#41 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:39 AM

View PostMawai, on 07 April 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

I'd think 50MC might be a more attractive price point than 100MC in that it might drive more sales without undercutting folks who buy a day of premium time. This would essentially be valuing a day of premium time at 5 bonus games rather than 2.5 ... but I can see it either way. On the other hand, the week or month purchases of premium time would still make more sense.

Bump because I agree fully. Would make MC purchases more attractive.

#42 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:02 AM

View PostNoiseCrypt, on 08 April 2016 - 03:49 AM, said:

Any math to support that claim ?

Lowest c-bill package is 800 MC for 1.1m c-bills

100 MC = 137,500 c-bills

This means you need to earn 275,000 c-bills each match over 8 matches in base rewards in order for the boost to break even.

Middle c-bill package is 1600 MC for 2.4m c-bills

100 MC = 150,000 c-bills

This means you need to earn 300,000 c-bills each match over 16 matches in base rewards in order for the boost to break even.

Highest c-bill package is 4000 MC for 6.5m c-bills

100 MC = 162,500 c-bills

This means you need to earn 325,000 c-bills each match over 40 matches in base rewards in order for the boost to break even.

I guess I should have said "unless you bother playing community warfare" since those sorts of earnings are usually fairly reachable there, but of course CW matches take longer and that also means playing CW in the first place; the extra XP from a boost is also something but not worth nearly as much either.

Those numbers are also probably more reachable in public queue matches with a c-bill boosting mech, but in a lot of cases the people with those mechs (with some exceptions, such as somebody taking their CN9-AH(L) out for a spin) are already running premium time anyways and for them the boost is irrelevant.

The point is that the boost misses the mark because PGI asks for too much.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users