What Are The Limits To Autokey Macros?

3 replies to this topic

#1 No_One

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:41 PM

I just started playing around with macros, and was wondering if you guys could help me figure what the limits were. Is everything with a autohotkey program allowed? I'm not looking to get suspended/banned, and knowing the limit would be nice so I don't mess up.

This is assuming UAC, TAG, and other current macros are legal, and :
http://mwomercs.com/...wo-game-client/

Spoiler

First, I made a macro:
Spoiler

Scary things I can do:
Spoiler

And I have more ideas, but these are the ones that are questionable to me. I think my main hangups are controlling the mouse and automating the movement of legs, but that's why I made this post.

Are there any limits, or can I just go nuts?

(If this isn't in the right place, where do I put macro stuff? It's spread all over the place.)

Edit:Third Spoiler

Edited by Schtimpy, 28 March 2016 - 09:47 AM.

#2 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:00 AM

I have written the following macros, and have been reported a number of times for some of them, and PGI has never taken any action or removed my threads.

Fire Control: Rapid fire (eg for chain AC2s), TAG toggle, Jump jet spam

MWOZoom: Enhances mouse wheel zoom support (Fixes issue when you roll the wheel too quickly, allows you to exclude the middle zoom level)

RollMouse: Allows your mouse to emulate a trackball. Move the mouse quickly in a direction and pick it up off the desk while in motion to cause the view to keep moving in that direction until you put the mouse down (Basically what a steam controller can do). Great for allowing you to play with low mouse sensitivity, but not have to keep re-positioning your mouse when making large torso twists.

If you want to send mouse movement (not buttons) to MWO, you cannot use AHK's mousemove, you must use the mouse_event Windows API call.

All MWO AHK scripts that interact with keys or buttons should have the following at the start, else MWO may not recognize the keypress:
SetKeyDelay, 0, 50

#3 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:26 AM

It does not hurt to directly ask PGI support. Doing so also covers your bases in case someone does complain (i.e. "Well, I did ask you guys whether or not it was ok to do so!"). Posted Image

I myself don't use AHK. But I can think of a lot of possibilities using Thrustmaster's TARGET and Logitech's G13 tools.

#4 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

Macros are fine.
Been covered to death

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users