3 replies to this topic

#1 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:10 AM

Jump jets for most mechs above medium class are relatively useless. This has been an issue for a while now, and PGI is to afraid to bring back the poptart meta.

So.

I have a quick idea that could possibly help with the issue.

When you thrust with JJs, your reticle shakes like normal and your accuracy is affected.

When you are in the air but not thrusting, it could be that your reticle sways side to side and up and down to a medium extent, to make it that PP weapons are harder to use while in the air, and requiring more skill to poptart effectively.

With this PGI could buff JJs across the board, and make mechs like the Executioner and summoner actually useful. (I know those two mechs aren't terrible, but still)

This is just a quick idea I thought up.

#2 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:21 AM

wouldn't be the worst idea, but I think you'll find that they are very apprehensive about buffing heavy and assault JJ's even if they need them for fears of heavy weapon jump sniping making a return.

That being said, I think those fears are mostly based on the game as it was years ago.

My biggest grip with JJ's is that you STILL after all these years get diminishing returns on investment past the initial JJ placed on the mech.

There is no reason to WANT anything more then 2 JJ's, and you have mechs that can have up to 12 of them in this game. Its literally something that needs to change as its silly that you get more out of the initial purchase then when you quadruple the amount of tonnage and space investment you put into the equipment.

#3 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:22 AM

I kinda like the the TT version of just rocketeering into the sky, and landing on heads.

#4 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:37 AM

wtf, double post...

http://mwomercs.com/...mpjet-solution/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users