Replace Or Redo Forest Colony, Frozen City, And River City

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Replace or redo Forest Colony, River City. and Frozen City (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Forest Colony, River City, and Frozen City maps need to be replaced or redone to better accomodate 12v12 matches.

1. Yes, replace or redo them for better 12v12 play. (16 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. No, leave them like they are. (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Forest Colony, Frozen City, and River City need to be replaced or redone. These maps were good for 4v4 matches back in the beginning of MWO, but we have outgrown them with 12v12. Please replace or redo them to accommodate 12v12 matches.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 23 November 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#2 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

Greetings,

PGI did address this issue with these smaller maps. (in VLogs and discussions)
- at the time of there design we were only fielding a few Mech's, and were actually testing the function of the maps an Mech's.
- As we progressed to 12 vs 12, you are correct, these maps now seem a bit too small for the number of Mech's present.

PGI stated that they may be 'off loaded' to some form of 1 on 1 to 4 on 4 testing area for new Mech Pilots starting the game.
- They also stated that with the additional library of materials and objects the have now, it's easer to build a new map than attempt to 'redo' the older designs.,
Update: they will attempt to improve the older maps by either expanding the borders, changing the path layout, adding new objects and terrain, and generally 'fixing' now known issues with these maps. (lots of data collected now.)

- There latest builds of maps are indeed larger and designed for both normal play as well as the drop ship additions that can 'just be dropped in' to these maps. (design changes required for dropship landings and defensive walls.)

So, PGI knows about the issues and has a plan for the older maps.

Note: PGI tested the next game mode 'Invasion', many new elements and functions will be included, events that have never been seen before. They tested some new destructible terrain, a bridge with a Mech on it was destroyed, both fell, the bridge landed on the Mech and killed it. !!

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 25 November 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:35 PM

The older maps are "classic" and should remain part of the game in my opinion. They are apart of MWO. One suggestion is for single player games.

However I would also like to point out that the last two maps are also small, and are still fit for combat. I think that they are on the same scale as maps such as River City and Caustic Valley if I'm not mistaken. I think that we should have a combination of large, medium, and small maps. :)

#4 Mordric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 237 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMI

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

Why just add a new game mode for 6x6 or 4x4? that way people you can not handle larger groups or smaller groups of friends could play a scaled down match.

I'd favor a 6x6 match mode. at lest if you changed them to privet match modes.

#5 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:33 AM

According to Russ, Frozen City is already being reworked. He also mentioned that things like the big hill in the middle of Forest Colony could be removed or reworked as soon as CW3 is in the game and resources can be freed up for other work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users