- - - - -

Making Money

9 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior25592

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:50 PM

I'm a little frustrated because the best way to make money is pretty clearly missile boating, but I just don't find that very fun. Don't get me wrong, it's fun sometimes, and I'm not hating on people who do like it, just not my thing.

I love running around in my shadow cat, but you just don't make as much money, and holy balls are mechs expensive.

Just a short rant from a new guy.

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

Sorry for the crass response but:

Git gud at not lurm boating.

Problem solved.

#3 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

Run a heavy or medium mech with at least 3 lg pulse lasers , target arms and legs and reap kmdd rewards. If you are in a LRM heavy tier running a tag laser or narc is a convenient way to rack up some cbills as well off of those lrm boats.

#4 Moment Killer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:52 PM

Saw the topic, came inside to talk about how lrm boating can make you money. Saw the post, knew that suggestion wasn't welcome here. =P

#5 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

Lights can make a lot of money scouting these days.

UAV + Narc I understand is pretty lucrative. Especially if said LRM boats are around.

#6 Moment Killer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

So if you just want to play your normal game, check out your stats at the end of matches. See what gives you the most money, and try to focus on doing that. (component damage, uav, kills, etc.)

If you have the coin, premium time + a mech with a 30% bonus goes a long way.

Edited by Moment Killer, 02 April 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#7 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

LRM's will actually not get you that much C-Bills. If you really have trouble farming money you should look out for the following:
  • How much assists do you get per game? You need as many as you can get, try hitting most enemies at least once, doesnt have to be much damage.
  • Are you active right at the start of the game? If you target (using R) an enemy mech as first player of your team you get a scouting bonus. Turning a capture point for your side for the first time also gives you a bonus. Shooting UAVs does. Being close to lance mates when they shoot something gives you extra points. There are tons of these little things. The faster you start moving and looking out for these little objectives (carefully though) the more money you will make.
  • If your aim is sufficient - dont spread the damage over enemy mechs. Aim for critical spots. Try to get side torsos as often as possible. This will give you lots of damage (all structure and armor of the arm lost with the side torso counts to your damage), component destructions and usually also more wins. Remember to use 'R' to find the weak spots. Absolutely essential.
  • Choose Conquest as game mode as often as you can. It provides a large C-Bill reward on wins.
All I can think of right now (kinda late here), hope some of these help you.

Oh and finally - dont get baited into selling mechs or engines if you can avoid it. I have regretted it almost every time.

#8 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

Lights can rack up an obscene amount of CBills per match if you do things right. Spotting, hit-and-run are worth quite a bit over the course of the match. Even with no premium time, I'm still getting 170-200k a match as a light skirmisher.

#9 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:53 PM

ahahahaahahahahahaahahaha.........................AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA........

sorry no. the problem is the Shadowcat. It's a "light" ECM support mech. It doesn't have enough weapon hardpoints. And it's fragile as hell.

Should've gotten a HBR instead. 2LPL/3MLas. 250k CBills minimum per game.

#10 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:15 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 02 April 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

Should've gotten a HBR instead. 2LPL/3MLas. 250k CBills minimum per game.

while I do not disagree that in most cases the HBR would be better that the Shadow Cat for cbill earnings, just putting on those weapons does not automatically get you 250k, you also need to do well in it to get that, if you get killed early you will not earn that, I suspect that 250k requires 6+ assists and 500+ damage, quite possibly with the HBR-Prime (I) and premium time.

a new player or someone who has not adjusted to the optimal play style for that load-out is unlikely to get anywhere close to 250k per match.

p.s.
I am not picking on you knightsljx, it is just unfortunate that I found 2 of your posts I do not agree with within a short space of time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users