granted everyone signed up for a 15 minute match, but watching a lame dual ERLL ECM raven run around and poke at range isn't exactly fun for the rest of us.

BUT What about the Raven pilot's fun? Isn't his fun just as important as your fun? Who's fun takes priority? You signed up for a 15 minute match, Don't complain unless you are in match till its 15 minutes 1 second.

#90 MrMadguy

• 2,212 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:05 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 March 2016 - 01:45 AM, said:

BUT What about the Raven pilot's fun? Isn't his fun just as important as your fun? Who's fun takes priority? You signed up for a 15 minute match, Don't complain unless you are in match till its 15 minutes 1 second.

Cheating, exploiting, griefing are also fun. Does it justify them?

#91 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:57 AM

View Postmarsas, on 21 March 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

hi all, today was left alone from all team , enemy had about 8 mechs left , it was on grim map and i was using raven l with ecm, was runing aroud hiding and shooting enemy trying to hit damaged mechs , enemy was starting to complain that im not participating in game and said they gona report me.

so my question is - if you left last man standing you should just scream "banzai" ant atack them straight into face?, people seems to love stupid meatgrinding in the midle of map but if you use tacticks and strategy then they start crying that you waist they time .
what your opinion on that?

p.s. was playing mwll on weekend , thats the game and comunity to learn from if we want real mech simulator.
( had some matches before when i was in raven l and alone and managed to kill the rest of team and brought victory to my team so whats wrong with people these days? i understand if one man complaining but when all team crying they gona report you for not dieing easy - thats just crazy or mabe they have special club for special people i was lucky to find them )

Nah you were doing fine. Some people just get bored and *****.

#92 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:35 AM

Lol, honor.

You're not a klingon, and this is a video game. Why people feel the need to roleplay like they're in a war movie is beyond me.

Playing by the rules doesn't make you courageous or a hero. Concepts like cowardice and honor don't even apply.

Just play the damn game, or don't. Nothing at all will change regardless of the choice you make.

#93 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:37 AM

This thread is making me want to take out my ERLL 3L and see how long I can live and snipe whenever the group chooses skirmish.

#94 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

Mead, here is something for you. Honor IS a thing in this game, its what keeps me from shooting mouth breathing dopes like you in the back at initial drop. Lets see how precious your tier 3 ranking is when YOU are the sole survivor on your side and your team demands you race in and die on the altar of their egos. I doubt you would capitulate in such a debased manner.

#95 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

View Postmarsas, on 21 March 2016 - 02:23 AM, said:

hi all, today was left alone from all team , enemy had about 8 mechs left , it was on grim map and i was using raven l with ecm, was runing aroud hiding and shooting enemy trying to hit damaged mechs , enemy was starting to complain that im not participating in game and said they gona report me.

so my question is - if you left last man standing you should just scream "banzai" ant atack them straight into face?, people seems to love stupid meatgrinding in the midle of map but if you use tacticks and strategy then they start crying that you waist they time .
what your opinion on that?

p.s. was playing mwll on weekend , thats the game and comunity to learn from if we want real mech simulator.
( had some matches before when i was in raven l and alone and managed to kill the rest of team and brought victory to my team so whats wrong with people these days? i understand if one man complaining but when all team crying they gona report you for not dieing easy - thats just crazy or mabe they have special club for special people i was lucky to find them )

If you want a game where you can rambo the whole team then please by all means stick with LL, that game WAS NOT balanced at all which is why your RVN is so damn OP.

View PostDavegt27, on 21 March 2016 - 03:09 AM, said:

OP its your Mech do what you want

Until you get banned for not following the CoC

Please read he CoC and then do as it says....its in pretty easy to read English and will take all of 12 minutes from your life.

Edited by Revis Volek, 22 March 2016 - 05:58 PM.

#96 Volthorne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 22 March 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

Until you get banned for not following the CoC

Please read he CoC and then do as it says....its in pretty easy to read English and will take all of 12 minutes from your life.

PGI's discretion. Also, if you're still able to fight you are not obligated to run in and get shot 80 times. The one exception I will make to this is if you have only one or two lasers left and you are NOT in a LCT-1V, RVN-3L, or SDR-5V. At that point you're pretty well f*cked anyway, so you might as well get it over with. Otherwise, feel free to keep on doing what you think will win your team the match*.

*This is the important bit. As long as you are attempting to win the match for your team, you are not in breach of the CoC.

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 22 March 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

Mead, here is something for you. Honor IS a thing in this game, its what keeps me from shooting mouth breathing dopes like you in the back at initial drop. Lets see how precious your tier 3 ranking is when YOU are the sole survivor on your side and your team demands you race in and die on the altar of their egos. I doubt you would capitulate in such a debased manner.

That's not honour. That's called "not being an ***". You wouldn't know what honour was if it jumped up and bit you on your clam backside, after giving you fair warning that it was going to do so.

And you even managed to drag tiers into your reply. Too funny.

Edited by Volthorne, 22 March 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#97 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:59 PM

View PostVolthorne, on 22 March 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

PGI's discretion. Also, if you're still able to fight you are not obligated to run in and get shot 80 times. The one exception I will make to this is if you have only one or two lasers left and you are NOT in a LCT-1V, RVN-3L, or SDR-5V. At that point you're pretty well f*cked anyway, so you might as well get it over with. Otherwise, feel free to keep on doing what you think will win your team the match*.

*This is the important bit. As long as you are attempting to win the match for your team, you are not in breach of the CoC.

Echo in here.

#98 MrMadguy

• 2,212 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:58 AM

View PostVolthorne, on 22 March 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

You're winning match for your team via cheating too. Should we allow it?

As I said, avoiding engaging is allowed only in case, when running out the clock will lead to victory. When it leads to cap victory in Conquest for example. I.e. in Skirmish it allowed only if you have more players alive. In all other cases avoiding engaging - is against COC. You are using unfair and unlegitimate starvation tactic via holding other players as hostages. They have a choice: risk to lose or waste their time. They are not obligated to risk to lose, but you're literally forcing them to do it, via exploiting lack of anit-non-participation mechanic in Skirmish. This is wrong and should be fixed. Try to win, but using legitimate tactic - via attacking enemy players.

Remember. Having small chances to win in fair fight - ISN'T VALID EXCUSE for avoiding engaging. It's matchmaker's problems, that it wanted to force you to lose, match was unbalanced and your team was stomped. Nobody is special. W/L should be = 1 for everybody, except top players. So you HAVE TO LOSE in 50% cases and you have to learn to accept your loses. If you don't want to accept your loses - then PVP game isn't for you. Go play Tetris. It's your problems, that you haven't participated enough, when your team was still alive. If you're so decent, then why haven't you saved your team from wiping? It's not other players' problem. There is no matter what you think - enemy team deserved their victory. You're nobody here to decide, whether it's true or not. As simple, as that.

Edited by MrMadguy, 23 March 2016 - 01:17 AM.

#99 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:39 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 22 March 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

Pay attention, kids. ^ This is how you make yourself look like an idiot.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5092198

View PostMead, on 21 March 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

Last match I was LMS at 11-6, had a sdr-5k on polar, ran up on a marauder and ran around him in circles firing nonstop. He let me do that for about a minute and then someone stepped in front of me and that was that.

Most entertaining match I'd been in for a while.

#100 Doman Hugin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:53 AM

If you are:

1) Shooting the enemy.

2) Capping.

3) waiting on the timer for a win.

4) moving into position (including hiding) to do any of the above.

Then you are playing the game and anyone who says it's against CoC doesn't know what they are talking about.

Spoiler

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users