Pug Groups / Rematch

2 replies to this topic

#1 thisisxerxes

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 97 posts
  • LocationChair

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

I don't want to have to wait for the game to find a new group to play with after every match when the last one was just fine.

I've got my mech. It just found me 23 other peeps to play with. Maybe I said hi to a few of them.

Why not jump everyone who's willing back to the map/mode vote screen for another round while it plugs in any vacancies (a few players will always call it quits or leave to tweak).

Just seems really weird to me that its finding new groups of players at the start of every round.

#2 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:23 AM

Had the same idea about 9 hours ago :)
I really like the concept, but there multiple issues and things to consider.

Small stuff
  • Should the teams be kept the same or should they be randomized for each match.
  • If the teams are not randomized, then when does it become group play.

Big stuff:
This is going to become a huge issue for the matchmaker. We wont really be splitting the bucket, but we will be reserving a chunk of the available player base.
  • The matchmaker has collected 10 players for a specific tier. It will keep adding players as they become available, but now a match ends where 20 players has chosen to continue. We now have two matchmakers waiting for a total of 18 players. The original matchmaker should by all fairness get any new players as they become available. The the players that has chosen to continue, will then have to wait quite a long time until the get the 4 players that they need to get started again.
  • You could pretty easily end up in a scenario where the entire available player base are caught in a deadlock via multiple continued matches. Fx. Lets say that there are 60 players available in a tier. All we need now is 3 continued matches with 20 players in each to cause a deadlock.

Alternatives:
  • Find a casual group of players that you can group drop with.
  • CW has longer match times than PUG.

#3 Soku Yamashita

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:33 PM

I would really like to see a rematch button.

Maybe to fix the issue of deadlocking the teams, the rematch can only be used to a best of 3 result. So if the same team wins twice in a row, then the games end, but if both teams tied, a third deciding match should follow.

(But ofcourse people will have to unanimously vote for a rematch i suppose.)

People will develop social bonds and rivalries if they keep playing with each other and communicating. MWO needs a stronger community i think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users