Hardware Inquiry

5 replies to this topic

#1 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

Hello there Posted Image

This is a question for the hosts of this tournament and something that most, if not all, participants will want to know, so here goes :

Might I inquire as to what kind of hardware can be expected at the finals ?

Mouse (Brand, Buttons, DesignDesignation, e.g.: Logitech, 6 assignable buttons, G502)
Keyboard (Brand, DesignDeignation, e.g.: Logitech, G710+ mechanical KB)
Monitor (Brand, Paneltype, Refreshrate, Resolution, e.g.: BenQ XL2420, IPS, 144HZ, 1920x1080)
PC (Mainboard, Processor, RamAmount/Speed/Latencies/, HDDs (Type, size,RPM), GPU)

Would be mighty fine if you guys at PGI could tell willing participants a bit more about the hardware they might find at the finals so they could maybe take a look at it/have a hands on test and also give them an outview on what kind of performance PC-wise to expect .

Greetings, Teh Rad

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 06 April 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#2 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

I do believe they have already mentioned that the mouse will be four button, and the monitor resolution will be 1080.

They are unlikely to have a keyboard with dedicated macro buttons.

As for the PC, a good bet would be Skylake i5/7, 16GB, SSD, and 970(or equivalent-1070?/490?).

Really, though, only the mouse and keyboard should have any bearing on play.

Edit. Also don't forget that you will not be able to change things like user.cfg. This is all in the rules.

Edited by darqsyde, 06 April 2016 - 09:13 AM.

#3 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

I know, still it would be nice to have an inkling of what kind of performance and hardware/peripherals to expect, because to some these "details" might have a big impact on playing :)

#4 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:51 AM

Well, seeing that they will want to put their best foot forwards on a 100K Tournament which will be streamed over the internet (ontop of what the live viewers will be watching) the hardware should be more than enough to handle a LAN game of MWO (remember the PCs dont have internet accesss, so even the gameserver will be hosted locally which will cut down on load related lag).

On top of that I seriously hope that PGI have set up a deal with hardware sponsors directly from the manufacturers (probably not Apple though) that they provide the PC/Monitors. If this is the case, then they will probably be wanting to showcase their latest/most powerful equipment at the time for self advertisement.
This will mean that the exact hardware specs are unknown evemn to PGI at the moment.. if this is not the case, then the games will probably be held on the old office PCs from PGIs accounting department after they were replaced (probably 486 or 386es :P ).

#5 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

If they want to showcase the game, they'll use the highest-clocked Skylake quad-core they can get their hands on and would also want to opt-in on a strong 4GB GPU (GTX 980). The peripherals are likely to be from Razer, so I'd suspect probably a Deathadder and Black Widow tournament edition keyboards. Monitors will probably be 23" or 24" ASUS monitors of a garden-variety 60Hz.

#6 Afuldan McKronik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:55 AM

If those are the perefials and dont allow us to bring our own, lovely. I have the same set at home :P

Ah, Rules Update. Basically we can bring our own but PGI needs to know what they are and they will inspect them upon arrival. They may or may not load any special driver suites for your specific needs. Expect Razer, Logitech and basic drivers loaded for sure.

Edited by Afuldan McKronik, 07 April 2016 - 10:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users