• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:44 PM

Why not? Hell, they could even turn it into a fundraiser. COLOR PINK: all sales of it go towards breast Cancer research.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 03 April 2016 - 12:45 PM.

#2 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 April 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

Why not? Hell, they could even turn it into a fundraiser. COLOR PINK: all sales of it go towards breast Cancer research.

Or to anti-bulling... Yes that's a thing up here in Canada.

#3 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 03 April 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

Or to anti-bulling... Yes that's a thing up here in Canada.

This was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard there are, indeed, anti-bullying organizations out there:

And I'm saying this as someone who was frequently the target of it. Granted, I'm a smartass and wouldn't give two scraps about the repercussions of my witty retorts to bullies, but... hey, whatever.

#4 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 April 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

This was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard there are, indeed, anti-bullying organizations out there:

And I'm saying this as someone who was frequently the target of it. Granted, I'm a smartass and wouldn't give two scraps about the repercussions of my witty retorts to bullies, but... hey, whatever.

It's funny after I came back to the real world after being discharged, I would walk my niece to her school, as I was crashing on my brother's couch, anyways one morning she asked me to paint her nails just as we got to her school, thinking nothing of it, I did it. A dad of one of the more 'questionable' area kids told his kid that I must be some kind of ****** to be painting a girls nails... So I made a kissy face at him. Dude flew off the handle, came at me, so I broke his arm, nose and gave him a black eye. I then told him I used to be in the US Army, and I could've killed him, and told him to grow up, not everyone is as insecure in the man hood like he was.

#5 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:25 PM

Purple is bad enough; no pink please.

#6 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

If you ask me, if people really wanted to end bullying, they need to tell their children to hit back. It does nobody any favors to tell kids not to defend themselves from bullies, or punishing them for doing so. If the victims are more willing to fight back, bullies are less willing to cause problems in the first place.

#7 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:31 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 April 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

That is probably one of the best ideas I have read on this forum in a long time.

Take note PGI.

Seriously, somebody tweet Russ

#8 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 03 April 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

I want the color pink. Do you guys want it?

Rather than ask for a single colour we should ask for more of every colours because why not have them?

#9 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 03 April 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

That is probably one of the best ideas I have read on this forum in a long time.

Take note PGI.

Seriously, somebody tweet Russ

I tweeted and also to Tina. But the more people who do, the more likely they'll notice we tweeted. :P

#10 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:34 PM

Include as many colors as possible. Colors shouldnt be sexialised (is that a word) colors arent genderbased.

Take pink for example, pink was a manly color centuries ago while light blue were used by girls since it was a calm color. I think cardinals in the vatican used pink?

Yes include pink, what we have now are pink-purple, aka magenta.

#11 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:34 PM

I want pink. PGI would be foolish to not sell it as a color as I'm sure many people would buy access for it.

I know they're concerned about how seriously people would take this game if they sold the color pink, but BattleTech canon isn't concerned. Have you guys seen the paint jobs on some canon units?

www.camospecs.com

#12 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 03 April 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

If you ask me, if people really wanted to end bullying, they need to tell their children to hit back. It does nobody any favors to tell kids not to defend themselves from bullies, or punishing them for doing so. If the victims are more willing to fight back, bullies are less willing to cause problems in the first place.

When both of my kids are old enough to understand that hitting is not something to be done with out a good reason, I intend to teach them both how to defend themselves. Though I'll show my daughter some more moves than my boy....

#13 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 03 April 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

purple is my favorite color

To each their own. It's just not very Battle-Techy; breaks my immersion and what not.

For me, it's disappointing to be cruising the timber on Forest Colony and have a giant, purple Dire Wolf waddle out into the open. It's like a, "For real???" kind of reaction from me. I tend to favor earth tones and dark colors to help with immersion and camouflage.

#14 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 03 April 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

To each their own. It's just not very Battle-Techy; breaks my immersion and what not.

For me, it's disappointing to be cruising the timber on Forest Colony and have a giant, purple Dire Wolf waddle out into the open. It's like a, "For real???" kind of reaction from me. I tend to favor earth tones and dark colors to help with immersion and camouflage.

Remember, this is a thing:

Posted Image

As is this:

Posted Image

Plus, with the way mech sensors work, I don't think the color of the mech matters much unless it can hide from the radar anyways.

Edit:

Hell, my own colors are that of Nova Cat Alpha Galaxy. You wanna know what that is? Bright blue, blending to black on the arms and legs, with bright white stars - yes, stars - painted on the mech. Official camo spec. Bright is totally within the setting of the BT universe, as far as paint is concerned.
Spoiler

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 03 April 2016 - 01:56 PM.

#15 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:15 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 03 April 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

What immersion?
You cant pre-set your camo for a match unless you are going to run a private game.

Further, unless you are dropping in a pre-made 12 man, you cant control what your squad mates will use.

How cool are you gonna feel and look when you have a lance that has desert, urban, woodland and tundra camo at the same?

Give up the ghost

#16 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:54 PM

Two pictures of the same robit. One with brutal, bad@ss, heavy metal gun-metal gray.

Posted Image

Now see what happens when you apply pink paint to the EXACT same robbit?!

Posted Image

INCONCEIVABLE!

Edited by RoboPatton, 03 April 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#17 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:56 PM

To be honest, nothing wrong with having ultra-bright colours and what have you in MechWarrior. In lore, colour was used almost like ye olde knightly heraldic arms. No reason why pink shouldn't be used at all.

#18 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:07 PM

There is a very strange and mysterious lack of Bishop Steiner in this thread...

#19 man du

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts
  • LocationIn my LCT-1V, chewing on your ankles!

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:11 PM

I'm just going to leave this here. . .

#20 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:20 PM

As I mentioned in another thread, we ALREADY have really ugly and garishly bright colors like neon greens, purples, etc.

I see no reason not to have pink too. I mean it's not like those other colors are any more "manly" or more mature than powder pink.

The way I see it, if a player wants to spend money to make their mech look ugly and obnoxious that's their prerogative...it just makes them easier to spot on the battlefield. Posted Image

Also, doesn't the Heavy Metal hero mech come with pink as one of it's base colors?

Hot pink...but it's pink.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users