Mechwarrior 4

31 replies to this topic

#21 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLouisville,Kentucky

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

not whining, i want anyone thats looking at playing to have all the info they need to get running. hard to do when every few days someone starts a new how do i play mercs thread. they miss the help others offer in the other threads get it?

#22 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

been a few new peeps every night. thats great

#23 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

so much to run one little game..

#24 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

just mtx it does everything for you but download maps, we see a few new names popping in daily

#25 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

Hey guys, I have a problem with Black Knight. I can't bind my zoom to my mouse, it only works on the keyboard.

I could use Mouse3 to zoom in Vengeance but not in Black Knight for some odd reason.

Any suggestions?

#26 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

play mercs4

#27 Vlandarr

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

Open the properties of your desktop shortcut and add /gosnovideo after the target in parentheses. This should fix the problem. Also you may need to set it to run in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

That got it working for me, had to do the same thing with Black Knight.

Edited by Vlandarr, 24 July 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#28 abetterpilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

new players everyday

#29 Aggie Junbug

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

in Mechwarrior 4 mercs why is that when you hit your oppent the mech turns black? i love the game dont get me wrong i aways will love the game i just wondering about that? i even how all the graphics max out too. was is designed like that. also does any one know if Mechwarrior online be traditional where they use the same rules as the table top version where you use critical slots and customization your mech to your specs. i hope so , why i dont like the hardpoint system in mechwarrior 4. i base my designs around energy based weapons. if anyone knows let me know.

#30 Anonymous Henchman

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

ok sorry to bump an old thread. and ive searched through all the threads i could. links for patches and such have timed out and i am at a loss. i need a a lot of help it would be appreciated. i have an alienware m11x 1.73 core 2 duo processor. windows 7 64 bit

#31 Raven IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

You will have to wait until a ''third party'' takes over for MW4 (free/3.1). This might take a while, as there are legal issues or something in the way atm. Unfortunately, MekTek isn't supporting MW4Mercs anymore, but a group called MechWarrior 4 Foundations (no website or anything, yet) is planned to be. For more data see the MekTek forums.
Also, running MW4 on your computer shouldn't be a problem. (see system requirements either on Wikipedia or anywhere else for more accurate info)

Edited by Raven IIC, 03 February 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#32 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostVlandarr, on 24 July 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

Open the properties of your desktop shortcut and add /gosnovideo after the target in parentheses. This should fix the problem. Also you may need to set it to run in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

That got it working for me, had to do the same thing with Black Knight.

i've found that /gosnovideo thing so solve a lot of problems associated with MW4. Good post. :P I would suggest to everyone that with whatever problem you're having with MW4, to just go ahead and try this real quick (since it is so easy.)

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users