• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

Sooooooo...

CW is ok...

Not bad...

Interesting...

But why in the name of god would you allow spawn camping!!!???

Are you f'ing stupid???!!!

Drop die, drop die, drop die... All because I have the ability to stay alive longer than the rest of my team and get kills. Wow, what a reward. Thanks.

Does anyone else think this is colossally STUPID???

EDIT: I shouldn't be forced to drop just to feed kills to the other team. Make them do the objective. /EDIT

Edited by Tyros the Pyromancer, 07 April 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#2 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:38 PM

Killing you is one of their objectives...

#3 TyphonCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:38 PM

It's literally been that day since it started.
Lose first wave, get pushed to spawn.
Die miserably before you hit the ground.
Repeat.

Edited by Team Chevy86, 07 April 2016 - 08:39 PM.

#4 PYR0MANCER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:42 PM

Well that was my first, and last CW. Screw the mechbays. I don't even like 99% of the mechs anyway.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:46 PM

Spawn point should be inaccessible to the enemy, IMO. That way those who are pushed back to their spawn has a chance to amass for a big counter push.

View PostTyros the Pyromancer, on 07 April 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

Well that was my first, and last CW. Screw the mechbays. I don't even like 99% of the mechs anyway.

You'll get better. Just because you get rolled in the first match doesn't mean you won't enjoy it later. If that was the case, I would have quit MWO after one match back in 2012.

Edited by El Bandito, 07 April 2016 - 08:56 PM.

#6 PYR0MANCER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

View Postdario03, on 07 April 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

Killing you is one of their objectives...

"Our entire platoon is dead and your the only man left. Time to parachute right into the middle of the enemy forces. Good luck soldier."

Give me a button to concede and not die meaninglessly. I don't wanna feed someone kills while ruining my own ratio and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

#7 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:54 PM

View PostTyros the Pyromancer, on 07 April 2016 - 08:48 PM, said:

"Our entire platoon is dead and your the only man left. Time to parachute right into the middle of the enemy forces. Good luck soldier."

Give me a button to concede and not die meaninglessly. I don't wanna feed someone kills while ruining my own ratio and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

CW doesn't count toward your kdr. Also your kdr doesn't really much matter for anything in the game.

Edited by dario03, 07 April 2016 - 09:00 PM.

#8 Seal Farmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:59 PM

So you dont use your armour to assist your team-mates but instead use them as meat shields and then cry why you're last left alone to die ?

#9 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:05 PM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 07 April 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

It's literally been that day since it started.
Lose first wave, get pushed to spawn.
Die miserably before you hit the ground.
Repeat.

It's no wonder only 10% of MWO players even bother with CW.

#10 PYR0MANCER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:14 PM

View PostSeal Farmer, on 07 April 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

So you dont use your armour to assist your team-mates but instead use them as meat shields and then cry why you're last left alone to die ?

It was a rather unexpected thing that's why the pinch of salt. I didn't know I was gonna drop and the enemy team is standing there waiting to kill the 2-3 that are left with mechs. I mean, who the hell makes a game where you can camp the enemies spawn?

Circumstances were I started in a light, got 3 kills, died, then died, then died. So the armor I had to contribute wasn't exactly much. I did my job, scout and harass, and I felt like I got punished for it.

EDIT: And it was my first so I didn't know the flow of it. I'm still gonna groan about having to drop into the enemy when it happens again, and it will happen again I'm sure. /EDIT

I'm cooling off from the bit of heat generated by the unexpected circumstances of dropping into a bunch of spawn campers and since none of it counts to kdr I guess I will go back in. There are a couple of mechs going to cbill purchase I will want to grab so the bays would be nice.

As far as kdr meaning nothing, it means something to me, and even though it's fallen hard since I came back recently since the days of 8v8 I wanna get it climbing back up. Yeah, I know, epeen and all that but I like to win, I like to see that number and feel good about it. Even though it relies so much on teammates in this game more than any other I've played I can't help but want that ratio better and better.

Edited by Tyros the Pyromancer, 07 April 2016 - 09:18 PM.

#11 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:18 PM

View PostTyros the Pyromancer, on 07 April 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

As far as kdr meaning nothing, it means something to me, and even though it's fallen hard since I came back recently since the days of 8v8 I wanna get it climbing back up.

FYI: http://mwomercs.com/...34#entry4069934

#12 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:24 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 April 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

Spawn point should be inaccessible to the enemy, IMO. That way those who are pushed back to their spawn has a chance to amass for a big counter push.

