- - - - -

Merging Accounts

11 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior25592

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

Fully admitting my own idiocy in this, I realize that I have two accounts. Oops.

Is there any way to merge them? By that I mean, I'd like to keep this username/pilot name, but keep the actual playtime from my other account. Obviously this would require action from a developer or customer service rep or something. But, obviously I have both usernames, both emails, and both passwords to prove that they're both mine.

Is there any way to make that happen?

#2 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

Poke the guys from support with that maybe ?
They turned out to be quite helpful in many a case so far .

accounts@mwomercs.com

Not sure if that´s the right spot, try them though .

#3 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

There's no way to do this in game, but if you contact support they might be able to help you with this.

Edit: Boooo ninja'd

Edited by CyborgDragon, 02 April 2016 - 08:00 PM.

#4 Dar1ng One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 227 posts
  • LocationArena Contender Royal

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

Negative.

I have communicated this many a time with Sergio @ accounts.

His official response is there is no facility at this time.

My personal advice, (and it is just mine), try to offload to a friend or cousin for some dollaridoos.

#5 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:15 AM

Or don't, because Codes of Conduct, but change your username on the other account to something similar an let this one fade?

~Leone.

#6 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:40 AM

Not no way, not no how.

Too many ways it could be abused

#7 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:46 AM

View PostRhynoD, on 02 April 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

Fully admitting my own idiocy in this, I realize that I have two accounts. Oops.

Is there any way to merge them? By that I mean, I'd like to keep this username/pilot name, but keep the actual playtime from my other account. Obviously this would require action from a developer or customer service rep or something. But, obviously I have both usernames, both emails, and both passwords to prove that they're both mine.

Is there any way to make that happen?

if the pilot name is all you want to keep from this account then change the username on this account, change the username of the other account to the name you just freed up on this account.

in theory that should work, the only possible issue is that I have no idea how long it would take to free up the name.

you get 1 free name change per account so that should not cost you anything.

also of course you could change the name to something like "Rhyno D" or "Rhynod" or possibly even " RhynoD", I know there is another Rogue Jedi out there, when I encountered him it looked like he had 2 spaces between Rogue and Jedi rather than my one

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 03 April 2016 - 12:55 AM.

#8 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:20 AM

Totally what Rogue Jedi here said.

You're not allowed to actually merge accounts (in the sense that you merge the mechs you have, mechbays, c-bills, won prizes etc. etc.) as this would be a very abusable.

But having one of your accounts 'killed' and renaming the second one to the first, that should be totally doable for the cool guys at Support.. Just make sure that it's killing the one account and renaming the other you are after and no mention of any 'merging' talk.

#9 Dibujor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:20 AM

What Rogue Jedi said. I had a very old account from way back in 2013 or so that I never played but a month ago I wanted to start playing and I wanted the cadet bonus and tutorial (that didn't exist back in the day). I changed the name on the old acount to something else and named the new account with my actual name I wanted to keep. Worked instantly, almost no wait time.

In fact I had to do it again because the first time I couldn't use the 1 day premium time they give the new accounts and, again, it worked instantly. You have one free rename per account.

So if the name is all you want to keep, there's nothing to worry about, just do that. :)

#10 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

There are mechanical advantages to having two accounts (I run two, three if you include the 4yo).
1. You can play both sides of the IS/clan conflict in CW on the same day.
2. One can be a "stock" or "hard mode" account.
3. Your alt account can troll when you need a change of oace withou affecting your PSR on the primary.

#11 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:43 PM

View PostFiona Marshe, on 04 April 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

There are mechanical advantages to having two accounts (I run two, three if you include the 4yo).
1. You can play both sides of the IS/clan conflict in CW on the same day.
2. One can be a "stock" or "hard mode" account.
3. Your alt account can troll when you need a change of oace withou affecting your PSR on the primary.

Posted Image

#12 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:09 AM

Won't happen.. I talked to support about this, they have no tools to do it, and they also won't remove mechs, and then give you c-bills to re-buy them.

basically their answer is no, and no time frame to actually do it. Nor will they split accounts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users