Need 2 Additional Atlasses..

8 replies to this topic

#1 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:11 AM

In preparation for my beloved kodiak to return, i feel like re-purchasing 2 atlas mechs. One day, i mastered the D, DC and RS. Now i want to have 2 again to accompany my brawler S model

Thing is, everyone want to look at atlasses as brawlers, but i feel like "trying" to get a long range model aswel. I dont want 3 brawler atlasses, just not yet

AS7-D

AS7-K

I was thinking of something in these lines.

I have been playing since 2013, i got maulers, direwolfes, warhawks, battlemasters, you name it

But atlasses is something i stayed off-limits to for a long time (wich i never understood, why)

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:18 AM

I rate them S>D-DC>BH>D>RS>K

For a ranged build, I ran something like this on my D long ago and found it surprisingly decent in PUGs.

#3 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:29 AM

Reason why you don't play ranged atlas probably because when it comes to long range the atlas dont have enough ballistic or laser hardpoint to go pure dakka or laser vomit. It not like you can't make a ranged atlas but other assualt are better in it then the atlas.

#4 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:44 AM

If you want ranged you can swap the AC20 for 2UAC5 on a DDC and still be a damn fine brawler.

#5 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:43 AM

AS7-D-DC
I use this on my D-DC. I realise LRMs are unclean on an Atlas and the command console might actually be a waste of 3t but I've found it reasonably enjoyable
EDIT: Or if you wanna make it brawlier, swap the LRMs for SRMs AS7-D-DC

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 10 April 2016 - 04:46 AM.

#6 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:57 AM

I find a couple of lrm on atlases useful until you get close. You can then at least do some softening up before sloooowly walking into battle.
I havent played my atlases that much but got the D-DC, Boars Head and the loyality one which is exactly like the S one but with a different look.
So, yeah the D-DC and S works I guess and if you got the money, get the Boars Head.

#7 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:17 AM

View PostTercieI, on 08 April 2016 - 06:18 AM, said:

I rate them S>D-DC>BH>D>RS>K

this

and a theorycraft AS7-D build with both long and short range punch

#8 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:32 AM

First of all the lone large pulse on both builds does nothing for me since it doesn't sync well with your other weapons.

The D should be twin UAC and the K needs a complete rework improving the location of ammo and providing crit padding for the gauss which currently has none.

Your K also has ton of extra slots. Install endo.

#9 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:38 PM

The only real long range Atlas is the K and it's not really good at that either. You can do 3xERLL/LL + Gauss. But the firepower of a 65 ton Jagermech plus an ST that people focus on which leads to Gauss explosion and the loss of most of your firepower. Doable if you need a challenge.

Mid range you can do 2xUAC5/AC5 3xLL on the D, 4xLL AC10/Gauss on the RS. 6xLL on the Boar's Head. Actually the BH is the only non-brawler build on any Atlas that I can say is better than the brawler build.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users