2 replies to this topic

#1 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:52 PM

This video discusses movement of a Battlemech's legs, torsos and how they affect the movement of the machine.

#2 Dibujor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:19 PM

As a new (less than a month) player I already knew the basics but it's a really good video nevertheless, more so for those that had no previous idea about battletech and/or battlemechs.

I have one question though... is there any advantage you find in having throttle decay off vs on?. I play with it on, but I see many videos where it's obvious they have it off (if the mech is still walking when you pull the player list for example)

#3 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostDibujor, on 01 April 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

As a new (less than a month) player I already knew the basics but it's a really good video nevertheless, more so for those that had no previous idea about battletech and/or battlemechs.

I have one question though... is there any advantage you find in having throttle decay off vs on?. I play with it on, but I see many videos where it's obvious they have it off (if the mech is still walking when you pull the player list for example)

I don't think it matters. Use whatever feels best to you. I leave it off, but some people say having it off offers more control. I have it off so I don't slow down if I need to move my finger off the "w" key to hit another key.

Edited by Spike Brave, 01 April 2016 - 04:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users