#1 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

Is cl_joystick_absolute_inputs working?

I have it set to 1 but both torso twist and pitch do not center. I am only seeing arms centering to torso.

So for now I am using mouse emulation on my Warthog via TARGET at vastly reduced sensitivity.

Edited by Mystere, 16 March 2016 - 07:40 PM.

#2 mclang

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:18 AM

I think everybody say that the joystick absolute aim in MWO do not work very well, so you'd better to do your own mouse emulation either with TARGET, FreePIE or autohotkey.

Could you post your TARGET script so that I could try it with my warthog?

#3 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:15 AM

For now I have been using the TARGET GUI instead of the script editor. I have so far seen no compelling reason to delve with the latter. Having said that, here are the stick settings:

JOYX
  • MOUSE_X_AXIS
  • S Curve
  • Zoom = -6
JOYY
  • MOUSE_Y_AXIS
  • S Curve
  • Reverse Axis checked
  • Zoom = -9

To help with centering, I have set CSU to center legs to torso and CSD to center torso to legs. Those are the up and down positions of the hat switch on the front of the right throttle stick.

This setup is adequate for missiles, PPCs, and IS ballistics. Lasers and Clan ballistics are different matters, though (i.e. very frustrating).

#4 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

No, PGI's implementation is utter junk.
It does not account for differences in the mech's twist range, and they have a huge enforced deadzone.
Also, once you enable it, you cannot use the mouse.

However, I have been working towards a software based solution, but it is still only at the proof-of-concept stage.
You can find it here: http://mwomercs.com/...s/topic/225233-

My script works by reading joystick input and translating it into mouse output, so the game thinks you are playing with mouse, but you are playing with joystick. The logic is reliable, but it needs calibration for each mech. I have written code to find some of the calibration values, but not all. You can find the rest by trial and error though, and from what I hear once you have it set up it is reliable and does not drift out of alignment as much as previous implementations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users