2 replies to this topic

#1 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

I keep getting it freezing on the loading screen or black-screening in game and running a crash report.

Now as far as I can tell, it's not a memory issue or a graphics card issue (I have tested the **** outta my system and everything comes back with no problems).

I did a verify game cache through Steam; came back as missing two files (?!) and it replaced them. Tried again; first quick play map went fine, then next was River City, and the game black screened and crash reported (again).

The game worked fine for the first few weeks I'll add; I don't know if this is something that has happened with a recent patch or something. My system can more than adequately handle the performance requirements, but just in case I turned off things like in-game cockpit displays and put everything on their minimum value. It made no difference.

My computer has the following spec:

AMD FX-4130 Quad 3.8GHz
12 Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

I've uninstalled the game now; in the process of defragging the hard drive (which is currently 0% fragmented but what the hey) and then I'll reinstall it and try again. If that fails then I have no idea what to do.

Has anyone else had this issue?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,664 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

Disable all overlays, Steam, Nvidia, Teamspeak, Xbox (if using Win10), etc.

Did you also try to roll back the drivers a few versions? And were you able to drop onto the river city map in the training grounds?

#3 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 14 May 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Disable all overlays, Steam, Nvidia, Teamspeak, Xbox (if using Win10), etc.

Did you also try to roll back the drivers a few versions? And were you able to drop onto the river city map in the training grounds?

I didn't think it would be the overlays, however I'm a little suspicious of the NVIDIA one...

Didn't think of rolling back the drivers; I hadn't updated them since I've been playing (roughly four weeks) so I tried updating them before the uninstall/defrag/reinstall dance, but it didn't make a difference. In roughly three hours I'll reinstall MWO, then if that hasn't made a difference I'll take a look at the NVIDIA crap that always wants to run in the background

Thanks for taking the time to give some advice Posted Image

***EDIT*** Fixed. Uninstalled, defragged, reinstalled, disabled Steam overlay and switched off NVIDIA auto-alerts

Long-winded, but seems to have totally solved the problem.

Edited by AdetheRare, 16 May 2016 - 02:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users