12 replies to this topic

#1 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:12 AM

Fix it, or bin the Tier system, since its not working correctly.

By all means argue its fair and balanced, but hows that lance of T5's not doing anything but being slaughtered holding up in your T2 game?

PGI I want you to please Fix your Mathmaker, its going to be your end otherwise when the steam players are bored of being butcher meat for the likes of Me and other long term players and we are bored of carrying people that refuse learn and expect a carry with two alpha strikes and dead.

Please support this post to get the MM system repaired, fully, no more bull, you know its wrong even if you get games where its like being fed snackpots before a proper game and vice versa Im sure newer players get fedup of getting trashed before their second alpha attempt cools.

I am getting T5's in my T2 matches, even asked and had people own up, some are false and just desperate ruin the numbers and therefor ruin the game, but I know theres plenty who want skilled matches, not free food from fresh faces, its cruel.

#2 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:08 AM

separate the mech select from the matchmaker and let it only use tiers to create a match
http://mwomercs.com/...-mode-proposal/
also modify matchscore (which defines tiers) to better reflect player contribution and motivate for team play

#3 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:16 AM

Need do something because when I play during day (UK), Im carrying/eating too many T5's, its not fun, its a free bloodbath or bleed out for me, having wait till about 11pm (UK) to start getting fair matches, but even then I can see clear as day, T5 lances just by how they play, you can visibly see it.

#4 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

do you want 15 minute search times for a match? that's how you get 15min search times for a match.

honestly, while the MM now is not perfect, it's much better than what it used to be. Search times are reasonable low, and rolfstomps are rarer than in the past.

there's only so much they can do with a game that has a small player pool.

#5 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:06 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 03 April 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

do you want 15 minute search times for a match? that's how you get 15min search times for a match.

honestly, while the MM now is not perfect, it's much better than what it used to be. Search times are reasonable low, and rolfstomps are rarer than in the past.

You know what, dont exaggerate it ok, it'd be turning 30-60 seconds into maybe two minutes at maximum.

So yes, Im happy wait, Im fedup of gambling MM drops to see if Ive got the T5 meatbags or if the enemy has.

And stop using 'small player pool' as an excuse, they put this system in, USE IT.

#6 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:34 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 03 April 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

if you move the mech select out of the matchmaker and into the match itself, then matchmaker only needs to match the tiers, that is 24 t5 players, 24 t4 players, 24 t3 players, 24 t2 players, 24 t1 players, that is 120 players online for 15-17 min search times maximum (if you try to join a match after one just started and lasts 15 minutes + the loading)
if the matches are faster (8 mins?) and more people are online (i bet more than 120), the search times and tier differences drop

#7 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

The thing I think that could help is if we could have it set up a little differently.
you see I view the t system like this these days:

T5 = casual players
T4/T3 = normal players
T2/T1 = the more competitive players

I have talked to a few T5s and they are good enough to move up they just don't want to because they like as one player put it 'all of the other T5 players are laid back' and play to have fun and don't want to deal with egos or people whining about ranking, k/d ect.

so lets remove T5 from MM completely and make it its own entity and then keep the later tiers in place so that would I think cut the moaning about facing T5 players and only have to deal with the later Tiers.

What I mean by making T5 its own entity is that players will have access to all normal game maps & modes but no chance of going any further up unless they earn enough points/game time and then have to manually move to the later tiers but unable to go back.

This way the later tiers will only have to deal with those who are ready.

#8 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

Did you not bother to attend/listen to the friday town hall or the replay?

Part 2...FF to about 15 mins into it...

#9 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:32 PM

@De
I normally don't.
though about tier system, get rid of it and you will have no wait time but then we have people whining about the lacking 'skilled' people and it being a slaughter as the OP has stated.

moving t5 into its own thing would fix some issues some higher level tier players are having with MM.

#10 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:46 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 April 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Did you not bother to attend/listen to the friday town hall or the replay?

Part 2...FF to about 15 mins into it...

Unless he's peddling something decent, not sounding like "Oh woe is me", he just has a face Im surprised survived through school, so no, plus I want something more official like a response here MM will be reconfigured and the original programmer(S) wages cut till it is.

Edited by Stryker Ezekiel, 03 April 2016 - 08:47 PM.

#11 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

@SE
what did you think about my idea?
move T5 into its own thing and players will have to earn their way kind of like before but can chose to leave T5(Like I said its more or less a great Casual gamer tier) then can do so via options once they rack up enough game time/points/exp.

That way there will be Zero chance of any t5 players unlike now.

#12 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:08 PM

They said they're happy with how the matchmaker is running now. They're not going to change it just for a handful complaining in the forums.

#13 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:12 PM

when you say 'they' you actually mean russ, then yeah I agree he won't.
makes me wonder if there was someone else in charge if they would even think about it and not let their personal bias get in the way like russ does with everything else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users