Embrace The Suck... Not...

25 replies to this topic

#1 whitelightshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

I can not believe the current state of the game. It has become completely unplayable to the point where I can't even complete the current event. Too many cheater, OP mechs and not a single strand of fun left. So either embrace the suck or let it go, so as long as this game suck I will not play it. I will be back with the next update to check if it is playable again.

See'ya

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:33 PM

k. bai?

Can I have your stuff?

Oh...and who are you, again?

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:36 PM

my problem with the event is nobody is playing cw. im not sure im going to break 30 games by the end of the event.

i got 101 rewards in qp part. pgi needs to learn how to avoid obo errors.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 March 2016 - 11:36 PM.

#4 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

K.

i mean, it sucks in places, but damn nice hyperbole you have there

#5 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Are you only using Vindicators or something?

While laser vomit is very strong right now, most weapons can be used very effectively...and pretty much every mech is viable in solo queue.

If you aren't able to elaborate on what you're actually having issues with beyond "embracing the suck", I'd suggest you try to figure out what it is that's actually pissing you off rather than ragequit.

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:38 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 March 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

my problem with the event is nobody is playing cw. im not sure im going to break 30 games by the end of the event.

Yeah.. my ISP won't even let me log into the client most of the time ATM. Crappy mexican internet companies. Doubt I 'll get the quickplays done let alone think of playing CW.

#7 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:39 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 March 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

because CW sucks
not willing to spend half an hour waiting for a ghost drop any time soon after a full night of that crap...

besides, whats the point, CW is basically not there, its just a different matchmaker with even more limited parameters

#8 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:48 PM

Meanwhile...I have been getting Lucky Charm after Lucky Charm in my SINGLE ERPPC MLX....

See ya, dont let the door hit ya!

#9 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:57 PM

View Postwhitelightshadow, on 22 March 2016 - 11:31 PM, said:

I can not believe the current state of the game. It has become completely unplayable to the point where I can't even complete the current event. Too many cheater, OP mechs and not a single strand of fun left. So either embrace the suck or let it go, so as long as this game suck I will not play it. I will be back with the next update to check if it is playable again.
See'ya

What tier are you? If you're T3 or higher and complaining about "OP mechs", then that's a sign that PSR isn't working and it's giving your stiffer competition than you deserve. And I say that because we know it doesn't work, it's a flawed system that inflates ratings over time rather than truly measuring performance and rating players accordingly.

But I assure you you're not seeing cheaters. We've been over this hundreds of times and we don't need to go over it again. Some people can shoot, and some people know every spot of every map because they play the game every day.

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:59 PM

View PostTarogato, on 22 March 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

What tier are you? If you're T3 or higher and complaining about "OP mechs", then that's a sign that PSR isn't working and it's giving your stiffer competition than you deserve. And I say that because we know it doesn't work, it's a flawed system that inflates ratings over time rather than truly measuring performance and rating players accordingly.

But I assure you you're not seeing cheaters. We've been over this hundreds of times and we don't need to go over it again. Some people can shoot, and some people know every spot of every map because they play the game every day.

Yeah, these forums regularly demonstrate the PSR is largely worthless. No shock there.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:02 AM

ive actually been using the premium time to level a bunch of mechs that i bought during the holiday sales. some of them are mastered now. i also have enough cbills to trade it the junkier ones for maulers.

#12 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:14 AM

If you are losing all the matches and you aren't able to score 150 for the grab bags, you might consider yourself a part of the problem.

#13 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:41 AM

I normally wouldn't ,but im offering to team up with you and meat shield damage for you so you get some grab points if you want.
FYI im Australian timezone and playing mostly after 9.30pm ES Aussie time till way past midnight. But ill team up with you if you want. Because whilst sometimes disheartening i do still find this game fun and happy to try to keep more players in the game.
Friend me if you want and message me to tell me your from forums, just so i know who it is.

#14 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:24 AM

The OP might be going through a gaming bad spell thats distorting his perception of the game.

Ive been going through bad patch for a couple of weeks where I just cant seem to get anything right no matter what mech or build I try (I have not just changed Tiers either). Repeated sub 100 damage games can be demoralising.

The thing is I know that I am the problem and as such Im taking mini break (playing just once or twice a week) until Mr Brain resets/ rewires itself.

Perhaps the OP might consider the same.

#15 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:29 AM

View PostSoultraxx, on 23 March 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

The OP might be going through a gaming bad spell thats distorting his perception of the game.

Ive been going through bad patch for a couple of weeks where I just cant seem to get anything right no matter what mech or build I try (I have not just changed Tiers either). Repeated sub 100 damage games can be demoralising.

The thing is I know that I am the problem and as such Im taking mini break (playing just once or twice a week) until Mr Brain resets/ rewires itself.

Perhaps the OP might consider the same.

Soultraxx drop by the FRR TS, lots of friendly FRR players who are happy to play Quick Play or Faction Warfare with anyone.
Come by my unit there too, 2323 Reggies well gladly drop with you, though we mostly play FW, we do Quick Play during tournaments.

#16 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:43 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 23 March 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

Soultraxx drop by the FRR TS, lots of friendly FRR players who are happy to play Quick Play or Faction Warfare with anyone.
Come by my unit there too, 2323 Reggies well gladly drop with you, though we mostly play FW, we do Quick Play during tournaments.

Cheers for the offer.

Ive often thought about dropping into the FRR TS channel but never gotten around to it mostly due to RL family restraints. Next week Im home alone as the wife and children are off to the inlaws so hopefully I'll stick my head around the FRR door then for a look-see.

FW is fine with me. I have a fully kitted out drop deck I can use if need be.

Thanks again

Edited by Soultraxx, 23 March 2016 - 01:45 AM.

#17 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:56 AM

View PostChimera11, on 22 March 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

Are you only using Vindicators or something?

Can't be that. I use Vindicators from time to time and I STILL have fun :).

#18 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:41 AM

I'm tier 2, and taking a break from the game. The laser vomit is so damned boring and repititios and cookie cutter. So tires of seeing the same damn builds and mechs. Here's LPL vomit. Here's MPL vomit. And LPL + ML vomit. Gameplay is just so stale.

#19 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:09 AM

View PostTarogato, on 22 March 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

Look, PSR does the one thing it was intended to do, keep the experienced meta players from completely and utterly obliterating brand new players.

Frankly I don't think it wasn't intended to do anything other than gradually introduce new players to better and better players as they continue to play and improve.

#20 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:13 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 22 March 2016 - 11:59 PM, said:

Yeah, these forums regularly demonstrate the PSR is largely worthless. No shock there.

Well, My T3 Alt gets much easier games on average than my T1 main, so it does do something, for sure. And the T4/T5 underhive is truly hilarious.

It IS more of an XP bar than a skill rating, and is badly affected by groups carrying players to high tier quickly, but it does definitely do something.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users