What Mechwarrior Online Needs.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Mechwarrior King

Rookie

• The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:19 AM

I been playing Mechwarrior sense Mechwarrior 2. An one of the things that the past Mechwarrior games had that Mechwarrior online dosin't is the ability to control Ai lances. What I mean is that how Mechwarrior online as it is now I'm hesitant to say that it feels like a true Mechwarrior game. Things like lack of a campaign, mech that are to badly nerf (Clan mechs) and mech that are to buff and op (most IS mechs especially light and medium mechs). An that Mechwarrior online is exceedingly hard and unfriendly to new players. Which if the game developers are listening to me right now, they need to get to work on this right away. What Mechwarrior online needs is Ai for both friendly and enemy alike. An the ability to control your lances of Ai made up of mech in your mech bays and set the difficulty of the Ai. With this players can have player vs AI game that not only Make Mechwarrior online more accessible for new players and allow new players to hone there skills a lot better before getting thrown into the met grinder. And creat a game mode were one team of players and there AI vs another team of players and there AI. This will thrown a new element of stradgy to the game. With this Mechwarrior online will greatly improve. And with older game like Machwarrior 2 had this, the game developers have no excuse.

#2 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

Interesting

#3 GoldenPixelF2P

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

What you seem to be asking for is a campaign with AI, which I, too, would love to see. As for a multiplayer aspect of that, that just simply is never going to happen. MWO is based around you playing as ONE pilot fighting alongside eleven real people. Adding AI's will take away from that multiplayer experience. I would love AI, but not in QP or CW, that just wouldn't work.

#4 GutterBoy5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts
  • LocationAdelaide,south australia

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:08 PM

Ai not in QP or FW . But a campaign could be interesting for those that want it.

What this came really needs is more weapons not more mechs that can be built the same as all other mechs you own.

#5 GoldenPixelF2P

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostGutterBoy5, on 12 April 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

Ai not in QP or FW . But a campaign could be interesting for those that want it.

What this came really needs is more weapons not more mechs that can be built the same as all other mechs you own.

Okay, sure, there are plenty of tactics that are universally seen as good, but not everyone uses them. And as much as I would like to see some MRM's, the amount of coding that it would take to incorporate them into EVERY compatible mech would take a very, VERY long time. Mechs are the most time and resource efficient addition they can put into the game.

#6 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:35 AM

Hi Mechwarrior King, Its a sorry i never seen you on the battlefield.

As you wrote, MWO doesn't feel like a MechWarrior Game, the lack of a small campaign and PVE hurt the game , drew a lot of players away and that obsession that the CEO have for E-Sport kills it literally.

I just hope Russ will wake up before its too late but hes a hard headed guy so lets enjoy what we have for the while it lasts.

#7 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostMechwarrior King, on 25 March 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

I been playing Mechwarrior sense Mechwarrior 2. An one of the things that the past Mechwarrior games had that Mechwarrior online dosin't is the ability to control Ai lances. What I mean is that how Mechwarrior online as it is now I'm hesitant to say that it feels like a true Mechwarrior game. Things like lack of a campaign, mech that are to badly nerf (Clan mechs) and mech that are to buff and op (most IS mechs especially light and medium mechs). An that Mechwarrior online is exceedingly hard and unfriendly to new players. Which if the game developers are listening to me right now, they need to get to work on this right away. What Mechwarrior online needs is Ai for both friendly and enemy alike. An the ability to control your lances of Ai made up of mech in your mech bays and set the difficulty of the Ai. With this players can have player vs AI game that not only Make Mechwarrior online more accessible for new players and allow new players to hone there skills a lot better before getting thrown into the met grinder. And creat a game mode were one team of players and there AI vs another team of players and there AI. This will thrown a new element of stradgy to the game. With this Mechwarrior online will greatly improve. And with older game like Machwarrior 2 had this, the game developers have no excuse.

Snicker snicker ha ha :) I learned to work on computers to play Mechwarrior. Not 2... MECHWARRIOR. Drop the numbers when you say "I been playin' since..." like Grandpa and THEN I'll be impressed ;) Not an awful idea you have by the way... though not sure how they'd implement that. Still, I'm bored and it's more fun to trash talk a "since Mechwarrior 2!!!" whippersnapper ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users