You'll get better. Just because you get rolled in the first match doesn't mean you won't enjoy it later. If that was the case, I would have quit MWO after one match back in 2012.

When it comes to the spawn camping, the ones feeding the teams kills will just run outside the protected spot anyway.

It should be fine the way it is but with stronger dropship weapons like LRM's. Some mechs take severe damage from dropships as they are while others seem to take none.....

#13 PYR0MANCER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:32 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 07 April 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

I don't do any of those things.

I try to get my ratio up by aiming well and sticking on target rather than shooting at several targets at once etc.

Edited by Tyros the Pyromancer, 07 April 2016 - 09:35 PM.

#14 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:37 PM

KDR is not tracked in CW, so if you care about your KDR, don't worry about it.

Spawn camping only happens in the most unbalanced of matches where one team is so bad that they actually manage to get pushed back to their spawn. If you are playing CW properly, you are dying at the same rate as your allies, not dropping all of your mechs at once at the end of the match in the hands of a waiting enemy. Also, light mechs should be rarely employed in CW. Please don't drop a light mech as your first mech, bring your heaviest since the first wave is the most important.

If you are interested in a positive CW experience, check out the FRR - they have a fantastic Teamspeak hub and they are very cordial and organised. Also try the Kurita Teamspeak hub (however, one of their most active units, Night's Scorn, is temporarily in the FRR this week)

In two weeks, CW Phase 3 is being patched in, which will separate unit players from non-signed players. Your experience should improve, regardless if you are solo or in a unit.

Edited by Tarogato, 07 April 2016 - 09:38 PM.

#15 PYR0MANCER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:04 PM

View PostTarogato, on 07 April 2016 - 09:37 PM, said:

KDR is not tracked in CW, so if you care about your KDR, don't worry about it.

Also, light mechs should be rarely employed in CW. Please don't drop a light mech as your first mech, bring your heaviest since the first wave is the most important.

I went afk and when I came back map was loading and I was in a light so that's my error. oops.

Edited by Tyros the Pyromancer, 07 April 2016 - 10:04 PM.

#16 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:28 PM

View PostTyros the Pyromancer, on 07 April 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

Sooooooo...

CW is ok...

Not bad...

Interesting...

But why in the name of god would you allow spawn camping!!!???

Are you f'ing stupid???!!!

Drop die, drop die, drop die... All because I have the ability to stay alive longer than the rest of my team and get kills. Wow, what a reward. Thanks.

Does anyone else think this is colossally STUPID???

EDIT: I shouldn't be forced to drop just to feed kills to the other team. Make them do the objective. /EDIT

The only time spawn camping really happens is when your team is being steamrolled so bad you would probably lose anyways. What I really want to see is dynamic drop zones like in Section 8: Prejudice (a little known but now defunct sci-fi shooter).

Also many people will say CW is "hard mode". Only hard for the team being crushed, however. Many games have a large group on one side and a random pick-up group on the other. There is no match-making whatsoever in CW so there could be large differences in skill.

#17 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:45 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 April 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

That would completely break the counter attack game mode. (not saying it's a good mode or anything) They'd have to make it so the camping defenders mechs explode when they camp their spawn unless they moved funnel out of it with in a min or 2 to allow the enemy to kills farm them.

#18 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:51 AM

I hardly ever get spawn camped I am usually dead already lol

#19 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:52 AM

CW's pretty pathetic in this regard.

I realize that a team that's been pressed back to it's spawn will never be coordinated enough to actually break out of it, but allowing them to spawn safely and at least give them the illusion that they're playing a game can't possibly be worse than what exists now.

#20 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:00 AM

View PostKanil, on 08 April 2016 - 05:52 AM, said:

CW's pretty pathetic in this regard.

I realize that a team that's been pressed back to it's spawn will never be coordinated enough to actually break out of it, but allowing them to spawn safely and at least give them the illusion that they're playing a game can't possibly be worse than what exists now.

I don't think it would be better. Spawn camping is a problem and many teams do it. If you make it easier/better for them to spawn camp, more teams will do it and it will just make the matches longer and/or breaks the game mode. Counter attack> snag a kill and just camp spawn the rest of the match and it's GG without enemies even being able to attempt to breech? no thanks.
At least as it is now players can attempt to regain a kill lead by storming the dropzones. Some maps you can't even get all your mechs into the drop zones without JJ so the campers already have the advantage from camping.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users