A Few Questions.....

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

First Question: Will mechs be locked from selection, until the end of the tournament ?

Meaning: When a player selects a mech in the tournament server, (being that the player has got the mech he prefers and thinks should be his for the duration.) that's it is your mech for the duration, no swapping.

I advocate for lots of playing around in the mechlab PRIOR to making that fateful decision, and lots of "do you really, really, really, really, really want to save?" buttons.

But it could be a very interesting and, I think good way to go.

Second Question: Now that you folded on the "no peripheral" rule... How will you verify if the device could be.... (lets go back a few decades) a loaded die ? How will you verify the integrity of the player-supplied hardware ?

Third Question: Is the map to be the same for ALL matches ?

(I do not mind this idea, it will help newer players get a feel)

Skirmish is the only logical game mode. (so flame me haters!!)

We could really use more information sooner, there's a lot of people who would just have a go at it to fill the ranks, but short notice kind of limits the potential of the team pool as a whole.

I do like the idea of locking mechs and mech loadouts for the duration.

Maybe if thecommunity crys hard enough for ramdom maps, then lock mechs in exchange ?? Just lock em all anyway........

#2 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:18 AM

We are all gonna end up on the North Pole, using Gateway systems built in 1998, locked into an Atlas armed with small lasers, playing this damn tournament over dial up connections by the time people quit putting their two cents worth of change input on this forum.

This how every nerf in the game has come about...forum ideas.

#3 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:06 PM

View Postgeodeath, on 07 April 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

We are all gonna end up on the North Pole, using Gateway systems built in 1998, locked into an Atlas armed with small lasers, playing this damn tournament over dial up connections by the time people quit putting their two cents worth of change input on this forum.

This how every nerf in the game has come about...forum ideas.

Wut ???? Posted Image

#4 HUBA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:53 AM

For the first question, Russ sad it will be played on a tournament server/client and it will be like the public test server where each player has enough money (MC and CBill) to buy what he want and could make 10 Atlas with all loadouts he want. So in theory there would be no need to change the loadout in tournament. (you only have 2min to ready up so make the build before the games and just change the Mech)

The thing that will be locked is the server itself, changes (buffs, new Mechs...) on the game server will not apply to the tournament server once it is gone online.

Edited by HUBA, 08 April 2016 - 07:53 AM.

#5 spud35

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

Will there be recordings of the tourney or will it be live stream for us whom may not be able to Participate?
And if so, will it be on youtube or other media.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users